SPOT - Satellite Personal Tracker $50 rebate and free 12 mo

rws

Free Service Offer

plus SPOT has a $50 rebate till Dec 31

$50 mail in rebate

I used one of these units last winter on the sled when traveling in remote areas and wouldn't leave home without one.

SPOT.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rebate indicated here is valid in the U.S. Only.

WildBill, as an official supplier of the SPOT, is there a rebate valid in Canada??

WildBill, as an official supplier of the SPOT, is there a rebate valid in Canada??

And the free 12 months offer expired September 15th.

Log on and check the offer...

Now extended through December 31st!

For a limited time, SPOT is offering Fire Eagle users a one-year subscription to SPOT basic and tracking services and a discounted SPOT satellite messenger!

Excellent product!!

I have looked into them before..Hey Wild Bill, any chance of doing a oc.com group purchase.....

lol..anyone remember our last oc.com group purchased :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Im sure Collett Communicators does.. Anyone buy one lately :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

That was the first banning that was under the - your product sucks catagory :lol: :poke:

Excellent product!!

I have looked into them before..Hey Wild Bill, any chance of doing a oc.com group purchase.....

lol..anyone remember our last oc.com group purchased :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Im sure Collett Communicators does.. Anyone buy one lately :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

That was the first banning that was under the - your product sucks catagory :lol: :poke:

Yeh we can do a group purchase or I can just give an OC discount like I gave to Easy Rider and Lep

Who wants one PM me or Mother Christmas

Log on and check the offer...

Now extended through December 31st!

For a limited time, SPOT is offering Fire Eagle users a one-year subscription to SPOT basic and tracking services and a discounted SPOT satellite messenger!

The words "Valid in the U.S. only" are the concern. Also, what or who is a Fire Eagle? This offer needs to be verified, so far I see nothing stating there is any deal in Canada.

So... if you sign up for Fire Eagle by Yahoo, you can get a promo code for free SPOT service and tracking for a year. I just tried it with my existing unit and the promo code zero'd out the costs and signed me up.

You will need to sign up for a Fire Eagle account, then click on this link http://fireeagle.yahoo.net/gallery/spot_promo

For info on the promo that includes the link http://feblog.yahoo.net/2008/08/15/spots-spots-spots-everywhere/

As for the unit itself, I would suggest you contact WildBill, as he will give you a great deal as an OC.com member. :woot::woot:

Thanks, Domino and rws ... great news. Might make it worthwhile giving SPOT a try.

Thanks, Domino and rws ... great news. Might make it worthwhile giving SPOT a try.

I was considering it, but then wondered, "Why would I ever want to find Domino?" :P :P

He does have his uses ... like if the forum goes down again ... :poke:

I was considering it, but then wondered, "Why would I ever want to find Domino?" :P :P

Maple, glad to see your sticking up for Domino. He seems to get a lot of abuse on here; seems to be able to take it very well I must say.

Fully agree re your point on his fine work on this forum. He really did save the day when it went down real bad and he seems to be there whenever there is any kind of forum problem. Also provides some real good tips on other items... the Spot product as a recent example.

3 big cheers for you Dom.!!! :woot::woot::woot:

Maple, glad to see your sticking up for Domino. He seems to get a lot of abuse on here; seems to be able to take it very well I must say.

Fully agree re your point on his fine work on this forum. He really did save the day when it went down real bad and he seems to be there whenever there is any kind of forum problem. Also provides some real good tips on other items... the Spot product as a recent example.

Ok, what do you want? :?

:P

Nothing really. Just wanted to acknowledge your fine efforts and support on this forum.

I truly believe most peeps here feel the same way; your good nature of letting them poke fun at you is admirable.

Thanks again for your support and good tips.

Nothing really. Just wanted to acknowledge your fine efforts and support on this forum.

I truly believe most peeps here feel the same way; your good nature of letting them poke fun at you is admirable.

You must really want something special! :poke:

Just kidding, we all appreciate the monkeys ability to take some good natured kidding, but trust me, he can dish it out as good as anyone! I have been on the recieving end of the Domino sarcasm on more than one occasion! :crazy::banghead::whatever::rotflmao:

Just kidding, we all appreciate the monkeys ability to take some good natured kidding, but trust me, he can dish it out as good as anyone! I have been on the receiving end of the Domino sarcasm on more than one occasion! :crazy::banghead::whatever::rotflmao:

You're Easy! :rotflmao:

Just kidding, we all appreciate the monkeys ability to take some good natured kidding, but trust me, he can dish it out as good as anyone! I have been on the receiving end of the Domino sarcasm on more than one occasion! :crazy::banghead::whatever::rotflmao:

You're Easy! :rotflmao:

There's a news flash! :crazy::wavey:

Hey all...I am outta hibernation for Winter. I just picked up a SPOT and think it is a great addition to the safety equipment I carry while sledding or ATVing. I read that the SPOT unit might pick up interferance from other GPS systems. I am wondering if anybody has experienced this? I run a Garmin on the sled mounted to my handlebars, and if the SPOT is in my pack...will it cause a problem?

Hey all...I am outta hibernation for Winter. I just picked up a SPOT and think it is a great addition to the safety equipment I carry while sledding or ATVing. I read that the SPOT unit might pick up interferance from other GPS systems. I am wondering if anybody has experienced this? I run a Garmin on the sled mounted to my handlebars, and if the SPOT is in my pack...will it cause a problem?

I have been driving around in my truck with the tracking on wit a Garmin Nuvi 18" away. It has tracked fine, and it was even tracking from inside my garage one night :wtf:

That is good news. I use my eTrex religiously but I am thrilled to know that SPOT offers a little extra safety.

Speak for yourself! ;)

This would be usefull for the snowmoble club for tracking the groomers, I guess you guys could go online and see where our groomers are?

But, the club is broke, I doubt we have any money for things like this this winter, bet yah we will sell less than 20 permit this year.............. Dam.. I hope not, if we sell less than 50 permit we loose our club status......... :o I forgot about that!!!

Archived