Gloves, who's do you use?

Doonut

I needed new gloves near the end of last season because my trusty old SkiDoo leather ones just plain wore out after 5 seasons. I have since purchased 3 pairs, all with removable liners for drying but haven't been impressed by any of them.

Arctiva (cold period end of description) $70.00

New Doo, palm already coming apart( quality sucks) $85.00

Cold Wave, so darn slippery and stiff its hard to hang onto the bars in corners. $60.00

So, what ya got and are ya happy with them?

I needed new gloves near the end of last season because my trusty old SkiDoo leather ones just plain wore out after 5 seasons. I have since purchased 3 pairs, all with removable liners for drying but haven't been impressed by any of them.

Cold Wave, so darn slippery and stiff its hard to hang onto the bars in corners. $60.00

I use Reima, I love them, but not sure you can get them anymore. Probably Scott now!

I try and use my moto-x gloves and ski-doo racing muffs but if not then I use normal Ski-doo gloves (not leather too restrictive) and they have lasted almost 5 years now. They are light and warm!

I have leather SKi-doo ones and I hate them. Way too much glove!

I use Reima, I love them, but not sure you can get them anymore. Probably Scott now!

Love my Reima gloves, too. Very warm and comfortable. I think they're available at Royal.

Tek vest sells gloves at the show.

Thin leather, no lining. Use heater on handgrip for heat. Keep one pair of lined gloves in storage box, for emergency.

Check out the Tek vest gloves at the show next year.

I have two sets, one Reima leather, they are great, sometimes too warm. I also have a set of SkiDoo gloves with the neoprene. They are nice as they are thinner and will doo most of the time, but when there is a good chill on, then they are not enough.

I've got a pair of the 3 in 1 royal distributing gloves & have had them for 6 winters now & can't complain one bit, its very rare that I need to put the liner in these gloves, I usually just ride with the outer shell on and the bar warmers on low & it does the trick.

Although it appears royal doesn't have them anymore, thats ashame

I have an old pair of ski-doo mitts that I've used for 12 seasons now. :shock: They're full of holes now, but they still do the job.

friggin kids. too young and dumb to know when their hands are cold :poke: :rotflmao:

friggin kids. too young and dumb to know when their hands are cold :poke: :rotflmao:

They are surprisingly warm, actually. Also, I want to make sure I get good use out of my hand and thumb warmers. ;)

I always think I'll pick up a new pair, but then it never snows so I don't bother. Maybe we'll actually get a winter worthy of a new gloves some day. :)

I went the cheapy route one day ,after losing a yamaha glove and picked up combi gloves from canadian tire, they have the wicking liner attached to the main glove so you cant lose it by a string and you know that was the best 40 bux i ever spent had them for 3 seasons now there warm (which you need with yammy hand warmers) but your hands do sweat a bit but i have no problems with slipping or anything, i would buy another pair no problem,

They are surprisingly warm, actually. Also, I want to make sure I get good use out of my hand and thumb warmers. ;)

I always think I'll pick up a new pair, but then it never snows so I don't bother. Maybe we'll actually get a winter worthy of a new gloves some day. :)

or buy a trailer :shock:

Joe Rocket Thinsulate sportbike gloves. Fit like a second skin, balistic armour and are really warm. For warm weather riding - FXR Snowcross unlined gloves, more like motocross gloves, great for hanging on in those suprise Holy F#$k situations!

:shock::rockon:

I have a pair of Reima got them from Royal great gloves best Ive ever had.

Man, I feel cheap!

I bought a pair of Polar Paws from Princess Auto about 4 years ago. They are a 3-in-1 glove and I am happy with them. I don't know if they still have them but I bought a second pair a couple of years ago as a spare. They were under $30.

another vote for reima gortex...not too warm, stay dry, and great grip

my buddy bought the leather reimas and wished he bought the gortex...the leather gets wet and stays wet, and is too warm.

I have an old pair of ski-doo mitts that I've used for 12 seasons now. :shock: They're full of holes now, but they still do the job.

Same here

my Ganka duevet down mitts are 13yrs old($80 at the time) and I still wear them once in awhile,the throttle hand palm is shot.

If not wearing mitts I like Mechanix type gloves with muffs(gauntlets)

201_a275bd17a186e71cf4d257dd7af4684d

201_91bf6ba1eb4083d381dfaf5c5c5aa05a

201_9b396f11f08b0f3a068477fddcb29778

Archived