woooohoooooo Snow Day for southern Ontario!!!!!!

LuvMyViper

We're finally getting some fresh snow!!! I was kinda surprised when I check EC's website and seen the weather warnings....

Looks like a big part of southern Ontario is gonna get snow.. I hope everyone gets their fair share.. They are calling for 15-25cm for the Kitchener area.. weeeeee

Warnings

Guelph - Erin - Southern Wellington County

6:00 AM EST Wednesday 28 January 2009

Snowfall warning for

Guelph - Erin - Southern Wellington County continued

Winter storm bringing 15 to 25 cm of snow.

A deepening low pressure system from Texas has reached northeastern Kentucky early this morning. This low is intensifying into a winter storm as it moves northeast across central Pennsylvania into New York state just east of Lake Ontario by this evening.

Light snow in advance of this storm has moved into southern Ontario overnight. Radar over the states just south of the border shows an expanding area of heavy snow which will move into southern Ontario this morning then into eastern Ontario by this afternoon. It now appears that heavier snow from this storm will affect a large part of southern Ontario southeast of a line from Lake St Clair to lake Simcoe to the Petawawa area. Snowfall amounts near 15 cm are expected by this evening over areas from Kitchener southwest across London to Windsor. 15 to 20 cm of snow are expected in the Golden Horseshoe into Niagara then northeast across Peterborough to Renfrew. 20 to 25 cm possibly up to 30 cm of snow are expected in eastern Ontario including the national Capital region into the St Lawrence Valley.

A clap or two of thunder along with a burst of heavy snow is also quite possible especially near the lower Great Lakes into the St Lawrence Valley. Snowfall rates may occasionally reach 2 to 3 centimetres per hour.

The snow will end over southwestern Ontario by this evening but continue over eastern sections well into tonight before the intensifying winter storm races across southern Québec and New England into the Maritimes.

Driving conditions will quickly deteriorate and become hazardous as the heavier snow moves in and starts to accumulate. Visibility will at times be reduced to a couple hundred metres or less in areas of heavy snow..Making travel very difficult. Motorists should alter travel plans accordingly.

Kitchener - Cambridge - Region of Waterloo

6:00 AM EST Wednesday 28 January 2009

Snowfall warning for

Kitchener - Cambridge - Region of Waterloo continued

Winter storm bringing 15 to 25 cm of snow.

A deepening low pressure system from Texas has reached northeastern Kentucky early this morning. This low is intensifying into a winter storm as it moves northeast across central Pennsylvania into New York state just east of Lake Ontario by this evening.

Light snow in advance of this storm has moved into southern Ontario overnight. Radar over the states just south of the border shows an expanding area of heavy snow which will move into southern Ontario this morning then into eastern Ontario by this afternoon. It now appears that heavier snow from this storm will affect a large part of southern Ontario southeast of a line from Lake St Clair to lake Simcoe to the Petawawa area. Snowfall amounts near 15 cm are expected by this evening over areas from Kitchener southwest across London to Windsor. 15 to 20 cm of snow are expected in the Golden Horseshoe into Niagara then northeast across Peterborough to Renfrew. 20 to 25 cm possibly up to 30 cm of snow are expected in eastern Ontario including the national Capital region into the St Lawrence Valley.

A clap or two of thunder along with a burst of heavy snow is also quite possible especially near the lower Great Lakes into the St Lawrence Valley. Snowfall rates may occasionally reach 2 to 3 centimetres per hour.

The snow will end over southwestern Ontario by this evening but continue over eastern sections well into tonight before the intensifying winter storm races across southern Québec and New England into the Maritimes.

Driving conditions will quickly deteriorate and become hazardous as the heavier snow moves in and starts to accumulate. Visibility will at times be reduced to a couple hundred metres or less in areas of heavy snow..Making travel very difficult. Motorists should alter travel plans accordingly.

son.png

Special Weather Statements for Ontario

* Public Warnings

* Marine Warnings

* Special Weather Statements

WOCN11 CWTO 281108

Special weather statement

Issued by Environment Canada Ontario region.

6:08 AM EST Wednesday 28 January 2009.

Special weather statement issued for..

City of Toronto

Windsor - Essex - Chatham-Kent

Sarnia - Lambton

Elgin

London - Middlesex

Simcoe - Delhi - Norfolk

Dunnville - Caledonia - Haldimand

Oxford - Brant

Niagara

City of Hamilton

Halton - Peel

York - Durham

Huron - Perth

Waterloo - Wellington

Dufferin - Innisfil

Grey - Bruce

Barrie - Orillia - Midland

Belleville - Quinte - Northumberland

Kingston - Prince Edward

Peterborough - Kawartha Lakes

Stirling - Tweed - South Frontenac

Bancroft - Bon Echo Park

Brockville - Leeds and Grenville

City of Ottawa

Gatineau

Prescott and Russell

Cornwall - Morrisburg

Smiths Falls - Lanark - Sharbot Lake

Parry Sound - Muskoka

Haliburton

Renfrew - Pembroke - Barry's Bay

Algonquin

Burk's Falls - Bayfield Inlet.

..Snowstorm affecting southern Ontario today and tonight..

A deepening low pressure originally from Texas has reached

northeastern Kentucky early this morning and will continue to

intensify into a winter storm as it moves northeast across central

Pennsylvania into New York state just east of Lake Ontario by this

evening. This storm track places much of southern and eastern

Ontario under bands of heavy snow giving up to 25 cm. Snowfall

warnings are in effect for areas southeast of a line from Lake St

Clair to lake Simcoe to Petawawa as a result.

Further northwest lesser snowfall amounts are expected. However

many areas extending from Goderich through Mount Forest and Owen

Sound across Barrie and Muskoka to Algonquin Park will receive 10 to

15 cm of the white stuff before the snow tapers off to a few

Flurries tonight in the wake of the storm.

Motorists should exercise extreme caution as driving conditions

will rapidly deteriorate and become hazardous shortly after the snow

begins. Very low visibility in areas of heavier snow will be a

significant issue to deal with. This snowstorm will make the morning

and evening commutes particularly slow and difficult.

Environment Canada is continuing to monitor this situation and

further messages or warnings will be issued as necessary.

Listen for further statements. Additional information

may also be found by consulting the latest public forecast.

The next public forecast will be issued by 11 AM today.

END/OSPC

They haven't closed any schools here....but it does look as though we will be getting snow for the next 4 or 5 days....

They might close schools when the storm comes into the province full force... Snow for 4 or 5 days.. weeeeeeeeeeeeee

They haven't closed any schools here....but it does look as though we will be getting snow for the next 4 or 5 days....

They might close schools when the storm comes into the province full force... Snow for 4 or 5 days.. weeeeeeeeeeeeee

So are you saying that my kids will go to school, my husband will go to work....then they will close the roads and I will be stuck here by myself???? I might have to go get the kids by sled.....

My kids school is CLOSED today...

SNOW DAY :wavey:

Rode from Port Perry to the Great Pine Ridge clubhouse today. Nice w/ the fresh snow & not snowing so hard you couldn't see.

Had a short chat w/ Nutter while I was waiting for my buddy to show up.

Is she lip synching?

:lol:

Archived