LIttle buddy looking for a GOOD home

Nutter

The kids fostered this Ferret last year, he was neglected by first owner who's ferrets had a litter and he became over welmed, but they got him at only a couple months old. I hate to see him go since I've grown to like the little guy and he's become my little buddy, but it's time. He's fullly littler trained, has the run of house and goes to bed or for quite time in his cage (ferrets sleep 18 to 20 hours a day are only active about 4 to 6 hours a day, a lot of it in their cage housekeeping). We called him Stinkey cause when we first got him he stank, but has since been descented and fixed, he's very family memberish and gets along great with kids and our cats, and loves to curl up and watch TV. Like I said I hate see him go but we all agreed we are too busy to keep him longer then it took to train him for a nice home. He comes with his cage all the accessories and all his toys. If your family is interested pm me and we can set up an interview, were not interested in just letting him go to anyone ....

IMG_2520.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_2522.jpg

IMG_2529.jpg

IMG_23029.jpg

He's such a ham for the camera ...

IMG_23199.jpg

IMG_23309.jpg

IMG_23049.jpg

IMG_230499.jpg

Check your PM's. I'm interested !

How about a nice Ferret Tikka Masala?

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup yogurt

1 tablespoon lemon juice

2 teaspoons ground cumin

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 teaspoons cayenne pepper

2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper

1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger

4 teaspoons salt, or to taste

3 boneless skinless ferret breasts, cut into bite-size pieces

4 long skewers

1 tablespoon butter

1 clove garlic, minced

1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped

2 teaspoons ground cumin

2 teaspoons paprika

3 teaspoons salt, or to taste

1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce

1 cup heavy cream

1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:

In a large bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger, and 4 teaspoons salt. Stir in ferret, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Preheat a grill for high heat.

Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread ferret onto skewers, and discard marinade. Grill until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side.

Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Season with 2 teaspoons cumin, paprika, and 3 teaspoons salt. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Add grilled ferret, and simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with fresh cilantro.

Serve with Fava Beans and a Nice Chianti icon_e_biggrin.gif

Check your PM's. I'm interested !

How about a nice Ferret Tikka Masala?

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup yogurt

1 tablespoon lemon juice

2 teaspoons ground cumin

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 teaspoons cayenne pepper

2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper

1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger

4 teaspoons salt, or to taste

3 boneless skinless ferret breasts, cut into bite-size pieces

4 long skewers

1 tablespoon butter

1 clove garlic, minced

1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped

2 teaspoons ground cumin

2 teaspoons paprika

3 teaspoons salt, or to taste

1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce

1 cup heavy cream

1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:

In a large bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger, and 4 teaspoons salt. Stir in ferret, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Preheat a grill for high heat.

Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread ferret onto skewers, and discard marinade. Grill until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side.

Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Season with 2 teaspoons cumin, paprika, and 3 teaspoons salt. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Add grilled ferret, and simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with fresh cilantro.

Serve with Fava Beans and a Nice Chianti icon_e_biggrin.gif

I have some nice metal skewers that I would let go cheap? :-)

Stinkey looks like a six skewer rat. Ill bring 8 just in case.

UTS, please, a little sensitivity is in order. Stinkey is NOT a rat. Ferrets are not part of the Rodent Family. Ferrets are 'cousins' of the Badger.

Us rodents would know that.

(btw, there is a whole series of websites devoted to "Shaving the Badger" but you'll not find any if you have Parental Controls activated. )

Kewl. Get here early and we can do a little Ferret Bowling during Happy Hour.

My link

:coffeespit:

A little too much time on your hands, STG? One can only imagine what led you to find that on YouTube.

Kewl. Get here early and we can do a little Ferret Bowling during Happy Hour.

My link

CoffeSpit.gif

A little too much time on your hands, STG? One can only imagine what led you to find that on YouTube.

It's da helicopters, irREVerent, it's da helicopters !!!

fantasyisland-hervavillechaize.jpg

Par-a-noia strikes deep

into your life it will creep

it starts when your always afraid

step out of line the man come and take you away

we better stop

hey what's that sound

everybody look what's going down ..................

How do i IM on this thing???

Welcome to the forum!!   :wavey:

Stinky has found a new home with some great people not far away from here, who used to operate a Ferret rescue before they had kids, so they know lots about Ferrets and have a real soft spot for them. They just got another Ferret named Taz since their kids are now old enough for both them and the Ferret to get along, and Taz was looking for a little buddy .... now he has one. :woot::woot:

No ... I just got some dust in my eyes

Good news Rick :right_on:

Fun critters but like most, stinky.

Rodents are usually like that! rolleyes.gif

Goddammitt Buns ! BangHead.gif Ferrets are not part of the Rodent Family. angry-smiley-055.gif Ferrets are 'cousins' of the Badger. icon_exclaim.gif

Rodents are usually like that! rolleyes.gif

Goddammitt Buns ! BangHead.gif Ferrets are not part of the Rodent Family. angry-smiley-055.gif Ferrets are 'cousins' of the Badger. icon_exclaim.gif

Whatever! :rolleyes:

They all creep me out in their own way!

• 1 month later...

Stinky has found a new home with some great people not far away from here, who used to operate a Ferret rescue before they had kids, so they know lots about Ferrets and have a real soft spot for them. They just got another Ferret named Taz since their kids are now old enough for both them and the Ferret to get along, and Taz was looking for a little buddy .... now he has one. :woot::woot:

No ... I just got some dust in my eyes

Good for you for caring to find him a proper good home. So many people that give up animals just let them go to anybody.

Archived