How are the Gravenhurst/Bracebridge trails?

lakejoe

Thinking about launching from the Residence Inn in Gravenhurst... can anyone comment on the trail conditions with this mild weather?

Thanks!

I rode 300 Ks yesterday around the Muskokas and everyone had groomed and the trails were awsome , but buy 8 last night they were starting to break up ,not a lot of grooming went on last night so today I think the trails would be soft and bumpy , not a lot of cold temps coming either :curse:

Thanks guys!

We rode up from South of Gravenhurst to Port Sydney the down to Baysville and back by 44 & D and overall, it was better than expected. yes, trails are soft, yes some mud is starting to show, yes there are bad sections of D102B/D103B due to logging and logging and lack of grooming (due to swamps) on 44 but almost 200K for the day so it is all good.

Did you cross Mary Lake ?

Did you cross Mary Lake ?

He sure did....

Countless tracks across, none ending in the water. Seems solid.

Saturday morning took B south from Kahshe to check out the Orillia trails on the east side of Cooch. We need more snow !

Saturday afternoon took Snowcrest 4 south to SevernBridge and 15 north to Gravenhurst, back south on D to Kahshe. 4 was in better than expected shape. 15 was remarkably good considering the traffic and mild weather and D south was better than expected as well.

Saw the groomer on D last night around 7 pm heading south from Gravenhurst. The club's doing what it can to keep things going. Hopefully the snow predicted for today and tomorrow comes true.

Saturday morning took B south from Kahshe to check out the Orillia trails on the east side of Cooch. We need more snow !

Saturday afternoon took Snowcrest 4 south to SevernBridge and 15 north to Gravenhurst, back south on D to Kahshe. 4 was in better than expected shape. 15 was remarkably good considering the traffic and mild weather and D south was better than expected as well.

Saw the groomer on D last night around 7 pm heading south from Gravenhurst. The club's doing what it can to keep things going. Hopefully the snow predicted for today and tomorrow comes true.

Putz.... :roll:

:wtf::?:confused::?:wtf:

That's what you SAID you were doing on Saturday? :wtf:

That's what you SAID you were doing on Saturday? :wtf:

Yes, that is what I did on Saturday. Ergo, the post, reporting what I did on Saturday. Saturday morning, B; Saturday afternoon 4, 15, D.

Seems clear. What's your confusion ?

:confused::?:confused::wtf:

What's your confusion ?

YOU! :poke:

What's your confusion ?

Maybe words of one syllable woudl be easier for you. Or pictures ? :P :P

Sat. went south. B trail.

need snow

Sat. went south 4 trail.

Sat. went north 15 trail.

Sat. went east c101d trail.

Sat. went south D trail.

not bad.

maybe subtitles would be better.

or sign language.

I've got a sign for you . :lol: :P :poke: :P

What's your confusion ?

need snow

Sat. went south 4 trail.

Sat. went south D trail.

not bad.

or sign language.

PUTZ! :P

What's your confusion ?

He's been on my A$$ lately too, is he on the Banana free diet again or what?

I think a phone call is in order sir.... :arsehole:

What's your confusion ?

need snow

Sat. went south 4 trail.

Sat. went south D trail.

not bad.

or sign language.

Putz ?

At least the trails I travelled were officially open and the lakes I crossed were staked. :P :poke: :P :poke: :P

What's your confusion ?

need snow

Sat. went south 4 trail.

Sat. went south D trail.

not bad.

or sign language.

Putz ?

At least the trails I travelled were officially open and the lakes I crossed were staked. :P :poke: :P :poke: :P

We never traveled a trail that was signed "closed" in the direction we traveled.... :D

What's your confusion ?

need snow

Sat. went south 4 trail.

Sat. went south D trail.

not bad.

or sign language.

Putz ?

We never traveled a trail that was signed "closed" in the direction we traveled.... :D

I rest my case. 8-)

What's your confusion ?

need snow

Sat. went south 4 trail.

Sat. went south D trail.

not bad.

or sign language.

Putz ?

I rest my case. 8-)

The locals he was talking to were leaning against the closed sign and obscuring it! 8-) :itwasuts:

I'm new to the forum and just got back into snowmobiling after 6 years off... so are you guys just joking around?

Not sure I see how we got off topic, but I stayed home last weekend to save the melting trails from one more track, so I'm hoping to head up there this weekend.

Thanks to everyone who commented on the trail conditions!

I'm new to the forum and just got back into snowmobiling after 6 years off... so are you guys just joking around?

Not sure I see how we got off topic, but I stayed home last weekend to save the melting trails from one more track, so I'm hoping to head up there this weekend.

Thanks to everyone who commented on the trail conditions!

Sorry for the confusion. There is a lot of banter on here and many references to previous posts in jest. You will find a lot of good information on this site, but sometimes you need to take the comments with a rather large grain of salt :o

Unfortunately,Im probably not going to make many friends with this post,but here goes.I am on this website almost every single day,including the middle of July.It can be the most informative website in the world about snowmobiling in Ontario.However, it seems some people insist in turning every single topic into a personal ball busting session.Not just a few here or there but every single one.Im all for busting balls,but is it really neccesary in a "how are the Gravenhurst/Bracebridge trails" thread? This has been bugging me for awhile,and never really said much,but this seems the time.I am from the states and really do appreciate the effort our friends from the north put into their trails,but Id really rather not read a thousand quotes about nothing when looking for trail reports.I hope I dont come off as a dick and get the "if you dont like it go away" but its constructive critisism.

Unfortunately,Im probably not going to make many friends with this post,but here goes.I am on this website almost every single day,including the middle of July.It can be the most informative website in the world about snowmobiling in Ontario.However, it seems some people insist in turning every single topic into a personal ball busting session.Not just a few here or there but every single one.Im all for busting balls,but is it really neccesary in a "how are the Gravenhurst/Bracebridge trails" thread? This has been bugging me for awhile,and never really said much,but this seems the time.I am from the states and really do appreciate the effort our friends from the north put into their trails,but Id really rather not read a thousand quotes about nothing when looking for trail reports.I hope I dont come off as a dick and get the "if you dont like it go away" but its constructive critisism.

I wouldnt worry about being a dick, there are a few around here anyway.

Just start a new thread and post serious in the title and it will be treated that way.

The OC is a different place and is usually treated as a place amongst friends versus a real serious forum. Although if real information is needed this is the best place to come.

Enjoy

Archived