home from dubreuilville, GREAT TRIP!!! LOOK WHAT WE FOUND

skidooboy

want to thank EVERYONE in dub and wawa for helping us have another great trip. from gord and russ jones, renting a sled to sharon and matt. to luc and big reg for giving us the local updates, and pointing us in the right direction for snow. by the way luc looks great after the surgery. he has lost 85 pounds in the last year, and it shows. keep it up buddy!!! and we cant forget the AWESOME HOSPITALITY at chez gaston. this is a great community that makes you feel at home. and great area to day ride, with great people to help you have fun.

got to meet jeff and his brother jim (jcerget). sorry we werent ready to head out to the 100 mile loop for a ride.

we had a bunch of laughs, lots of great riding even with the lower snow conditions. lots of good food and good friends. here is a link for the pics (just a few).

Great pics Ski!

Lookalike a great time!

Evil

that's cool, love the pants man :right_on:

Ski' did you take them home w/ you? If yes, any issues @ the border?

We've found deer racks on our woodlot, but no moose yet. They are there as we've seen the tracks when sledding thru it & during the deer hunt my buddy had a cow & 2 calves walk past him. Last winter my bro' (30cal4me) & my nephew were riding on the Crown Land behind our property & saw the arse end of 2 moose heading deeper into the bush. He couldn't tell what they were.

Our our trips up north I've seen solo moose near Coniston & east of Hearst.

I brought one home a few yrs ago.

It never occured to me to "claim" it.

You gotta be kid'n me? ReallY? :wtf:

Course I brought home mud, snow, and salt before w/o claiming it too. Am I a smuggler?

I usually claim my broken parts tho. :whatever:

There are some regs about game "parts". See pages 27 & 28. Looks like if you have a single set per person, you're OK.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/239841.pdf

we didnt claim them. but after reading that, it looks like you must get an export permit at the cost of 35.00 for a non resident to "export" the antlers to the u.s from canada. and then the note you saw about getting one set per person would apply. i never even thought of it. figured it was a "find" like a special stone, rock, sea shell, ect....

it is not like we find them every trip. usually once a yea,r or one every other. never 4 in one day. ski

Don't know if I'm more jealous that you rode around dville or found 4 drops. The two I found in the area are displayed very promanetly in my house. I have a few guesses where you were when you found them, but I wont tell.... ;)

hi mileage, i am not a big rider forward fan and couldnt stand being on the nytros. i truely believe for me, the 2008 fx nytros (mtx and short tracks) were the worst chassis and suspension combo yamaha ever put out. after spending way too much money on them to try to make them better and never getting comfortable, i said enough is enough. i thought about going back to doo for the xp summits but, the 600 etech is alittle too underpowered for outwest and the riding we do here. and the 800 motor has too many issues i dont want to deal with long term.

that left polaris and the m cats. the polaris were priced alot nicer but, i didnt like the fit and finish. the more i read the more i liked what i read about the kittys. so we made the jump. other than a dealer induced glitch that was taken care of, i have little regrets at this time for buying the cats. ski

hi mileage, i am not a big rider forward fan and couldnt stand being on the nytros. i truely believe for me, the 2008 fx nytros (mtx and short tracks) were the worst chassis and suspension combo yamaha ever put out. after spending way too much money on them to try to make them better and never getting comfortable, i said enough is enough. i thought about going back to doo for the xp summits but, the 600 etech is alittle too underpowered for outwest and the riding we do here. and the 800 motor has too many issues i dont want to deal with long term.

that left polaris and the m cats. the polaris were priced alot nicer but, i didnt like the fit and finish. the more i read the more i liked what i read about the kittys. so we made the jump. other than a dealer induced glitch that was taken care of, i have little regrets at this time for buying the cats. ski

Thanks ski,I like to here from people like you who tell it like it is and have tried different things!I have a buddy in Newfoundland that rides cats and has very few problems and a dealer who gives him warranty forever :lol:

Did you look at the 800HCR at all??

Funny I was thinking about the different riding positions as well . In my job I drive them all and I do see benifits to all brands and indeed seating positions . As far as the reliabilities they are all getting great the biggest dissapointment that I have is how long it takes sometimes to get Polaris parts up to a week and a half sometimes (not a dealer issue I use a good dealer) As to reliability of the often abused cats we use them on our rentals and have much better luck than the doos that we used to have as well they seem to survive a wreck better . One of our rentals actually has over 18000. miles on it .

That is awesome Ski, we had a great time in the Wawa/D-ville area. The trails were absolutely beautiful (considering the conditions and snow depth). I need to get a photo bucket account to post up some pics/videos. My brother Jim was the lucky one to find a rack, it was a great time. Nice seeing you again Reg.

Man 4 racks,blows my one away,but still excitied to find one.

Archived