$25 Million for Canadian Trail Network

SlowTouringGuy

This is great news

The municipalities should have to match dollars...................especially Huntsville, that anti-sled nazi community!

Hey, UTS...tell us how you really feel!... :P :poke:

BTW, I happen to agree...

First of all I'm no big fan of any politican, but Tony arrived with no aids, fuss or anything. Did his thing and was willing to talk to anybody. He wasn't the first to leave by any means. Figures the Huntsville paper uses the ATV picture as there was several sleds there. Hey he is even wearing a snowmobile coat. See left side of picture--Yammi ski,Orange coat photo guy knows abit about snowmobiles. The sledder turnout far out numbered the horses and stick and poll people.

Clement said the idea is to create pristine trails across the country, giving Canadians healthy living activities like cross-country skiing and hiking, while stimulating the economy.

“That goes along with investments to roads and bridges and highways, and the green infrastructure fund,” he said. “Now, I don’t have to tell you that these trails attract tens of thousands of snowmobilers, ATVers, and every kind of outdoor enthusiast every year,” he said, “And the bottom line is that that stimulates local tourism, and provides access for an active outdoor experience.”

Yeah the clubs for 40 years have been building & maintaining these trails. I know some multi use trails are out there, but will landowners in the future have to allow skiers across their property?

Also, drive from Washago to North Bay during the winter and you'll see a lot of vehicles towing sled trailers north & south. You don't see a lot of skis on racks. Other than locals in northern Ontario, I doubt there are many southerners that venture north to go XC sking. I've seen their facilities when in the Moonbeam & Cochrane areas I think the sledders are in the majority as winter tourists up there.

.... and how much do you think the snowmobile trails will recieve? I'd be willing to bet more goes to ATV trails!

The municipalities should have to match dollars...................especially Huntsville, that anti-sled nazi community!

well tell me where a small town will get those $$$ to macth???

example like Dubreuilville and Wawa when all major employer are closed and half of the population is gone.................

example like Dubreuilville and Wawa when all major employer are closed and half of the population is gone.................

Huntsville has $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

They should have with the amount of taxes I pay!!

I'm concerned about the mention of multi-use trails getting priority.

I would love to put Tony Clement on a sled and watch him get a ski caught in an ATV tire rut.

Then I'd walk over and kick him in the groin.

Oh, not to cause him harm or add insult to injury.

No, no, no no.

Just to test to see if he's still alive.

If he moves, then I'll plug in my old bag phone and wait for the battery to charge.

And wait.

And wait.

And wait.

If it ever charges fully, I might call 411 to call an ambulance for the rotten bastard.

Oh yea, I meant 411.

Of course, if he croaked, I'd pull my cell phone out of my pocket and call all my friends to invite them to the party we'd have. It'd be a dusy. lol.

His body I'd leave for the creepy crawlies to get sick on. Scumbag.

Good thing I'm showing restraint here and not saying how I really feel. LOL

Jeff

I'm concerned about the mention of multi-use trails getting priority.

I would love to put Tony Clement on a sled and watch him get a ski caught in an ATV tire rut.

Then I'd walk over and kick him in the groin.

Oh, not to cause him harm or add insult to injury.

No, no, no no.

Just to test to see if he's still alive.

If he moves, then I'll plug in my old bag phone and wait for the battery to charge.

And wait.

And wait.

And wait.

If it ever charges fully, I might call 411 to call an ambulance for the rotten bastard.

Oh yea, I meant 411.

Of course, if he croaked, I'd pull my cell phone out of my pocket and call all my friends to invite them to the party we'd have. It'd be a dusy. lol.

His body I'd leave for the creepy crawlies to get sick on. Scumbag.

Good thing I'm showing restraint here and not saying how I really feel. LOL

Jeff

Better drag him off the trail... we don't need anymore frivolous lawsiuts from some ambulance chasing laywer!!!!

I'll second that!!!

Welcome to muskoka! :wavey::wavey:

Thanks.... been there 60 years :wavey::wavey:

Your lucky there tax rate hasnt been as bad as it was for all those years! :D

Ya, thanks to Market Value Assessment we seasonal residents seem to be paying the bulk of the tax load.

Ya, thanks to Market Value Assessment we seasonal residents seem to be paying the bulk of the tax load.

You should rephrase that to waterfront residents. many live there and get hosed cause they are on a lake.

You should rephrase that to waterfront residents. many live there and get hosed cause they are on a lake.

It's a bargain:

No road maintenance - summer OR winter

No water

No sewers

No School Use allowed

No Fire Department Response

No garbage pick-up

No mail

but we pay for it all. Sweet Deal for the town !

It's a bargain:

No water

No sewers

No School Use allowed

No garbage pick-up

No mail

Now try being a senior resident on a fixed income and the township basically taxing you off land that has been in the family for generations. :curse: Like my mother in law

It's a bargain:

No water

No sewers

No School Use allowed

No garbage pick-up

No mail

Now try being a senior resident on a fixed income and the township basically taxing you off land that has been in the family for generations. :curse: Like my mother in law

Unfortunately that is happening to all too many families. All too many. And the towns - with the increased taxes and minimal services to deliver - still operate at a deficit. IDJits. !

I try and insist on a decent water based lube!

OK.... we waterfront residents seem to be paying the bulk of the tax load.

Now as STG pointed out consider the disappropriate share in the context of services seasonal residents receive. I do get garbage pickup.... it's on Thursday. Unless I am there during the week I have to haul it home. Only twice last year I was able to put out garbage for pickup.

Now as STG pointed out consider the disappropriate share in the context of services seasonal residents receive. I do get garbage pickup.... it's on Thursday. Unless I am there during the week I have to haul it home. Only twice last year I was able to put out garbage for pickup.

I have to haul my garbage too . I feel everyone should honestly it is one thing that Seguin twp. has got right.

I have to haul my garbage too . I feel everyone should honestly it is one thing that Seguin twp. has got right.

I didn't mind at all when we had the local dumps but, to add insult to injury, they closed the damn things.

Archived