snobuny and skidooboy heading to a town near you

skidooboy

going back in a couple weeks for a fall color tour (alot smaller version), anyone interested. all oc'ers welcome. i know a few OC brother and sisters ride bikes and would love this ride. pm me or answer up here. figuring on leaving from the soo, riding to chapleau, then to wawa, over night, then ride back to the soo. could add a day in for side trips to see more sights. sudbury/north bay riders could meet us in the soo on a saturday am to start this ride. food for thought. ski

sounds like fun. But pretty busy down here!

Have fun!

let me know when your coming through. I'm riding a group starting tomorrow from wawa to halfway to chapleau and back to wawa on dirt.

I may be able to be forced to ride some slab though.

xr650r plated and ktm 950 adventure.

gord

thinking about the first weekend in october 3,4, and 5th.

gord, we'll try to get with you if you want to ride the pavement. how do you like that 950? i am thinking about dropping my zx-7 for a ktm super duke 990. LOL! after riding and racing the supermoto bikes the last 4 years, the naked bikes really intrigue me. ski

Awesome pics Ski!! Looks like you and Lynne had a great time! Looks like a trip that I'll need to put on my calendar at some point!! :P

Evil

thinking about the first weekend in october 3,4, and 5th.

gord, we'll try to get with you if you want to ride the pavement. how do you like that 950? i am thinking about dropping my zx-7 for a ktm super duke 990. LOL! after riding and racing the supermoto bikes the last 4 years, the naked bikes really intrigue me. ski

I'm lovin the 950 its the ferrari of dirt bikes and a pretty decent street bike too.

Looks like I'm riding to timmins that friday after work as it stands right now.

Snobunny, great pics other than some ugly guy keeps popping up. JK :D

Ski', your travelogue was well written. Better than some magazine articles we've been subjected to.

I've driven along Lake Superior on both sides of the border, in both directions over the years. I bet the spring runoff in those "little" creeks between Duluth & Thunder Bay would be great to see. It's always been July when I've driven that stretch & the water is usually just a trickle.

Also, for anyone who's been to the UP would probably be surprised as to the difference in the terrain in Ontario like you said.

If you're the reading type, Pierre Berton's National Dream & The Last Spike tell of the building the CPR across Canada.

Snobunny, great pics other than some ugly guy keeps popping up. JK :D

Ski', your travelogue was well written. Better than some magazine articles we've been subjected to.

I've driven along Lake Superior on both sides of the border, in both directions over the years. I bet the spring runoff in those "little" creeks between Duluth & Thunder Bay would be great to see. It's always been July when I've driven that stretch & the water is usually just a trickle.

Also, for anyone who's been to the UP would probably be surprised as to the difference in the terrain in Ontario like you said.

If you're the reading type, Pierre Berton's National Dream & The Last Spike tell of the building the CPR across Canada.

I rode some of the UP this summer mostly on dirt from the Soo to munising. checked out some lighhouses and Tamanaqua?sp falls. Was some nice scenery along the lake.

Great pics Ski,

heres some of my rides from this summer.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343543

you may recongnise some of these pics from snowmobiling

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347890

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381410&page=2

Gord your trip pictures and adventure were amazing. Thanks for sharing.

manage to get way up to the top of montreal river harbour hill where there is a weather observation station, very steep dirt road, suprised a truck could even get up there, took a pic looking over the bay.

Aint there a gate there? The road to the second and third dams has had a "credit card" gate on it since 9/11. We usta ride back in there occassionally. Summer and winter.

(I know that you can still git there yet, but they doo make you werk for it a bit now eh?)

didnt know you were so adventurous gord. LOL!!!

where did you get your ktm big twin? i am trying to find someone with the super dukes. i want to see, sit, maybe even test ride one. i got the bug bad. they are sweet looking. ski

I got mine used. the super dukes are pretty cool for sure, the new RC8 would be fun too.

rc8.jpg

I need dirt though, Can't get anywhere interesting on slab here. :D

but when you can do it all pretty good on one bike, I'm happy.

122_0401_ktm950_01_z.jpg

46769394-L.jpg

gord, you gotta come down and ride supermoto with us at the local tracks. closed course, no cops no speed limits dirt and asphalt. ski

92_248be16a8235ac7ae1f2ac023948165e

but, you are right on the rc8, looks fun. :D

albiet not as fun as backing it in on the asphalt. LOL!

nothing like the feeling of sliding the rear of the bike on the pavement (on race slicks).

ski

92_f786a70f2b0edca7f44121dca1b6b438

marchesini wheels and big brakes are a godsend on these bikes. no tubes to pinch either. ski

92_9e2cacb412c11c7c86b0436468ea9697

but, you are right on the rc8, looks fun. :D

albiet not as fun as backing it in on the asphalt. LOL!

nothing like the feeling of sliding the rear of the bike on the pavement (on race slicks).

ski

4 sure, I thought it took some nerve to track a good corner studded up on Ice but I've tried some Motard Bikes and you definately need some extra large balls to do a good job on the motard track, similar to ice with way more commitment.

and no, I wouldn't want to try that, I have too many hobbies already and might get addicted :twisted:

I ended up with a 950 cause i tried one. ;)

Archived