SNOW REPORT 4 DISTRICT 5

i lv 2 snowmobile

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:coffeespit::umno: does it make you feel like a big man insulting the way i spell? u have the wit of a 12 year old child :woot: i bet you look like a 12 year old to go along with the way u insult ppl too! do u snowmobile because your mother didn t love you enough as a child or let u hug her when u needed it?? i personally think that all your insults are completely retarted! i hope to run into some of you ppl on the trails so u can eat my snow after i kick your a$$! have a lovely day! :)....an please show show respect to the 12 year olds of this world ! :D

WE WENT UP AS FAR AS CLINTON N BACK

Normally I'd suggest that you reimburse the poor wheat farmers for all the damage you did, but I think a keyboard with a working cap-locks key would be a better investment. :lol:

I also think a lesson from Monkey spell 2.0 and Monkey grammar 1.2 is in order :lol:

Hookd onn foniks wrkd forr mee!

Now that's funny I don't care who you are! :rotflmao:

geeesh. Do you remember when they used to teach English in school?

Hey junior, you are treading on very serious territory here. You just called out a post full of people that could take your 12 year old bravado, bend it over their knee and whoop that snotty little attitude out of you in seconds. Don't threaten members of the forum. Period.

Grow up, be nice or go away.

PS, learn to use spell check or better yet, learn to spell.

Hey i lv 2 snowmobile ! Welcome to the Forum ! I hope you stay and post more - we could use some more postings and trails reports from your area.

If you do continue posting, and we really hope you do, there are some things in the previous posts from the others you really should consider.

Lose the CAPS man. On a bulletin board or in email, that's akin to yelling - not great.

You'll get dumped on here any time you support or argue in favour of breaking the rules. For instance, the rules of sledding are 'don't go on closed trails'. If you post about running closed trails or argue that it is ok to run closed trails, expect people here to argue back. Hot topic. Just like running without a permit and stuff like that. We enjoy and promote the safe and legal participation in the sport and don't have a lot of patience for those who think otherwise.

Don't get in too much of a twist about your spelling (although it will serve you well in life to get it right) There are people on this board 2, 3, and 4 times your age who (obviously) still can't spell. Nobody will say much about their spelling unless they, too, start posting about running closed trails.

Don't worry about your age. Yeah, most here are a lot older but we've had contributing members that I remember starting at 14. And, some of the older ones act that age too :D If you are contributing within the pretty loose social guidelines we have here, you are welcome no matter your age.

We're a bunch of people here who all love sledding. It's a great place to visit and exchange information on the topic. Technical information on fixing or tuning your sled, weather, Trail conditions and discovering many other aspects of the sport. We're all here because we love going sledding and talking about sledding. Sounds like you love going sledding too. If you want to expand your enjoyment of the sport, stick around here; there's lots of great people who share the same interests.

btw, what's your ride ?

Hey i lv 2 snowmobile ! Welcome to the Forum ! I hope you stay and post more - we could use some more postings and trails reports from your area.

If you do continue posting, and we really hope you do, there are some things in the previous posts from the others you really should consider.

Lose the CAPS man. On a bulletin board or in email, that's akin to yelling - not great.

You'll get dumped on here any time you support or argue in favour of breaking the rules. For instance, the rules of sledding are 'don't go on closed trails'. If you post about running closed trails or argue that it is ok to run closed trails, expect people here to argue back. Hot topic. Just like running without a permit and stuff like that. We enjoy and promote the safe and legal participation in the sport and don't have a lot of patience for those who think otherwise.

Don't get in too much of a twist about your spelling (although it will serve you well in life to get it right) There are people on this board 2, 3, and 4 times your age who (obviously) still can't spell. Nobody will say much about their spelling unless they, too, start posting about running closed trails.

Don't worry about your age. Yeah, most here are a lot older but we've had contributing members that I remember starting at 14. And, some of the older ones act that age too :D If you are contributing within the pretty loose social guidelines we have here, you are welcome no matter your age.

We're a bunch of people here who all love sledding. It's a great place to visit and exchange information on the topic. Technical information on fixing or tuning your sled, weather, Trail conditions and discovering many other aspects of the sport. We're all here because we love going sledding and talking about sledding. Sounds like you love going sledding too. If you want to expand your enjoyment of the sport, stick around here; there's lots of great people who share the same interests.

btw, what's your ride ?

How is it that you manage to insult just about every member of the board and still maintain the gift of elegance in your writing?

You should be a politician :rotflmao:

geeesh. Do you remember when they used to teach English in school?

Hey junior, you are treading on very serious territory here. You just called out a post full of people that could take your 12 year old bravado, bend it over their knee and whoop that snotty little attitude out of you in seconds. Don't threaten members of the forum. Period.

Grow up, be nice or go away.

PS, learn to use spell check or better yet, learn to spell.

BAD SLEDDER BAD

Spanking.gif

Do you even have a permit on your sled i lv 2 snowmobile?

btw, what's your ride ?

How is it that you manage to insult just about every member of the board and still maintain the gift of elegance in your writing?

You should be a politician :rotflmao:

:coffeespit:

Giddy UP yes i do 8-)

There's some good news :D

Agreed Dom. That's why I'm sitting at home right now, not out sledding. But...we go round and round with the same discussion and the same results. Education or enforcement!!!!

Maybe some of those young and eager OPP officers should sit at trail crossings and enforce the Trespass to Property Act!

The trails open/closed/open/closed with no signs posted is getting pretty old. I seen all kinds of people snowmobiling today on the new dundee trails.. Lots of snow everywhere and no groomer yet. These people don't know the trails are open or closed. There's snow and they go out for a ride with the trail pass that they purchased each year.

Does no groomer yet mean the trails are closed? The average snowmobiler cares more about riding and when there is snow they ride.. This issue is has been discussed every year for the last 5 years...

The sad thing is that we haven't had this much snow in years and the groomers aren't out yet... :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Education or enforcement!!!!

It needs to start with education. We've got trails with well over a foot of snow on them. All groomed to perfection. And no trail closed signs to get in the way. But according to the OFSC website, which was updated today, they are closed.

I'm all for the status on the OFSC website to be held as authoritative, but it says right at the bottom of the page that it's not. So I, and everyone else who is out enjoying the trails this evening, are left questioning the accuracy of the report.

If we are going to ramp up enforcement we need to educate individuals how to determine if the trails are closed or not. I know I still can't figure it out after all these years. :(

They are still closed as of this morning. I know the groomers were out yesterday and last night. From what I can tell, the OFSC website is a very GENERAL guide to weather the trails are open or not. Like the one guy said, out last night on perfectly groomed trails yet the website says they are still closed. Why do they even bother with the website?? 90% are going to ride if the conditions allow for it no matter what the website says (me included). Its to hard to drive in the car and see 15 to 20 sleds out on groomed trails and not go out just beacause the website (Which is usually outdated anyway) says "closed. Waiting for more snow" :crazy:

They are still closed as of this morning. I know the groomers were out yesterday and last night. From what I can tell, the OFSC website is a very GENERAL guide to weather the trails are open or not. Like the one guy said, out last night on perfectly groomed trails yet the website says they are still closed. Why do they even bother with the website?? 90% are going to ride if the conditions allow for it no matter what the website says (me included). Its to hard to drive in the car and see 15 to 20 sleds out on groomed trails and not go out just beacause the website (Which is usually outdated anyway) says "closed. Waiting for more snow" :crazy:

Assuming of course that the trail is not signed "Trail Closed" I agree.

They must be waiting for perfect conditions before they start grooming.

Hate to tell them but that will never happen.

:rotflmao:

I would have to agree, why havn't the trails even been worked on since the storm? Between Waterloo and Rockwood I pass 4 trail crossings (not sure if they are in district 5 or 9) and not one of them has seen a groomer! Tons of sleds but no groomer!

Most of my riding in years past and again this year is done in the Buckhorn, Bobcaygeon, fenlon Falls and Apsley areas. These clubs are dedicated! if they have 6 inches of snow you can count on it being groomed as best possible. You may be clanging rocks all day but at least you can ride!

I believe some clubs are stronger than others and that is to be expected of any volunteer organization but how can you honestly expect people to stay off the trails when there is this much snow? Who cares if there are some wet spots or the plowed fields are still a little rough?

BTW the only local trails I have ridded were the Hillsburgh trails, I believe Hillsburgh is a very dedicated club and surprise, surprise they are OPEN again!

I would have to agree, why havn't the trails even been worked on since the storm? Between Waterloo and Rockwood I pass 4 trail crossings (not sure if they are in district 5 or 9) and not one of them has seen a groomer! Tons of sleds but no groomer!

Most of my riding in years past and again this year is done in the Buckhorn, Bobcaygeon, fenlon Falls and Apsley areas. These clubs are dedicated! if they have 6 inches of snow you can count on it being groomed as best possible. You may be clanging rocks all day but at least you can ride!

I believe some clubs are stronger than others and that is to be expected of any volunteer organization but how can you honestly expect people to stay off the trails when there is this much snow? Who cares if there are some wet spots or the plowed fields are still a little rough?

BTW the only local trails I have ridded were the Hillsburgh trails, I believe Hillsburgh is a very dedicated club and surprise, surprise they are OPEN again!

Maybe we should contact the club and offer assistance? They maybe short on volunteers.

Maybe we should contact the club and offer assistance? They maybe short on volunteers.

I agree I have tried to get in contact with some of the clubs but havn't had much luck.... So I'll put it out here. If any club in the Guelph KW area needs help for a few hours this Sunday (busy Sat) or any weekday evening contact me through this site and I will see what I can do.

Matt

So I'll put it out here. If any club in the Guelph KW area needs help for a few hours this Sunday (busy Sat) or any weekday evening contact me through this site and I will see what I can do.

Matt

THANK YOU :!:

Too bad there's no poke runs in the area, the trails would be groomed... In the old days when we had a storm, the groomer would be out during the storm and then after the storm. And guess what, we have great trails...

If your stumped, most of the rest of us have no chance :wtf:

Well, they are open now. I'm not sure what would have changed in the last 12 hours that made them ridable all of a sudden. Presumably a signage issue or something. But at least they are open now.

The problem now is that I got roped into loaning out my sled for the weekend when it was looking like there wasn't going to be any snow here. So I'm still not going to be able to get out for a ride. :argh: Got any more of those Phazers looking for a test rider? :lol:

Archived