Don'tcha just love a fresh laid ribbon .......

Nutter

As of today I'm officially a PPSC groomer operator ... woo hoo, now quit your bitchin where doing what we can to get the trails open ... LOL

Went out this morning with PPSC groomer trainer Bill for a groomer training run, and of course to pack where we have not yet packed, knock down some drifts and further build our base up on E-108, which was first packed by Bill and TVB last Friday, and again after more fresh snow on Saturday night by TVB and Kevchev. . With tomorrows little warm spell and possible rain, we should end up with an awesome base. If we don't get rained on too hard tomorrow and receive a tad more snow before the weekend, I'm confident we will be able open up some of our lower end trails. I'm sure Long Sault and Gannaraska SC will also be in the same position. :woot:

Unfortunately all our trails north and west of the club house will need to see a little more cold to set up the swamps, and some more snow to top it all off. Wont be long and we'll be fully opened for the season.

Some pic's for your viewing pleasure :woot::woot:

100_3287.jpg

100_3294.jpg

100_3295.jpg

100_3300.jpg

100_3303.jpg

100_3305.jpg

100_3308.jpg

100_3314.jpg

100_3315.jpg

100_3318.jpg

100_3322.jpg

100_3323.jpg

100_3325.jpg

100_3327.jpg

100_3329.jpg

100_3332.jpg

100_3340.jpg

100_3339.jpg

100_3345.jpg

100_3342.jpg

Way to go, Nutter. :woot: Let's hope the weather holds close to freezing, and your awesome 'first run' is there for us to see in weeks to follow. The long term looks GREAT.

Thanks for the photos. I see a bit of yellow, a bit of blue, .... in fact, team yellow towing team blue :lol:

(man, does Bombardier know how to market it's product. Notice the name - Right on the Plow. Good for them...marketers extraordinaire )

I didn't even notice until I read your comment. Perhaps their plan wasn't so good after all. ;) Then again, I'm not in the market for anything Bombardier manufactures.

I do agree with the comment about the yellow towing the blue but the advertising doesn't really apply anymore since Camoplast bought out Bombardier Grooming equipment.

Camo Track Vehicles

Camoplast is considered the leading manufacturer of multi-terrain tracked vehicles. With the acquisition of Bombardier Recreational Products’ Industrial vehicle division in 2004, Camoplast brings over half a century of expertise to the production of several models of multi-terrain tracked vehicles.

I do agree with the comment about the yellow towing the blue but the advertising doesn't really apply anymore since Camoplast bought out Bombardier Grooming equipment.

Camo Track Vehicles

Camoplast is considered the leading manufacturer of multi-terrain tracked vehicles. With the acquisition of Bombardier Recreational Products’ Industrial vehicle division in 2004, Camoplast brings over half a century of expertise to the production of several models of multi-terrain tracked vehicles.

Actually I don't think the BR line doesn't exist any more ? they sold it to Prinorth. This is the new BR as far as I know ? Nice unit though

Husky-1.jpg

Husky-5.jpg

Camo Track Vehicles

Actually I don't think the BR line doesn't exist any more ? they sold it to Prinorth. This is the new BR as far as I know ? Nice unit though

Husky-1.jpg

Husky-5.jpg

Its ok but it is no BR180 ! the inability for the operator to adjust track speed individually along with engine rpm cuts into its ability to carve down the burms in the corners as well the one that I drove had an issue with overheating the hydrostatic system under a good load making it much slower than a BR180. These machines use too much electronics o control them and not enough operator input . The fit and finish is excellent along with the visibility the replacement cost of the curved windshield concerns me .

The BR180 was a copy of the LMC 1800 and both machines were excellent groomers I have had the opportunity to groom with both.

Husky-1.jpg

Husky-5.jpg

I hope Groomer Guy's screen is waterproof. He's going to be drooling all over it when he sees these pics :lol:

Way to go Nutter and thanks for all you do!!

Great pics Rick. Hard to believe that's 20 minutes north of here. I read elsewhere tonight the gates are open @ the 35/115 tunnel but the swamp west of Skelding Rd is still soft.

I grew up there the area always had awesome snow it seems to be back.

Dist' 3 had good snow last winter as well. We had 2 rides to Bewdley under our belts before Christmas :right_on:

Thank the Lord that it got nice and cold last night and changed that rain back to snow. :D

Just too bad some people feel that have to ride even when it's warm and raining out ... and others drive on the trail. :curse: Would of been nice to not of had to even make this pass this morning.

From this ..........

100_3351.jpg

Came this ..........

100_3358.jpg

100_3357.jpg

100_3360.jpg

Then not even 10 min from the first pass comes this.......... Sweet mother of pearl, if he only got stuck in front of me ...

100_3361.jpg

Little better to deal with ...

100_3364.jpg

100_3365.jpg

100_3366.jpg

100_3368.jpg

100_3369.jpg

100_3372.jpg

100_3374.jpg

Winters soo pretty .........

100_3375.jpg

100_3376.jpg

100_3377.jpg

100_3378.jpg

100_3381.jpg

100_3382.jpg

I'm thinking were going to be doing some riding here in the deep south, this weekend. :woot::woot:

100_3385.jpg

100_3388.jpg

100_3391.jpg

100_3392.jpg

100_3395.jpg

100_3396.jpg

100_3405.jpg

Nutter. Thanks for the pics and update.

I for one wouldnt go to Port Perry This weekend to ride. I think we should all stay away and go north!

p.s. Where do i drop my truck and trailer.................call me!

So begins another season of "Idgits on Trails".

So begins another season of "Idgits on Trails".

and off trail fools

BREAKING NEWS --Major gas leak Oro Medonte

Fire crews from Oro-Medonte township have closed an area of line 3 north just south of Horseshoe valley road after a snowmobile struck a major gas line and fled the scene. Ontario Provincial Police have begun a search for the sledder, while gas crews have be dispatched to secure the broken gas main.

Is that the 13th of old reach twp?

It's been Line 3 Oro for as long as I have known it - and that's well over........ummmmm......ahhhhh...........let's just say it's a long time :D

It's been Line 3 Oro for as long as I have known it - and that's well over........ummmmm......ahhhhh...........let's just say it's a long time :D

Nope neither, and no Scugog doesn't extend over that far east Giddy

Combination of trails down on the south end of our system, Coates, Boundry and Byers Rd allowances, and ditch on Russle and Shirley Rds. With Long Sault and Ganny open no problems putting on 100+ miles runnning east for a loop from our club house.

Also just got news that E108 north from the Nonquon river to the HOO rail line will be ready to open for the weekend. We will also be packing and prepping more as the days go by, and more freezes up.

Here's a map to show you on where we've groomed so far and what will be open for the weekend. Trails groomed by us in blue, and yellow is leading further east into Long Sault trails and on to the Ganny.

1Marked-CORSA_Map-1.jpg

I see that the 13th of old reach is still part of your trail system .

Yup we still groom over to the sign board just past Epsom and meet up with HOO trails.

Archived