Breaking NEWS - F Trail Closure - Chapleau to Dubreuilville

Big Reg

Peoples, at the end of the day the important thing is to demonstrate that riders do rides the F trail, According to Roger (on our last phone call) he believe there is not that much traffic............also District 14 will need to be on top of application for funding to help Chapleau, specialy if OFSC receive another 3 millions from the province, The money is there just build your case. (even the top dog of OFSC ride that trail the 2 last season, so they know)

Also with all this debate we having now, if every body send e-mail to OFSC, District 14 and the Chapleau club. They will see the need to up grade it and keep it open.

I don't think we want to shut down Chapleau and Roger aux trois moulins.

The north need to work together and this is what we missing here, I though people from district 14 will have call for a meeting to sit down and explore ways to resolve it.....but at this point nothing nothing.

anyway District 13 have a meeting Jan. 20 and we will talk about it and I will keep you posted.

any one from District 14 who want to talk to me about it just send me an e-mail at rejeanraymond@msn.com with your contact number and I will call you back.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Guys, Keep on Doing What you guys are doing!!!! you are being Heard.

:D:D:D:mrgreen::mrgreen:

It is being heard. Was waiting in line at Tims this morning in Sturgeon and heard two guys talking, don't know them. The one guy said they closed F trail. So I informed them quickly that district 14 was tiring to close it next year and reroute it, so there is talk.

Hi Big Reg you will not here anything from Dist 14 till after our meeting on Sunday Jan 25/09 in Timmins when the Tata district board will discuss this with Chapleau club. If you have correspondence from Dubreuilville club and district 13 send it to Tata manager fax (705) 268-7547 or tata@ntl.sympatico.ca to be given to the Tata board.

Hi Big Reg you will not here anything from Dist 14 till after our meeting on Sunday Jan 25/09 in Timmins when the Tata district board will discuss this with Chapleau club. If you have correspondence from Dubreuilville club and district 13 send it to Tata manager fax (705) 268-7547 or tata@ntl.sympatico.ca to be given to the Tata board.

Hey JB.. Is it ok people (from this forum and others) send emails to TATA to voice their opinion of the proposed closure of the F Trail to D'ville.. It is very important that they know that the F Trail must stay open..... There will also be a petition that will be started soon that they can watch.. Rick

Hey JB.. Is it ok people (from this forum and others) send emails to TATA to voice their opinion of the proposed closure of the F Trail to D'ville.. It is very important that they know that the F Trail must stay open..... There will also be a petition that will be started soon that they can watch.. Rick

Yes send all your thoughts and opinions to Tata office and they will get to the Tata board.

i've sent my letter, have you? ski

Be careful in attacking Roger and Chapleau club (this decision was made with the towns support)

For clarification regarding the support of the town of Chapleau.

I did contact the Town office and asked about their support regarding the closure of the F trail.

They toll me that they never support any trail closure, this is was the Cheif Administrator Officer toll me Tuesday Jan 20.

He explain to me that the town of Chapleau passed a resolution to support the Chapleau club to open a link between the D trail and F trail, plus they give them financial support of $3000.00 per year on an on going basic to open that trail.

That resolution was pass in April of 2005.

Today I had the opportunity to speak with the Mayor of Chapleau face to face in Wawa.

He toll me that he will go talk to Roger. He was on the impression that the trail to halfway haven was groomed since 2005, thats why they were supporting the club by giving them $3000.00 per year since 2005. He said that he will address that issue with Roger also.

Well district 13 had their meeting Tuesday night Jan. 20

we discussed the Chapleau Club and District 14 plan to close the F trail next year.

At this point the district 13 is against the closure of the F trail, they already passed a resolution about it at their December 08 meeting and are going to send letters to the Chapleau Club, District 14, OFSC The Mayor and Council of Chapleau, Regional Mayor's group and Missinabie Cree First Nation about it to tell them about their opposition.

Also remember that any new trails need to be approuve by the trails committee of OFSC.

I'm toll by one member that the last request from Chapleau about the new trail was denied and they will not sacrifice the F trail for that trail.

The new propose trail is 50% on district 14 and 50% on district 13.

District 13 is not going to open their part and put any $$ to it.

We also discussed the fact that if Chapleau Club decide to do it all the way and come on to our district to groom all the way to Halfway haven.

We will take all action needed to stop them.

keep up the good work reg, looks like some mis-information maybe even misappropriation of funds was happening in the town/snowmobile club? that probably will be addressed very soon from the sounds of it. looks like there are alot of people in the right places against this closure of a top F trail, and the opening of a "new" NON TOP trail.

i dont like seeing the clubs at odds with one another because, we should work with one another for the common good of the region but, when someone over steps their powers and tries to back door their plans to change a large portion of trail in the region for their own reasons. it just isnt good. that is why there are commitees. one person shouldnt have the power to implement this without putting it to a member vote. wether it be a vote for the township, the club, the district, or the ofsc including the riding membership.

i hope roger doesnt take this personal, as it is not. we appreciate his volunteerism and the help he has given the club, the district and the ofsc including the riders. and we really would hope to see him continue on. but he has to see this F trail is more important to the region than he originally thought it was. there are other ways to get your plans heard and implemented. proper request for funds, through both districts, all the towns, and businesses that would have benefited from the new trail, and the ofsc could have been on board.

they still could be, you just have to realize the F trail from missanabi to chapleau is vital to the region, and it has to be considered THE trail from chapleau, to the west top trails. money is tight now but, a good solid plan to maintain the current system and open the proposed trail, with backing (both public support and financial) from towns, clubs, disctricts, businesses. the ofsc would probably be on board to help as well.

a groomer set up at halfway haven is a very good plan. they can groom halfway to the soo, halfway to wawa, halfway to chapleau. show that it is needed, and get it done. this would be a joint effort by wawa, soo, chapleau the districts and the ofsc. another idea, a groomer at flame lake lodge, grooms to aubrey falls (or halfway to aubrey, if they have a groomer), grooms to chapleau. then one groomer in town for the grooming to missanabi and folyette.

there are ways to get what needs or wants to be done, just seek them out. lots of people are there to help. you just have to seek out those relationships and "groom" them to work as partners to accomplish a like minded goal for the entire region.

i wish us all luck and hope this all works out for everyone involved. ski

Today I had the opportunity to speak with the Mayor of Chapleau face to face in Wawa.

He toll me that he will go talk to Roger. He was on the impression that the trail to halfway haven was groomed since 2005, thats why they were supporting the club by giving them $3000.00 per year since 2005. He said that he will address that issue with Roger also.

WOW is all I can say on that one.

IMO the connection to halfway from chapleau will gain little traffic over the wilderness trail as it being a wilderness trail is somewhat of an attraction to some. Loosing the F trail connection will greatly reduce traffic to chapleau.

a groomer set up at halfway haven is a very good plan. they can groom halfway to the soo, halfway to wawa, halfway to chapleau.

A great idea on paper but when a club runs very tight on money and only grooms when it's need, all with volunteers, the expense of running a remote groomer with a paid operator with no manager is very high.

The wawa club was almost put under by the expense of that arrangement last season.

the 30 miles of trail that groomer maintained was a huge % of our grooming cost.

Maybe its time for a substantial trail permit increase... This exuse that there is no money is starting to get old... If anyone doesn't wanna do something all they have to say "it costs too much money"..

At this rate we will have no trails left imo.... And I seen no reason to starve clubs financially.... The amount of money clubs get from trail permit sales in ridiculous imo...

Like Jonesy said "WOW", things are starting to smell real bad...

Maybe its time for a substantial trail permit increase... This exuse that there is no money is starting to get old... If anyone doesn't wanna do something all they have to say "it costs too much money"..

At this rate we will have no trails left imo.... And I seen no reason to starve clubs financially.... The amount of money clubs get from trail permit sales in ridiculous imo...

Like Jonesy said "WOW", things are starting to smell real bad...

next season permit are going up by $20.00

This is the members voted at the AGM

IMO the connection to halfway from chapleau will gain little traffic over the wilderness trail as it being a wilderness trail is somewhat of an attraction to some. Loosing the F trail connection will greatly reduce traffic to chapleau.

Wilderness trails are the best of the best.. Especially for us southern riders that have to stop every kilometer... The wilderness trails are what most people go to that area imo........ There should be some kinda rule that Top Trails can not be shut down, they are Top Trails for a reason....

I think if the F trail closed from Chapleau to D'ville, alot of riders will stop coming to the area all together.. They have many choices and the fact that so many love the D'ville area and go back over and over again is very telling,,

The area has already taken a heavy beating with the change in the dollar... I was once told how many snowmobiles gased up in D'ville like 5 years ago and how many now (huge difference).. Being from southern Ontario, I can choice where I ride and the F Trail closure will keep me from Elliot Lake and south/east.....

I am looking forward to hearing from TATA, a press release after the Jan 25th meeting would be great...

Maybe it's time to reorganize or start another organization.

I don't think so.. The OFSC organization is the envy of the snowmobile world and many others model themselves after it... They have to do the right things in order to survive and I think the OFSC will survive forever.. We the riders are the OFSC.. Maybe get rid of the government and let us run our own sport would be an good thing imo..

i don't mean to let go ofsc. i meant maybe start another club to help out with the work. some of these clubs got big territory.

Oh ya... Out-post camp... the ofsc pays 2 guys to stay there and groom.... Maybe hire a cook and have gas there too.. hmmm

Archived