Shining Tree Trails update

3 Bears

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have re-routed through a series of lakes and portages to connect the C Trail South to the C Trail North. All are staked, signed and SAFE!!!! Lake portages are a LITTLE rough until we het more snow. Take your time on the portages..they are very short. We rerouted Timmins trail and it goes to Gogama and is dialed in. There is still a small issue with Gogama :banghead: a part is not groomed yet. We had a group here on Friday night that went to Timmins via the re-route and I had them call me when they arrived in Timmins. They called and said the first 40 km were the best trail they have ridden, had to break trail for 30 km in Gogama..but it was a good ride. Still waiting to hear from Minakwa Ladge on when they are finishing. We are checking today on Metagami Rd to Matachewan and the L143 to Timmins. Will keep you posted.

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have re-routed through a series of lakes and portages to connect the C Trail South to the C Trail North. All are staked, signed and SAFE!!!! Lake portages are a LITTLE rough until we het more snow. Take your time on the portages..they are very short. We rerouted Timmins trail and it goes to Gogama and is dialed in. There is still a small issue with Gogama :banghead: a part is not groomed yet. We had a group here on Friday night that went to Timmins via the re-route and I had them call me when they arrived in Timmins. They called and said the first 40 km were the best trail they have ridden, had to break trail for 30 km in Gogama..but it was a good ride. Still waiting to hear from Minakwa Ladge on when they are finishing. We are checking today on Metagami Rd to Matachewan and the L143 to Timmins. Will keep you posted.

Welcome to OC, will be good to get updates from you on here!

Evil

Welcome to OC, will be good to get updates from you on here!

Evil

Absolutely ! Welcome to OC ! It's great to see you on the board; have always enjoyed our visits to the Bear's Den whether overnight or just for lunch. Will look forward to seeing your trail updates too !

Welcome to OC. It's good to have you here. We were at your place a couple of weekends ago, enjoyed every minute. The riding was okay, wish we had know about the logging on our trip in, but the lake trail on the way out wasn't too bad. Junior made it home safely with an extra $300 in his pocket. Hope to come by again this season. Keep posting condition updates.

Yep, we've stayed there and eat'en in there a couple times on our way through. Very cool spot and happy your here. Just went through the area last weekend and hope to get back there in a month. keep us posted.

3 Bears, I was watching for you to sign up after our phone conversation on Monday. Welcome to OC.

Look at that group! I almost feel like I was there. What a crew, you never know where you'll find one of their bible study sessions in progress.

Look at that group! I almost feel like I was there. What a crew, you never know where you'll find one of their bible study sessions in progress.

Well, you certainly were, at least in Spirits. You bought the first round of communion. ;-)

Heading up to your place tomorrow for lunch! See you then!

Evil

Evil

Great to meet you. let me know how the newer new trail was

KELL

Evil

Great to meet you. let me know how the newer new trail was

KELL

Hey Kell,

The newer trail was better than the logging road! :headbang:

:-P

We made good time making it back...............200 mile day, most of the trails were awesome!

Evil

We left from Capreol today, the trails were freshley groomed in most places. Had some problems with one of the E-Tecs that was riding with us, so I went on ahead, alone. I apparently didn't follow the right detour to Shining Tree so I ended up on the logging road for 5km or so. That was brutal!

On the way back, we took the Old C Trail (you cross the highway, then hang a left when you leave Three Bears!) This was a little rough, but way better than running the logging road. We met up with the groomer on the way there and the way back! Lucky us! :right_on:

Lake Wanupatie is now staked in every direction, this is good news. We took 78 then 71 to Rockys' before heading back to the truck in Capreol.

Here's some pics of the trails from today's ride.

Thumbs up to the groomers in both areas! :right_on:

IMG00887.jpg

IMG00888.jpg

SWEET!!!!!

IMG00891.jpg

IMG00892.jpg

IMG00897.jpg

IMG00898.jpg

IMG00899.jpg

IMG00886.jpg

The New 800 E-Tec.............good thing I bought a new sled this year, this would have been my pic of a new sled. This thing rocks..........doesn't miss a beat and picks up the skis at 70 mph! :shock::woot:

IMG00894.jpg

IMG00890.jpg

Did you do this trip in one day, how many miles and hours aPprx. Thinking on trailering up to somewhere and going for a couple days. Could we leave from River Valley or is it not that great there.

Did you do this trip in one day, how many miles and hours aPprx. Thinking on trailering up to somewhere and going for a couple days. Could we leave from River Valley or is it not that great there.

Yes, we did this trip today, we left this morning from Capreol at about 10 am. One of the sleds had issues, so we got behind a bit. We had lunch at 3 Bears (awesome!), then headed back to Wanupatie Lake, then Capreol.

Yes, you could leave from River Valley, the trails from there are awesome. The railbed is fast!!

Great. Thanks. Wasn't sure of the snow cover from Field on railbed. Do you remember how many miles from Lake WPTE. To shinning tree??

Evil, the latest OFSC report has TOP C from Capreol to the C206D jct as limited. Does that seem right?

Even the area between Kirkland Lake & Cochrane is now shown as limited. Hopefully we can use our original itinerary. Not keen on just a out & back from Cochrane to Wawa.

P.S.: As usual great pics.

Great. Thanks. Wasn't sure of the snow cover from Field on railbed. Do you remember how many miles from Lake WPTE. To shinning tree??

This is just a guess but I'm going to say probably around 90 miles.

Evil, the latest OFSC report has TOP C from Capreol to the C206D jct as limited. Does that seem right?

Even the area between Kirkland Lake & Cochrane is now shown as limited. Hopefully we can use our original itinerary. Not keen on just a out & back from Cochrane to Wawa.

P.S.: As usual great pics.

I'd say that's probably right. Only for the fact that he odd rock is stickng out in places I'm guessing. I'd do this ride again tomorrow if I could. Overall a great ride!

Archived