GPS question

RudeAwakening

He means...get yourself a Garmin 476c (I have a 276c)...If you do any boating (depth and charts/auto navigating, it really can't be beat...

It all depends on how much you want to spend. There some new option now. The garmin GPSMAP 60Cx/CSx were very good choice. Now there is a Garmin Nuvi 550? that is dual street and weatherproof, or the Oregon w/ touch screen.

Let the debates begin..... ;)

So, where can you download ontario snowmobile trail maps?

Try this topic http://forum.ontarioconditions.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1093&p=32528&hilit=ontario+trail#p32528

There are no official maps put out by the OFSC! There are maps that have been created by myself and others. These maps are always a work in progress, do to the nature of the trails system. I would imagine there is a reroute on a weekly basis, somewhere in the province. Combining local signage and District maps with the GPS maps is the way I go.

There are no official maps put out by the OFSC! There are maps that have been created by myself and others. These maps are always a work in progress, do to the nature of the trails system. I would imagine there is a reroute on a weekly basis, somewhere in the province. Combining local signage and District maps with the GPS maps is the way I go.

Hey Scott.. It`s so cool how long you have been doing this gps trail info stuff.. You guys must be making some good headway.. I am still laughing about when ya tol dme about how nice SledJunks GPS info is because he goes alot slower :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Welcome to the forum RudeAwakening, I hope you enjoy yourself here and find the info your looking for.. Rick

I am still laughing about when ya tol dme about how nice SledJunks GPS info is because he goes alot slower :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

I'll get you for that!! :rotflmao:

It all depends on how much you want to spend. There some new option now. The garmin GPSMAP 60Cx/CSx were very good choice. Now there is a Garmin Nuvi 550? that is dual street and weatherproof, or the Oregon w/ touch screen.

Wouldn't recommend the Zumo for trail riding as it's off-road capabilities are minimal. It has the track handling limitations that plague most of the Nuvi models as well. The Zumo is really meant for motorcycles that stay on-road.

Archived