Death Penalty

Faceman

What a horror. For the family, for the little girl, her brother and all related.

Now the circus will begin. I don't doubt the accused will lay the blame on their upbringing, their environment, their schools, their parents and whatever else they can grab on to.

It is more than difficult to hold any compassion for the two of them. Or Christian teachings of forgiveness. Rather, it is much more tempting to revert to the Old Testament if they are convicted.

I believe that a Life sentence should be just that. A sentence for Life. But not for crimes like this. I would rather not send my tax dollars to Corrections Canada in order to house, feed and support these two barbarians for the balance of their (un)natural lives. At the same time, I think that hanging from the neck until dead, the electric chair and/or lethal injection is too humane.

Let them be released to, and left unprotected from, the general population of the prison. Instead of graphically describing the outcome of doing that I will leave it to your imagination. If you are a member of the general population, your imagination is unable to conjure up the horrors those two will endure. Their demise will be tortuous and conclusive. And I have difficulty today sympathizing with that outcome.

This type of news story really makes me re-think the death penalty..

http://www.radioowensound.com/news_item ... wsID=13466 :angry::angry::angry:

I got knots in my stomach when the fate of Tori was released on the 4:00 news. I really hoped she was in Alberta at her uncles or something like that. Very, very sad.

as for the death penalty, I believe in a life for a life......its the only proper way to do it.

What a horror. For the family, for the little girl, her brother and all related.

Now the circus will begin. I don't doubt the accused will lay the blame on their upbringing, their environment, their schools, their parents and whatever else they can grab on to.

It is more than difficult to hold any compassion for the two of them. Or Christian teachings of forgiveness. Rather, it is much more tempting to revert to the Old Testament if they are convicted.

I believe that a Life sentence should be just that. A sentence for Life. But not for crimes like this. I would rather not send my tax dollars to Corrections Canada in order to house, feed and support these two barbarians for the balance of their (un)natural lives. At the same time, I think that hanging from the neck until dead, the electric chair and/or lethal injection is too humane.

Let them be released to, and left unprotected from, the general population of the prison. Instead of graphically describing the outcome of doing that I will leave it to your imagination. If you are a member of the general population, your imagination is unable to conjure up the horrors those two will endure. Their demise will be tortuous and conclusive. And I have difficulty today sympathizing with that outcome.

well mouse you and i wouldnt see eye to eye on the death penalty ...cause i think torture as a tool a very slow painful death to the killers of children would be in order

well mouse you and i wouldnt see eye to eye on the death penalty ...cause i think torture as a tool a very slow painful death to the killers of children would be in order

I'm not so sure we disagree. Read what I posted again.

At the same time, I think that hanging from the neck until dead, the electric chair and/or lethal injection is too humane.

Let them be released to, and left unprotected from, the general population of the prison. Their demise will be tortuous and conclusive. And I have difficulty today sympathizing with that outcome.

Someone should start a poll. I'm leaning towards the "release in general population. The positives and negatives of that form is: no one will or does see anything!

Someone should start a poll. I'm leaning towards the "release in general population. The positives and negatives of that form is: no one will or does see anything!

The other inmates can take care of this. A few weeks of shower and bunk time servitude, broomsticks in both of them, and Bubba, and a couple of shanks. And put lots of Video in there. A new reality series in the making !

I agree with others remarks about bringing back the death penalty. When a deviate kills a child he also brings pain and suffering to all society not to mention the parents and the entire family structure. We have been too lax for far too long . We have listened to all the bleeding heart do gooders who think that all criminals can be rehabilitated and worry about their "rights". We are at a stage now where know one is punished for their crimes against society.It is time to turn this around and go back to crime and PUNISHMENT. No crime should go unpunished and the death penalty should be enforced for the taking of a life, especially when it is a child.Karla Homolka is free to live her life after helping kill innocent girls , one was a friend of mine , even her own sister for godsake! When are we as a society going to right this wrong and start punishing those who commit crimes against us.

I think we need a new prison facility for major crimes somewhere in the middle of the Arctic.

As long as no heat or any utilities are provided in the cell blocks.........maybe we can get a polar bear to wander around inside as well!!!!!

I'm not so sure we disagree. Read what I posted again.

At the same time, I think that hanging from the neck until dead, the electric chair and/or lethal injection is too humane.

Let them be released to, and left unprotected from, the general population of the prison. Their demise will be tortuous and conclusive. And I have difficulty today sympathizing with that outcome.

sorry mouse i cant read :mrgreen:

I think we need a new prison facility for major crimes somewhere in the middle of the Arctic.

As long as no heat or any utilities are provided in the cell blocks.........maybe we can get a polar bear to wander around inside as well!!!!!

Now you're getting it.....

I've always gotten...................my other solution is to spike the guys nuts & wang down to the seat of a wooden outhouse, set the outhouse on fire & hand the douchebag a knife & tell him to decide his fate.............DEATH or CASTRATION :angry:

I've always gotten...................my other solution is to spike the guys nuts & wang down to the seat of a wooden outhouse, set the outhouse on fire & hand the douchebag a knife & tell him to decide his fate.............DEATH or CASTRATION :angry:

Im going to keep that suggestion for when my daughter starts dating! :D

Im going to keep that suggestion for when my daughter starts dating! :D

x2

Not that I want to defend the ineptitude of our judicial system and the lack of punishment for animals such as Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka (because I believe that they both should have been put to death), but I believe that part of the reason for not reinstating the death penalty in Canada is due to the percentage of wrongly convicted in our system. I studied four specific cases of wrongly convicted men in college, two of which had been exonerated because of DNA evidence. One has never actually been proven innocent and another was convicted and spent the majority of his life in jail because he was native and had been in trouble with the law before.

If the system was perfect, we would never have to deal with these horrific criminals....

Not that I want to defend the ineptitude of our judicial system and the lack of punishment for animals such as Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka (because I believe that they both should have been put to death), but I believe that part of the reason for not reinstating the death penalty in Canada is due to the percentage of wrongly convicted in our system. I studied four specific cases of wrongly convicted men in college, two of which had been exonerated because of DNA evidence. One has never actually been proven innocent and another was convicted and spent the majority of his life in jail because he was native and had been in trouble with the law before.

If the system was perfect, we would never have to deal with these horrific criminals....

Hey Mossy. Point and point take.But..the "smoking gun" full confession..blah,blah,blah in this day and age. Once that process has been completed...hang em high. I am quite familiar with those you discuss and in this day an "injustice" like those can't happen...unless of course you're a OPP by the name of Deane and get fried over...well you know where I'm talking about.. :angry::angry: (and he's dead now too!!!)

I agree with the "set them out in the general population" let the murderers take care of the murderers I say!!

Bernardo is in 23 hour sol. and gets 1 hour private time.

put them in with the general. why the hell are we treating them to a safe life behind bars when the lives they took were obviously not??

any sort of torture to these bastards will probably be a turn on for them!!!

Just my 2 cents

I agree with the "set them out in the general population" let the murderers take care of the murderers I say!!

Bernardo is in 23 hour sol. and gets 1 hour private time.

put them in with the general. why the hell are we treating them to a safe life behind bars when the lives they took were obviously not??

any sort of torture to these bastards will probably be a turn on for them!!!

Just my 2 cents

From what I had heard when he was first sentenced, they had actually renovated an area of the prison and set up a small apartment for him. He has his own television and washroom facilities!!!

Archived