riding Lake Simcoe,minding my business

cehyoopers

so,there I am riding Simcoe,heading pass willow beach and I see an atv coming towards me,,,,,nothing strange,,,he passes me and then does a 180 and is off to my side.I give him the :right_on: and he :right_on: back.He picks the speed up a bit,,,,so do I.He picks it up again,so do I.Pretty soon he hammers this thing and I am on the pin looking at his back end,,,,,I am somewhat laughing,as the atv looks like a handfull but he does not let up and I am somewhat amazed as this guy can drive,,,,,I start to catch him,slowly,,I am confused,,,figure my sled is acting up,but I look down and see that I am well into triple digits.I signal for us to stop,,,,I know nothing about atv's,but I know they do not go 110 miles per hour,,,,,,then as I am talking to him I notice this,

PIC010218.jpg

this is a 1000 suzuki street bike engine,complete with a 6 speed gearbox,,,,,,about 50 studs in each rear tire,,,,,wow,,,

PIC010216.jpg

this think is a rocket,he let me drive it,,,,nothing like I have ever piloted before,,,,,it is scary.I was very conservative and when I came back,he said it into 3rd and run it up to 12 grand,,,,,so I got it up to 8 grand and then hit it,,,,wow,this thing felt strong,,,it lifted a bit and then just went,,,fast,very quickly.The writing on the side is his sled kills,,,,he says he has gotten behind and there should be 10 more at least on the side,I believe him,,,,this thing was crazy fast.

PIC010217.jpg

he build this himself and is trying to sell it on kijiji,,,he wants to build another one but use the hyabusa engine,,,,insane,,,, :-o:-o

he is very talented at welding and fabrication and has access to some cool stuff.I got his number for future dealings.

so after chewing the fat for a bit we rode to Keswick together then to where his truck was,,,,this thing sounded neat.

Then I was off to Barrie,

PIC010224.jpg

PIC010225.jpg

this place amazed me,,,,not sure how many millions it is worth but 10 may not be to many,,,,

PIC010228.jpg

with a great view,

PIC010229.jpg

got a couple of speed runs on the ice road in,,,,106 into the wind,,,,and this with the wind,

IMGP0021.jpg

all in all it was a great little ride,,,,,a bit lean on soft snow,but very fast riding,,,,I basical went around Simcoe,,but did not do the smaller bays,

AroundSimcoe.jpg

PIC010228.jpg

You should have stopped in and said hello!

cough cough

PIC010228.jpg

You should have stopped in and said hello!

cough cough

actually my police scanner said a chopper had been scrambled,,, :unsure::unsure::wacko::blink::shock:

actually my police scanner said a chopper had been scrambled,,, :unsure: :unsure: :wacko::blink::shock:

Sounds like the old days out front of Bigwin eh?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: did you ever notice I never got closer then 300 yards,,,,, :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

the wife and I wondered who was out front on a sled taking a picture of our cottage... you should have come in... we could have gotten the cook to throw something together for us to nibble while the butler poured the wine.

And I thought my Apex was a cold ride; I could not imagine that thing at triple digits on a brisk morning :blink: Perhaps he needs to track down the guy in Keswick with the 2003 600 Doo to try running a really fast sled :rotflmao:

hey, nice pic of the cottage, it is drop dead gorgeous,inside and out.

I put the roof on it , fall of 02.

how many squares did you need,the place it huge,,,,, :right_on::right_on:

What do you have for a sled and what is done to it?

ac cfr 800r...bone stock,,,,added tall windshield,guys with short windshields are getting 120-122,,,,me,I like to be warm.I went to 72 gram cam arms from 67,it was reving to high.I got 117 with the 67's early on,if the ice had been harder and 10 degrees cooler I believe 120 would have been seen on the latest run. right_on.gif

Hahaha..... I stumbled across your post! I'm the DS1000 quad owner.

That was another giggle factor moment for me :-D Thanks for playing along, it was a blast :woot: nice to meet you as well :right_on:

I have to change my sprockets again to use all my rpm so I can get about 125mph out of it. Thanks for the compliments, I hope to do another build soon then all sleds will have to get used to seeing this.....

Gary

post-21850-126792568947.jpg

how many squares did you need,the place it huge,,,,, :right_on::right_on:

That was another giggle factor moment for me :-D Thanks for playing along, it was a blast :woot: nice to meet you as well :right_on:

I have to change my sprockets again to use all my rpm so I can get about 125mph out of it. Thanks for the compliments, I hope to do another build soon then all sleds will have to get used to seeing this.....

Gary

nice unit

Gary

hey Gary welcome aboard,,,,,,,we need to get together,I have a summer project I and F-7 are working on.If I had seen your post before I put the sled away I would have been there,,, :right_on::right_on:

125 mph,,,, :headbang::headbang::rotflmao::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Gary

nice unit

Your starting to sound like STG !!!!!!!!!!!

Now that is a cool quad. :right_on:

I did notice he put an 'Cat' motor in a 'Doo' machine..... the original engine probably blew up... :poke: :rotflmao:

nope,he sold the original,,,, :mrgreen::mrgreen: ,but I do know where you were going with this,,,, :rotflmao:

• 2 weeks later...

nice unit

I'll bet you say that to all the guys.....

Now that is a cool quad. :right_on:

I did notice he put an 'Cat' motor in a 'Doo' machine..... the original engine probably blew up... :poke: :rotflmao:

I got nothin'... :oops:

• 2 months later...

so I was checking out the local real estate/un-real estate and came across this one.It is just down the road from the log one in this thread that I valued at 10 mil,,,,, :whatever::whatever:

this one,

LakeSimcoeHouse1.jpg

is for sale for an even 15 mil,,,,, :-o:-o so that makes the log one worth 20 mil or better,,, :banghead:

http://www.mls.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=9193411

so I was checking out the local real estate/un-real estate and came across this one.It is just down the road from the log one in this thread that I valued at 10 mil,,,,, :whatever: :whatever:

this one,

LakeSimcoeHouse1.jpg

is for sale for an even 15 mil,,,,, :-o :eek: so that makes the log one worth 20 mil or better,,, :banghead:

http://www.mls.ca/pr...pertyId=9193411

I'll take 2! :rotflmao:

hard to believe I live in the same world,,,,,,,most people will make less then 1 mil for a lifetime of work,,,,, :wacko::wacko:

sometimes I find myself wondering,where does all this money come from,,,,,, :wtf::wtf:

Archived