Supertrax Magazine

Canuck

I enjoyed the most recent issue of Supertrax (Vol 20, No 3 - Display to April 2009).

Best in Class 2009, etc.

Separate Go Snowmobiling OFSC magazine".

Of course, once in a while you get goofy 'rah rah' statements like "Look for Polaris to push the envelope in a number of key areas..... Those areas would be handling, power, weight and suspension."[/i] What else can be improved? Cupholders? :)

Also the article on 2008 BRP front drive axle recall - "If you return your sled to your dealer for any reason this winter and have not had the no-charge update performed, Ski-Doo dealers are required to keep your sled until the axle gets replaced". :curse:

('no-charge update'.... who writes this stuff? It's a recall, not a no-charge update. Still, I'll file that term away. :) )

Yamaha seems 'quiet' re: product development; BRP 'rumors' are flying re: E-Tec 800 in XP chasis and supercharged 4-Tec (and why not 'rumours' in a Canadian magazine?); and interesting comments about the economic meltdown and impact on sled development/technology.

Kudos to the Quebec trail system map, with 10 suggested tours on the back of the map. Each tour is more than 200 kms, and is outlined in yellow on the 'sub-map'.

I enjoyed the most recent issue of Supertrax (Vol 20, No 3 - Display to April 2009).

Best in Class 2009, etc.

Separate Go Snowmobiling OFSC magazine".

Of course, once in a while you get goofy 'rah rah' statements like "Look for Polaris to push the envelope in a number of key areas..... Those areas would be handling, power, weight and suspension."[/i] What else can be improved? Cupholders? :)

Also the article on 2008 BRP front drive axle recall - "If you return your sled to your dealer for any reason this winter and have not had the no-charge update performed, Ski-Doo dealers are required to keep your sled until the axle gets replaced". :curse:

('no-charge update'.... who writes this stuff? It's a recall, not a no-charge update. Still, I'll file that term away. :) )

Yamaha seems 'quiet' re: product development; BRP 'rumors' are flying re: E-Tec 800 in XP chasis and supercharged 4-Tec (and why not 'rumours' in a Canadian magazine?); and interesting comments about the economic meltdown and impact on sled development/technology.

Kudos to the Quebec trail system map, with 10 suggested tours on the back of the map. Each tour is more than 200 kms, and is outlined in yellow on the 'sub-map'.

But how do yo feel about your OFSC permit dollars paying for the mailing of the Quebec map?

I was hoping the advertising revenue from the insert flowed back to OFSC.

But how do yo feel about your OFSC permit dollars paying for the mailing of the Quebec map?

that is really sad, quebec should be paying for that.

that is really sad, quebec should be paying for that.

Yeh they paid supertrax . OFSC paid for the mailing to my understanding.

Bill:

I don't think that is true, I am certain that the Supertrax agreement pays the OFSC not the other way around. For example my local produces a magazine that it sends to all it's members (3000) and the magazine publishers pays my local a set fee back as a share of the advertising revenue it makes.

Now they send Supertrax plus the Ontario Snowmobilier to every OFSC member. I suppose they could have attempted to include a clause that they cannot advertise for other areas but it would be unlikely Supertrax would grant them that.

As far as I know the OFSC and FCMQ have an advert exchange program ??

And Bill what makes you think the OFSC pays the mailing cost for Supertrax. The Go Mag is the best communication tool to permit buyers and public the OFSC has come out with ever, bar none, do you not think the mailing list for permit buyers who checked the box, is well worth the exchange of distribution and production and print costs of the Supertrax Go Mag alone ??

A little birdy.

Maybe that little bird should crow about cost savings on piggy back publication of Go Mag, and mailing list income ...... or maybe we should just go back to the days of permit buyers reading a copy of main trail at a club house :poke:

How come I don't get any magazines from my permit purchase? I didn't opt out. At least not on purpose. :x

Actually, I'd be quite happy with a link to the PDF versions of the magazines. I'd much rather read it in that format.

How come I don't get any magazines from my permit purchase? I didn't opt out. At least not on purpose. :x

Actually, I'd be quite happy with a link to the PDF versions of the magazines. I'd much rather read it in that format.

They probably can't find your address

Skidooer

4th farm passed the milking cows at Booby-Jean's Farm.

Southern Ontario Somewhere

L0Z9X6

No clutter no mailing costs the new world of e-mags has its advantages. For advertisers thier ads could double as links.

It may have been completely unintentional.

There is a section on the permit application (page 300 in the fine print) where one must sign in order to "receive the benefits of OFSC Membership including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Official OFSC publication" ...... You may not have signed that box. You may not have been asked to sign that box by the overburdened shopkeeper who is selling permits manually for the club.

OR

You bought online and, when doing so, one needs to specifically indicate that it is or would have been their intention to sign on the appropriate line had they been buying through the manual process. It's been the experience of many that if they do not specifially indicate, then it is not recognized that they wish to participate in the many benefits that membership in the OFSC confer.

OR

You were part of the OSM magazine "GLURP" that occured a couple of years ago when many were dropped from the list in a fit of PIPEDA Paranoia. A well intentioned initiative resulting in a culling of the subsriber list of any name against which the puplisher could not find hard-copy evidence of a desire to participate in the many benefits that membership in the OFSC confer including, but not limited to, receipt of the official OFSC publication.

OR

you've really never bought a permit you renegade you !! I'll bet you've been clocked at 190 ripping through your corn field and knocking over stakes and voluteers ! :P

I have had similar issues in the past. If you call OFSC, they can very quickly rectify the error and will have the missed issues sent to you.

No clutter no mailing costs the new world of e-mags has its advantages. For advertisers thier ads could double as links.

It's totaly impossible to have a sucessfull bowel movement with knee's closed to hold a lap top, and if I were to bring a TV tray into the shitter my wife would leave me. At best that would leave Us, People or National Geographic .... and with all the turmoil in the world today that just will not relax me.

It's totaly impossible to have a sucessfull bowel movement with knee's closed to hold a lap top, and if I were to bring a TV tray into the shitter my wife would leave me. At best that would leave Us, People or National Geographic .... and with all the turmoil in the world today that just will not relax me.

:coffeespit: TFF!!!!!!

Too true!!! :rotflmao:

Not true!........... ;)

I thought there was a pic of a suitable setup for this

thats the pic I was talking about.

That's the set-up for people who give a ____ about what they are posting. :D

:coffeespit: TFF.

See you guys next week, I'm off to Miami to go to the BCS College Football Championship! :wavey::woot::woot:

thats the pic I was talking about.

That's the set-up for people who give a ____ about what they are posting. :D

:coffeespit: TFF.

See you guys next week, I'm off to Miami to go to the BCS College Football Championship! :wavey::woot::woot:

Good stuff :!: Enjoy the trip ER !

Archived