Shining Tree Trails update

3 Bears

Evil, the latest OFSC report has TOP C from Capreol to the C206D jct as limited. Does that seem right?

Even the area between Kirkland Lake & Cochrane is now shown as limited. Hopefully we can use our original itinerary. Not keen on just a out & back from Cochrane to Wawa.

P.S.: As usual great pics.

I'd say that's probably right. Only for the fact that he odd rock is stickng out in places I'm guessing. I'd do this ride stain tomorrow if I could. Overall a great ride!

I would want a job like yours and be able to ride mid week like that. Thanks for rubbing it in.......I'm jealous :right_on:

Heading up to your place tomorrow for lunch! See you then!

Evil

Great to meet you. let me know how the newer new trail was

KELL

Hey Kell,

The newer trail was better than the logging road! :headbang:

:-P

We made good time making it back...............200 mile day, most of the trails were awesome!

Evil

the groomer is out on the trail you took home right now....i will let you know how it is when he gets back tonight.

KELL

Any word on what is going on up in Gogama? The OFSC report has them as closed.

Evil, the latest OFSC report has TOP C from Capreol to the C206D jct as limited. Does that seem right?

Even the area between Kirkland Lake & Cochrane is now shown as limited. Hopefully we can use our original itinerary. Not keen on just a out & back from Cochrane to Wawa.

P.S.: As usual great pics.

I'd say that's probably right. Only for the fact that he odd rock is stickng out in places I'm guessing. I'd do this ride stain tomorrow if I could. Overall a great ride!

I would want a job like yours and be able to ride mid week like that. Thanks for rubbing it in.......I'm jealous :right_on:

Ya but while you guys were riding last weekend, I was working 12 hour shifts.........no time to get out to ride... I think we're even! :-D

Any word on what is going on up in Gogama? The OFSC report has them as closed.

i talked to pat at minakwa yestarday....he is grooming and all is signed. he is having a problem with getting the groomer around a small part of the trail. however we have had guys come through and guys going throught this weekend to timmins. they say it is a nice ride even though they had to break trail for 20 km. but they said it is do able

140 kilo 'Thingies"",,,No Gas between/??? Hmmmm,, Is that possbile for us, not sure how far my APex will go as I just got it and have no miles to speak of on it yet. If we fill up at Sportsmans will it get us there.

I see on a 2008 map there is a "C" trail and a "C 206D" trail heading up to Shinning Tree. 2009 map show "C" trail only and located on the old "C206D" Has this changed any? How would the conditions at a guess be on a Monday heading up that direction, thining on leaving Field in the morning and heading up the shinning tree trail. Looks about 200kms, so I think if conditions are not too bad that should be no problem>>??

140 kilo 'Thingies"",,,No Gas between/??? Hmmmm,, Is that possbile for us, not sure how far my APex will go as I just got it and have no miles to speak of on it yet. If we fill up at Sportsmans will it get us there.

On an Apex? Yup, with gas to spare.

We have done for the past 3 years. No trouble with the Apex.

we have opened 6 km of the old c trail south of shining tree. have made 2 passes on it. it is still alittle rough but better than 8 km of the plowed logging road.

c trail from shining tree to north of gogama to tata chata pika lodge is excellent. from there to the hydro line is also great. hydro line is passable but alitttle rough due to the lack of snow. all in all the guys said a super ride.

KELL :-D

Hey all,

When do they normally groom from Shining Tree to Caproel, thinking of doing the run midweek.

Thanks

Our groomer went out on the weekend towards Sudbury and we are now waiting for more snow. You would have to contact the club there to ask about Capreol trail.

Kell

Hey all,

When do they normally groom from Shining Tree to Caproel, thinking of doing the run midweek.

Thanks

Our groomer went out on the weekend towards Sudbury and we are now waiting for more snow. You would have to contact the club there to ask about Capreol trail.

Kell

thanks

A group of us are planning to drop at Sudbury this weekend and head up to the Abitibi Canyon. We had planned on riding from Sudbury to Capreol, to Shinning Tree, to Gogama for the night and on to Timmins in the morning.

Sounds like from what I am reading, Sudbury to Shining Tree is thin but not bad.

How are the conditions on C trail from Shinning Tree to Timmins?

The OFSC site has Gogama listed as being closed! :wtf: is there a problem in this area?

Any information will be appreciated. :right_on:

Hey all,

Thanks

I'm not sure if they always groom the same day every week but we met the Sudbury groomed on Wednesday last week.

Evil

A group of us are planning to drop at Sudbury this weekend and head up to the Abitibi Canyon. We had planned on riding from Sudbury to Capreol, to Shinning Tree, to Gogama for the night and on to Timmins in the morning.

Sounds like from what I am reading, Sudbury to Shining Tree is thin but not bad.

How are the conditions on C trail from Shinning Tree to Timmins?

The OFSC site has Gogama listed as being closed! :wtf: is there a problem in this area?

Any information will be appreciated. :right_on:

the trail from shining tree to timmins.....all our groups this weekend said that it was a great run other than the pole line in gogama is a little thin but for what pat at minawkwa lodge had to work with for snow on that line, it is a nice run. we have had quite a few goups in for lunch or overnight and all said the same thing about gogama. the boya who juat lest here after supper said the run from sudbury was great. to leave our place there is a great re route all except a small portage after the lake bypass.

if you need anymore infor let me know.

KELL

Thanks Kell :right_on:

just a note to let everyone know that the c trail south wil be groomed by tommorow night. our groomer left tonight to start it and will be done by tommorow night.

the trails will be great to come and watch jimmie 48 race his daytona start to another great year!!! lol

KELL

:D Good Morning Everyone!!!!!!!

Just to let you all know it is snowing and life is GREAT in Shining Tree.

The logging company doing Grassy Road called to say they are all done. We groomed to Gogama last night and are doing the L143 tonight.All signs will be moved off our re-route to Timmins and moved to Grassy. The C south was groomed 2 nights ago. And SOUPS on for Shining Tree..

Kell

Sounding better all the time. Be there late afternoon on Sunday. Grassy being open will help us in Hearst on Monday.

Sounding better all the time. Be there late afternoon on Sunday. Grassy being open will help us in Hearst on Monday.

sorry...groomer came back and said there is not quite enough snow to groom it yet. waiting until mon night as we are supposed to get 8 cm. brandon says if he were you he would go through gogama.

KELLY

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone....

just to let you know we had a few flurries this morning and the temp is -6 degrees. grassy and the l143 were groomed saturday night. matachewan and mattagami were groomed 2 days ago and the c south was groomed last night. the groomer had hydraulic problems and is moved to the side of the trail about 3 miles from our camp. the parts will be here today and it will be fixed and out of there tonight. no problem getting around it though.

happy trails this weekend. :love:

KELL

hi everyone....

just to let you know we had a few flurries this morning and the temp is -6 degrees. grassy and the l143 were groomed saturday night. matachewan and mattagami were groomed 2 days ago and the c south was groomed last night. the groomer had hydraulic problems and is moved to the side of the trail about 3 miles from our camp. the parts will be here today and it will be fixed and out of there tonight. no problem getting around it though.

happy trails this weekend. . :love:

KELL

thanks for the update Kell. See u tomorrow on our way through to Timmins.

Archived