1200 4-TEC Insurance???

Fred Quimby

Wow...what a shocker. I have been shopping around for insurance on my new GSX 1200. So far I have inquired at TD and they were 700.00++. Cooperators was 720.00, and the worst was Scottish and York with ...hold on 1700.00!!! and they are my current policy holders for my 02 Grand Touring, home, auto, ATV

The best was through Believers Plus (Royal and Sun Alliance) at 520.00. That is for one million liability, full collision, etc with 1000.00 deductable.

Anyone else have issues insuring a 1200? Seems they only look at cc's, and cost, not perormance or any other factor!

SCAM.

Fred

I just finished inuring a 09 1000 cc GT Yamaha .Got the same numbers as you , went with Co-op , they got all my other stuff too , They go by cc and price as you said :o Im going to pack on some Ks this winter and justify it in my own mind Go for it

MM

I am with TD bank with my 800 Mach Z and they dont go by cc, just year and model. $285 a year.

I am with TD bank with my 800 Mach Z and they dont go by cc, just year and model. $285 a year.

I was told today by an agent from TD that the high price was due to the 1200cc?, also the price. They, along with many insurance companies, simply do not get the difference between two and four stroke.

It seemed reasonable that one of the best prices I found was from Sledders Choice. Strange...three years ago, they did not want to touch my 800 Grand.

I have my 03 ZR900 at TD,its $155 including tax per year...BUT thats just 1 million liability.Its the fire and theft that put up the price .My 04 1000 Vector and indy 500 were exactly the same price.

TD Meloche Monnex will give different prices to different customers.

For my 700 Dragon I pay 308.00 full coverage and 500 deductible.

My buddy with a 600 Doo pays over 700.00

:wtf:

Try Sledders Choice they support the PET ride so try them!

I was told today by an agent from TD that the high price was due to the 1200cc?, also the price. They, along with many insurance companies, simply do not get the difference between two and four stroke.

call back to td insurance and ask for a manager ,,,the reason i say that is because when i bought my 1000 machz i was told that the cc`s were to high and they did not insure over 800 `cc but acording to the manager they had a limit of 15000.00 value ,so when i bought my sled any option or extra parts like spare belt, studs and electric start that i was adding to the sled i put on a diffirent invoice so i could keep the gross cost of the sled below 15000.00 keep in mind they look at the value with the taxes included ....

Most insurers write on cc's and value, however, I think some need to wake up and start looking at hp #'s as well, due to the evolving engines.

Perhaps a letter to their ombudsmen and underwriting department will help you're cause.

Also, insurance companies could give a crap if you'r running cleaner, that does nothing for them.

I called TD back and asked to speak to a manager. I was refused! I asked why? I was told that managers are only involved in the event of a dispute!. So....I said I am disputing my quote...

I was disconnected.

I am in the process of negotiating with sledders choice. Their quote was for 520.00/year/1 million liability/collision/fire/theft/1000 deductible.

Looks like they are getting my business.

I called TD back and asked to speak to a manager. I was refused! I asked why? I was told that managers are only involved in the event of a dispute!. So....I said I am disputing my quote...

I was disconnected.

Wow !! :shock:

I was disconnected.

I am in the process of negotiating with sledders choice. Their quote was for 520.00/year/1 million liability/collision/fire/theft/1000 deductible.

Just wondering, does Sledder's choice still require you to insure another vehicle with them in order to do a sled policy? When I got a quote a few years ago, they insisted that I move my truck insurance over to them in order to write the sled policy. This was a deal-breaker for me because this raised my total cost of insurance between the two vehicles. Ultimately, I ended up with TD because they wrote a stand-alone policy for the sled.

Interesting, when I first insured my Vector, the basic policy was about $250 and went up to around $500 when I added collision. The 01 VMax 600 is still around $250. I am with TD for all my vehicles at this time.

How is this different from any other insurance company? Your insurance rates are dependent on a variety of things: your credit rating (yes, they make the assumption that if you're financially irresponsible, you're probably irresponsible in general), past tickets/accidents, past claims, age, driving experience, marital status, replacement value of vehicle(s) being insured, etc. Don't expect two people to ever have the same premium price, even at the same ins company.

I'm with State Farm and pay just over $500 for full coverage on my '07 Renegade X 600.

I was disconnected.

Just wondering, does Sledder's choice still require you to insure another vehicle with them in order to do a sled policy? When I got a quote a few years ago, they insisted that I move my truck insurance over to them in order to write the sled policy. This was a deal-breaker for me because this raised my total cost of insurance between the two vehicles. Ultimately, I ended up with TD because they wrote a stand-alone policy for the sled.

Yes. To insure another vehicle.

I was going to switch companies anyways and the price I am paying for two vehicles, two sleds, ATV is cheaper than my previous carrier. This was a good opportunity to switch. I am really shocked at TD. Everywhere you read about their great sled rates! Must be that time of the month!

I was disconnected.

Yes. To insure another vehicle.

I was going to switch companies anyways and the price I am paying for two vehicles, two sleds, ATV is cheaper than my previous carrier. This was a good opportunity to switch. I am really shocked at TD. Everywhere you read about their great sled rates! Must be that time of the month!

thats unreal ,,i have got good service from them but you know what your right the wrong time of the month might have something to do with it :coffeespit:

How is this different from any other insurance company? Your insurance rates are dependent on a variety of things: your credit rating (yes, they make the assumption that if you're financially irresponsible, you're probably irresponsible in general), past tickets/accidents, past claims, age, driving experience, marital status, replacement value of vehicle(s) being insured, etc. Don't expect two people to ever have the same premium price, even at the same ins company.

I'm with State Farm and pay just over $500 for full coverage on my '07 Renegade X 600.

All factors are equal!

09 Nytro XTX -

T.D. Insurance

Option 1 -1 million liability, fire, theft, $300 deductable - $362 taxes in.

Option 2 - 1 million liability, fire, theft, collision, $300 deductable -$588 taxes in.

I went with option #1

Hold the phone as far as "Believers Plus" goes. I called them back to finalize insurance coverage. They asked for my wife's drivers license information.Fine no problem. They then said that "she is not insured in Ontario". Which she clearly is, on her own auto policy for work. Then the clerk starts to argue with me that there is no way she would be insured as it would show up on their system! I confirmed her drivers license info again and they affirmed their position as to my wife being non insured.

I stated "that was not my problem that (they) had an issue with correct information". All I wanted was to arrange for insurance. They then refused until I prove to them in writing from my wife's broker that she was insured somewhere. What a hassle. I stated that this was time consuming and "could I have my wife's agent call them". They stated no and to "deal with it myself".

SO....I said thanks to them...but no thanks.

Called TD back and spoke to somebody different. Long story short....within ten minutes, they had new numbers for insuring all my vehicles for the year and THE PRICES WERE NOW REALLY GOOD!, given they got a huge bundle of toys to insure from me. Plus...they had no issues with finding my wife's insurance information in their system.

So, at the end of the day TD won me as a cuatomer and I am picking up the new GSX tomorrow. Have two spots at the Haliburton Forest reserved for Saturday to break in the new sled.

I'm with TD insurance. My Attak (1000cc)with 1 million liability and fire and theft is $241/year and my 1991 Phazer (485 cc)with 1 million liability only is $144/year. It seems crazy that a $900 sled is only $100 cheaper to insure then a $9000 sled but what can you do. They also started a ride and drive deal where you get 10% rebate on all your toys if you have a vehicle there. I've been with them for 10 years or more with no problems.

Archived