Southwest

CatsPride185

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

A lot of people bitched at how old the Procross was and that it had fallen behind the others. But I still like it. It just fits me better. 
I was in the shop this morning going back and forth to see where I need to change the Mach to feel more like the Cat. The difference is in the distance from the rear of the seat to the footwells. The Mach is definitely shorter. I have to sit on the tail of the Mach seat to get the same knee bend.

Get a new seat. I grabbed one off an 850. Supposed to be way better. But I dont have any seat time yet

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

A lot of people bitched at how old the Procross was and that it had fallen behind the others. But I still like it. It just fits me better. 
I was in the shop this morning going back and forth to see where I need to change the Mach to feel more like the Cat. The difference is in the distance from the rear of the seat to the footwells. The Mach is definitely shorter. I have to sit on the tail of the Mach seat to get the same knee bend.

1 hour ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Get a new seat. I grabbed one off an 850. Supposed to be way better. But I dont have any seat time yet

I have rode back to back the two 4-strokes (Cat and Doo) - you are right, the cat is more roomy sitting on the seat and better fitted for taller people, and from what I recall, you are a taller guy, the Doo is more confined.

I have been meaning to buy the 850 seat that is higher and firmer, the comfort seat on the Doo is way too soft and too low, imo.....I bought the 850 seat, waiting to try it out as well myslef and finding time to get out now that trails are opening up. The issue you may see though with the 850 seat is it is a much shorter seat than the Doo comfort and the Cat seat, but it is higher/firmer......

I think with adjustments, you will find the front of the Doo can handle much better than it does now, I did.....the rear is better for sure on the Doo.

I find the Doo steering to be much lighter than the Cat, unless your cat has PS, but I do not think so based on year......but again, this is set up mostly.

My doo feels like power steering compared to the 4-stroke cat....lol.

Overall, I thought the Doo, after set up, was so much nicer to ride than the Cat, but the Cat I rode was the RR version with the firmer suspension, so take that for what it is worth.

The power is not even close like you said, the Cat I rode had a tune so not fair, but it has a lot of jam.....hoping my Doo have some more jam this season......:coffeenose:

And I like the ice ripper, I like to have rear slipping and sliding, but I know some really like to be firmly planted too with studs.

22 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Meh……..lol

It’s alright. I was hoping I would like it more than I do right now and most likely with more seat time and adjustments, I will.

8 years on my Cat so I have to compare. 1 ride and I miss my studs. Ice Ripper needs to go. Steering is heavy which I figured it would be. I find the seating is too far forward, banging my knees on the console, Cat felt more spacious. Cat front end is better in the corners. The ride is better on the Skidoo, especially the rear. The hand and thumb warmers are great and the multiple settings is handy. Can’t even compare the gauges, Doo by far but I have a lot to learn.

From the seat of the pants, the Cat pulls way harder. Prefer the Cat exhaust tone. The Doo drones at low speeds.

Interestingly, I was told I would never use the comfort setting for the Smart shocks as it’s too soft. I was preparing to send my shock module in to Precision EFI for their programming. Well, I couldn’t stand sport mode. It bothered my hands and shoulders cause the bars shook so bad. I switched to comfort and thought it was great, could be a tad softer yet for me but a huge improvement over Sport and never bottomed once.

And I miss my heated seat…….lol

Maybe you should try a Polaris next. 😎

apparantky new matrix does everything well. I want to get one too. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Maybe you should try a Polaris next. 😎

apparantky new matrix does everything well. I want to get one too. 

Until they find another 50hp in their 4-stroke they aren't worth looking at.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, stoney said:

I have rode back to back the two 4-strokes (Cat and Doo) - you are right, the cat is more roomy sitting on the seat and better fitted for taller people, and from what I recall, you are a taller guy, the Doo is more confined.

I have been meaning to buy the 850 seat that is higher and firmer, the comfort seat on the Doo is way too soft and too low, imo.....I bought the 850 seat, waiting to try it out as well myslef and finding time to get out now that trails are opening up. The issue you may see though with the 850 seat is it is a much shorter seat than the Doo comfort and the Cat seat, but it is higher/firmer......

I think with adjustments, you will find the front of the Doo can handle much better than it does now, I did.....the rear is better for sure on the Doo.

I find the Doo steering to be much lighter than the Cat, unless your cat has PS, but I do not think so based on year......but again, this is set up mostly.

My doo feels like power steering compared to the 4-stroke cat....lol.

Overall, I thought the Doo, after set up, was so much nicer to ride than the Cat, but the Cat I rode was the RR version with the firmer suspension, so take that for what it is worth.

The power is not even close like you said, the Cat I rode had a tune so not fair, but it has a lot of jam.....hoping my Doo have some more jam this season......:coffeenose:

And I like the ice ripper, I like to have rear slipping and sliding, but I know some really like to be firmly planted too with studs.

6'-2" and growing shorter.

I heard about the 850 seat. Might be something to look at. I'll play around with what I have for now and see if I grow more comfortable. Or maybe someone will throw a black/gold SRX on Marketplace at a sacrifice price late season.....lol

I've had studs for 25 years. I don't like track spin. My buddy bought his '23 turbo with a Ripsaw, decided not to stud it. He loves it. But when I followed him, I noticed he gets into the power as he enters the corner and slides the track all the way through. I don't touch throttle until I coming out because I'm used to big grip.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I will wait for your review.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Blackstar said:

6'-2" and growing shorter.

I heard about the 850 seat. Might be something to look at. I'll play around with what I have for now and see if I grow more comfortable. Or maybe someone will throw a black/gold SRX on Marketplace at a sacrifice price late season.....lol

I've had studs for 25 years. I don't like track spin. My buddy bought his '23 turbo with a Ripsaw, decided not to stud it. He loves it. But when I followed him, I noticed he gets into the power as he enters the corner and slides the track all the way through. I don't touch throttle until I coming out because I'm used to big grip.

Makes zero sense having all the hp and all you can do is spin the track.

i like the grip and bite too

• Like 3