Driven clutch shaft bearings

Puggz

Without taking it apart, how can you tell if there's an issue? Case and point - my wife's '19 ZR6000 (2000km) makes a whining noise when its moving and the pitch of the noise is speed related.

Any thoughts on what this could me?

Look at the lower drive shaft bearing, on the Brake caliper side. Common issue for the shaft to allow the bearing to spin on the shaft. Several fixes available, from several vendors. Good luck. Ski

• Like 2

I  put it on a stand and see if you can pin point where noise is coming from.  I agree with ski it is low miles though too. Could be jackshaft bearing too those can go bad early as well. Get it fixed before any real damage is done or you have to walk 😎. Good luck. 

She hasn't been ridden at all this winter so it sounds like a good off season project. I had to pull it out of the trailer on saturday (-20) and is was like wah-wah-wah.. so it has to be something drive shaft related. Mrs is 130lbs w/gear so it shouldn't be anything on the skid frame.  

Does it do it only when moving.My bil is squealing only when stopped, soundslike belt .Read online possible roller bearing in primary clutch

17 hours ago, wrightonalan said:

Does it do it only when moving.My bil is squealing only when stopped, soundslike belt .Read online possible roller bearing in primary clutch

yes, only when moving and changes in pitch with speed. Guess it could be any number of things.. I'll get it up on the stand and start snooping around..lol

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 7:46 AM, Puggz said:

yes, only when moving and changes in pitch with speed. Guess it could be any number of things.. I'll get it up on the stand and start snooping around..lol

No doubt bearing spinning on shaft. They all do it. Poor design on those sleds. There are fixes as mentioned. If you are handy this is a home repair.