Toronto Star on Sledding

SlowTouringGuy

Today's Star, Travel Section, finds a positive piece on Snowmobiling. Touting Deerhurst as the destination, we finally find an article in the Star that speaks to some of the attractions we appreciate in the Sport we all enjoy.

It would be nice to think that more 'positive spin' articles on the sport might help at least change the 'tone' of the bad news ones that hit the front page.

I have not read the article, yet... It does appear that there is some advertising dollars being spent somewhere though. It is really hard to get any kind of "free" coverage. I wonder what (or even who's) budget these funds are coming from?

The G8 is a great thing for Muskoka, and this may be just another example of that.

Hopefully Deerhurst finds the interest to continue helping out with the local economy of Muskoka. Too bad alot of thier income heads out of town...

S

PS. Any positive press about sledding is awsome!

Off to find the article....

Wonderful article.

Loved this large font quote - ' Sledders can park their machines and eat in the ground-floor pub without peeling off their gear'.

I picture Lep sipping beer through a straw with his hemet on :lol:

Wonderful article.

Loved this large font quote - ' Sledders can park their machines and eat in the ground-floor pub without peeling off their gear'.

It's just a matter of time until we see a helmet like the ball caps they had... the ones with the two cans of beer, one strapped to each side and the two flexible straws coming down. At least in the winter the beer wouldn't get warm strapped to the helmet.

...we stayed at Deerhurst over the weekend and they were great with a few issues.

Ahhh!...so THAT explains all of the helicopter activity in the area this weekend! :poke: :P

Ontario Tourism is Partnered with the OFSC , the funding is likely coming from them.

We need more feel good stories to help promote our awesome sport.

Most of the mad news comes from lake accidents and alcohol related , statistically not on OFSC trails.

Anyways glad to hear of a positive for a change.

Buy the way the Huntsville forestor and its related media family are always looking for a snowmobile story so if you have any you club guys should give them a call.

Buy the way the Huntsville forestor and its related media family are always looking for a snowmobile story so if you have any you club guys should give them a call.

Consider sending in some pictures from the trail work. We've seen some wonderful images. Or, consider getting a reporter out to one of the weekend work parties. I called one in Midland for a boat event, and they sent a 'cub scout' - resulted in a 1/4 page article.

As Yukon mentioned, they are always looking for news stories.

Consider sending in some pictures from the trail work. We've seen some wonderful images. Or, consider getting a reporter out to one of the weekend work parties. I called one in Midland for a boat event, and they sent a 'cub scout' - resulted in a 1/4 page article.

I have done this in the past, and it has worked. I have been able to get Du Ya Wanna on CTV simply by offering a free ride into the bush. Really all I did was take the Skandic up the trail with a reporter, then anther trip with a cameraman and his gear... Not that far, as you all know it can "look" like you are way back in the woods only a couple hundred feet from the shed.

The "return" favour was of course a bad news story in the spring... Of course it is depressing to see sledding die off in the spring, the press is still a way of bringing awareness to snowmobiling.

Now that I have more available time on my hands I think I will take another crack at it!

S

Just about any and all media will take up an invite if offered .... local or national.

I've set up a mailing list of media contacts that I e-mail every time we do something as a club, trail work or event, works like a charm, pretty rare we don't have someone come out to take pic's and do a little write up ....

Here's link to a clip from STV when they covered our media ride day last year, a few hours is all it took for me to set up, and with the help of a few club members and club dealer sponsors it went off spectacular. Present ... Can West Global, City TV, Rogers Cable, STV, Supertrax, 4 local papers and the Toronto Sun and Star ..... along with a hand full local political figures.

A few articles circulated through Metro Land Media

http://www.newsdurhamregion.com/article/117561

http://www.newsdurhamregion.com/article/136206

Make a contact list folks, good exposure is only a couple of the mouse clicks away. Also check with your local paper, we've been doing a local by weekly column for a few years now, starting right after the annual OFSC AGM, each club exec writes a 300 word article pertaining to there respective position, great way to stay in touch with the local community. Toot your horns folks ... and get the word out. :woot::woot:

Another couple neat media clips ...

http://www.featuresdurhamregion.com/sli ... wmobiling/

If you have the contact for Midland Canuck I say set it up.

You know where we will be. Also doing Port Severn to Coldwater the following weekend.

Wonderful article.

Canuck you dam well right on that one...first time I payed the Deerhurst a visit the god dam computer cut me off I was only in the place about 1/2 hr didn't even have time to get the brain bucket of :wavey:

Just about any and all media will take up an invite if offered .... local or national.

I've set up a mailing list of media contacts that I e-mail every time we do something as a club, trail work or event, works like a charm, pretty rare we don't have someone come out to take pic's and do a little write up ....

Here's link to a clip from STV when they covered our media ride day last year, a few hours is all it took for me to set up, and with the help of a few club members and club dealer sponsors it went off spectacular. Present ... Can West Global, City TV, Rogers Cable, STV, Supertrax, 4 local papers and the Toronto Sun and Star ..... along with a hand full local political figures.

A few articles circulated through Metro Land Media

http://www.newsdurhamregion.com/article/117561

http://www.newsdurhamregion.com/article/136206

Make a contact list folks, good exposure is only a couple of the mouse clicks away. Also check with your local paper, we've been doing a local by weekly column for a few years now, starting right after the annual OFSC AGM, each club exec writes a 300 word article pertaining to there respective position, great way to stay in touch with the local community. Toot your horns folks ... and get the word out. :woot::woot:

Another couple neat media clips ...

http://www.featuresdurhamregion.com/sli ... wmobiling/

The news story

17 districts in southern ontario :poke: , oh well great idea and very progressive that PPSC is ;) NIce to put a voice to TVBrian without the makeup :wavey:

Archived