Report and Pics - OC Ride for Kelly & Austin!!

Giddy UP

First…let me start by saying …WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND!!! It was absolutely wonderful to see so many of the people from the OC come out to help such a great cause and to react on such short notice to the new location! Thank you to all who came and participated in what I hope is going to be “The Annual OC Ride for Kelly!”.

It certainly started out right….Friday morning that snow storm brought just what we needed ….SNOW!!! And did it ever! Maple arrived the night before (she was smart) to avoid having to drive through the heavy snow and blowing snow! I really think she just wanted to check out the hot tub before everyone got there!

Mr. Giddy and I arrived at the Riverside Inn just in time to see Evil and Good arriving as well.

And of course, I found Maple………in her room…………..mmmmmmmmmm Bailey’s

After having a quick lunch in the dining room with Maple, Good, Evil, Mrs. 14Snow and Sandy (Good and Evil’s friend)…..we decided with all that snow comin down….we needed to RIDE….gotta get those sleds of the trailer …..

DSCN3110.jpg

LMV and his friend Emmerich had also just arrived and off-loaded LMV’s new ride for the weekend – the Phaser

DSCN3116.jpg

So we headed out for a quick run before dinner. It took us a little while….but we finally found the trail….there was so much snow we couldn’t see where the trail crossed the road. The conditions were great considering they hadn’t been groomed yet…..hopefully the groomers will be out tonight and conditions should be good for tomorrow’s ride.

DSCN3114.jpg

DSCN3115.jpg

We got back to the Riverside Inn around 4:30 just in time for Happy Hour! It was great to see everyone gathering in the dining room for some dinner and drinks and ummmmmmmmm….what’s this!

A “transaction”???? Exactly WHAT is Evil paying Mossy for anyway??? Hmmmmmm?

DSCN3119.jpg

Food was great at the Riverside…..dinner Friday night for me at least was the sirloin steak …….mmmmmmmmmm ….steak!

DSCN3118.jpg

I also noticed this very important sign!!! What's up with that?

DSCN3117.jpg

Guess we can't party in the Hot Tub after all :(

Awoke on Saturday morning at 4:30AM!!! I thought it might have been Mr. Mossy and Mrs. Mossy in the next room….but alas….it was ‘SNOW PLOW DUDE”!!! I hate snowplow dude! First of all…they take away all the snow!....and wake up sleeping sledders at indecent hours to do so!

After breakfast the groups gathered and we were off. Well……it seemed like a good idea to do the “round Lake Muskoka” trip. With STG leading our merry little band we headed out onto freshly groomed trails…….for a minute! :umno:

The faster groups took the “high” road to Dorset….and the "slow touring" sledders followed the Mouse down the “low” road. :shock: We definitely should have been riding SeaDoos….not SkiDoos for this little adventure that’s for sure. The washouts were abundant and actually more like swampy lakes mostly. We happened upon this unlucky sledder outside of Bala. We got a bit of a head’s up when we saw the owner walking back down the trail covered in mud!

DSCN3126.jpg

A detour was needed here and STG found the way. We finally made it to the Bass Lake House around 2:00PM for lunch and a well deserved rest. Maple and Mrs. 14Snow drove over to the restaurant to meet us for a bite to eat. And I'm pretty sure irREVrent was looking forward to his meal!

After lunch we were back at it with more mud holes to manouver.

DSCN3134.jpg

DSCN3138.jpg

We arrived back at the Riverside in around 5:40PM…just time for a quick hot shower and cocktails before dinner!!!

Maple...had stayed back at the "ranch" and made sure everything was ready to go for our return! Thank you Maple! :woot::woot:

The Silent Auction Table was busy! Everyone rallying for the highest bid. We had some great prizes donated to the cause……LMV sure had his sights set on that VOX Helmut and I’m not sure what Ontariof7 was up to here…….outbidding Domino I think! ;)

The Buffet dinner was wonderful.....roast beef....(mmmmmmm), lasagna, salads, rolls, veggies and desserts!!!

DSCN3142.jpg

Suzy Q was able to join us for dinner and at the end of the night we presented her with the cheque from everyone raising over $11,000 for the Kelly Shires Foundation!!!

It sure was a great success and definitely worth doing again next year. Stay tuned….plans are in the works!

Today we took a different route! OntarioF7, joined us for a quick loop up to Pt. Sydney before loading up the trailers and heading for home. :carsled: The groomers had been out last night and did a great job to smooth out the moguls from yesterday! :rockon:

Hey STG!!! :wavey: This is what the trails should have looked like!

DSCN3152-1.jpg

DSCN3153-1.jpg

DSCN3154-1.jpg

We headed up to Sydney’s for a quick rest stop and some lunch. Muskoka Motion – great little spot you have there!!! Definitely will be back that way and stop in again…..the soup was great!!!

I can’t wait to hear and see more pics from others that were there! What a great OC Event ....what great people.....what a great time!!!

Giddy UP!!!! :wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funny Thing......I swore the where more pictures to this Post..... :rotflmao: Maybe it just me. :crazy: But there seemed to have more :wtf: oh Well...lol Like I said it must be me I'm seing things ;)

Hey Luc.. Lots of very tired snowmobilers today :coffeenose::coffeenose: I'm sure there's lots more to come...

Hey Mossy :wavey:

There were a few more that I took....but I think there are lots more coming. Maple took a bunch and so did STG...etc. I'm sure there will be lots more on here in the next day or so. Here are a few more from my camera.

Maple's room of course! BTW - DON'T DRINK FROM THOSE GLASSES!

DSCN3108.jpg

STG leads the way around yet another mud hole!! But - WAIT!!! It was actually worse than the mud hole!!! Don't follow that Mouse!

DSCN3135.jpg

Too late - others were hot on Mr. Mouse's tail...only to be lead to doom. Good thing they made it out of that Mouse Trap!

DSCN3136.jpg

What a peaceful sight - Our sleds are tucked away snug in their pens....While visions of groomed trails danced in our heads....nothing was stirring.....not even a Mouse!

DSCN3121.jpg

A little bit of "horse play" while waiting for Mossy to change ANOTHER spark plug on his POLARIS!

DSCN3123.jpg

All other pictures will be sold individually at a very high price :D

WOW, great job for the KS ride. I wish I could have attended but school sux.

I will try to make it to the Prostate ride in a couple weeks. Anyone else going to that one?

Is it just me or does that Blue Phaser look a bit goofy?

Hope the next warm up doesn't do much damage.

Ride safe everyone.

M

A little bit of "horse play" while waiting for Mossy to change ANOTHER spark plug on his POLARIS!

Good thing there was only two and the POLARIS didn't over heat! :wavey:

And my daughter is very excited about her new helmet!!!

:angry: Not impressed with the overheating :angry: I would have rather changed the plugs :oops:

:wavey:

:angry: Not impressed with the overheating :angry: I would have rather changed the plugs :oops:

My brand new sled worked perfectly :woot::woot::woot:

Hey, Mossy...good to meet you and Mrs. Mossy. Sorry about that Polaris and the fouled plugs you had to change....for a while there, I thought you'd slipped a 2004 600 SDI 'Doo motor under the hood. But you shouldn't feel badly, because your plug stops represented only about 14.7% of the stops/diversions/delays we had to make on the RLM (Round Lake Muskoka) tour yesterday...for which we should give due credit to the group leader for the "interesting" choice of route...and whose acronym should henceforth be changed from "STG" to "ISLAGIATT" *** :wavey::wavey:

:poke:

***It seemed like a good idea at the time

My brand new sled worked perfectly :woot::woot::woot:

Actually, LMV, we 'Doo riders have to give you "doo" credit for the fact that your brand new Phazer performed without a problem...

But you didn't have to LOOK at the front view :puke: nearly as much as the rest of us did, because you were on it all the time. It's definitely the "pug" of sleds, and...um...an "acquired taste". :shock:

I can't help wondering what happened to the rest of the front end... :lol:

Hey, Mossy...good to meet you and Mrs. Mossy. Sorry about that Polaris and the fouled plugs you had to change....for a while there, I thought you'd slipped a 2004 600 SDI 'Doo motor under the hood. But you shouldn't feel badly, because your plug stops represented only about 14.7% of the stops/diversions/delays we had to make on the RLM (Round Lake Muskoka) tour yesterday...for which we should give due credit to the group leader for the "interesting" choice of route...and whose acronym should henceforth be changed from "STG" to "ISLAGIATT" *** :wavey::wavey:

:poke:

***It seemed like a good idea at the time

It was great meeting all that went even STG! :wavey: It sure helps put some faces to the name here! We really enjoyed everyones company and stories. My only complaint is we had to go home!

Thanks also to Maple, Giddy up, Evil and Rick! If it wasn't for them I don't think we ever would have met and had such a good time!

Can't wait til next year!

I have some pictures as well but this uploading thing is too tough for a polaris guy like me!

I agree, it was a great weekend. I arrived Thursday night and rode to Huntsville and back on Friday. Met up with Mr & Mrs STG and 14Snow at Port Sydney.

Here are a few pics from my ride on Friday morning.

[attachment=4]DSCN0635.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=3]DSCN0636.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=2]DSCN0637.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=1]DSCN0638.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]DSCN0639.JPG[/attachment]

It was a fun experience putting faces to some of the names on this forum.

Thanks to all for a weekend to remember.

I agree, it was a great weekend. I arrived Thursday night and rode to Huntsville and back on Friday. Met up with Mr & Mrs STG and 14Snow at Port Sydney.

Hey Sledjunk - this looks like the route the Slow Touring group should have taken. Poor STG :wavey:

Great to meet you and the Moosifier!

Hey Sledjunk - this looks like the route the Slow Touring group should have taken. Poor STG :wavey:

Great to meet you and the Moosifier!

That was the route the STGroup took on Friday - not a piece of beaver poop anywhere; what a dull ride :P :P :P

Well Folks, I must say it was a very successful weekend for the Kelly Shires Foundation.

Our small band of characters (reprobates, many) carried off a $11,000 to $12,000 coup on short notice and a change of venue within 48 hours of the main event. Congratulations to everyone who attended and brought in those hefty pledge forms !!

Kudos, especially, to our organizers. Maple, Giddy-Up, Evil !! Thank you very much :!: Thank you for organizing the event, hounding sponsors, tallying pledge sheets, stuffing goody bags, dealing with hoteliers, caterers, bitter members, recalcitrant sheep (oops, wrong thank you note, sorry :oops: ) and the myriad of behind the scenes details that go unnoticed during the event but are the very things that ensure its success. You were wonderful. And we very much appreciate all the efforts you put into making it the success it was. I trust the Kelly Shires Foundation shares our sentiments.

BRAVO :!::!:

In addition, I'd also like to say how enjoyable it was to meet so many OC.Com members that I'd never met before.

Several, anyway.

Well, a few.

Ok, some.

So... if I was really pushed, maybe irREVerent and Mossy.

On the other hand Evil is waaaaaaaaay hotter than either of them.

Or, even, both of them put together.

Speaking of them put together, did you see the video ? :!:

And people talk about me with sheep :roll:

By the way, Ontariof7 was right about his spooning prowess ;)

(psst, Giddy-UP; call me ! You promised you'd show me some new riding positions 8-) )

Well Folks, I must say it was a very successful weekend for the Kelly Shires Foundation.

Our small band of characters (reprobates, many) carried off a $11,000 to $12,000 coup on short notice and a change of venue within 48 hours of the main event. Congratulations to everyone who attended and brought in those hefty pledge forms !!

Kudos, especially, to our organizers. Maple, Giddy-Up, Evil !! Thank you very much :!: Thank you for organizing the event, hounding sponsors, tallying pledge sheets, stuffing goody bags, dealing with hoteliers, caterers, bitter members, recalcitrant sheep (oops, wrong thank you note, sorry :oops: ) and the myriad of behind the scenes details that go unnoticed during the event but are the very things that ensure its success. You were wonderful. And we very much appreciate all the efforts you put into making it the success it was. I trust the Kelly Shires Foundation shares our sentiments.

BRAVO :!::!:

Hear Hear (except for the sheep part :poke: )

Great Job Ladies

In addition, I'd also like to say how enjoyable it was to meet so many OC.Com members that I'd never met before.

Several, anyway.

Well, a few.

Ok, some.

So... if I was really pushed, maybe irREVerent and Mossy.

On the other hand Evil is waaaaaaaaay hotter than either of them.

Or, even, both of them put together.

Speaking of them put together, did you see the video ? :!:

And people talk about me with sheep :roll:

By the way, Ontariof7 was right about his spooning prowess ;)

(psst, Giddy-UP; call me ! You promised you'd show me some new riding positions 8-) )

I think you gave me the wrong number to contact you.......are you sure the area code is 1-900 ????

Archived