Auberge (and Condos) du Lac Tereau

Puggz

Our original plan was to go up Cochrane way for the week after christmas but because the conditions didn't materialize I put my focus on PQ.  I was able to find a basic double room at the Condo's section of this massive Lac Tereau resort.

Feedback in no certain order:

Rooms are very expensive. A very small double room with a show and single jetted tub is $280/plus fees and taxes. They do have some beautifully equipped condos w/ kitchen etc. but be prepared to pay handsomely.

Food. This is where I get really picky :). They have 2 locations, a bistro/bar and a sit-down restaurant.  First night we ate at the Bistro and it was horrible. Steak and frits consisted of a small piece of blade steak that was braised to make it tender, fries (they were good :)), mushy carrot slices, and broccoli that was mush and turning yellow.  We returned there the next night (why?,) because I was unable to secure a reservation in the restaraunt (1/2 seating COVID style). Though, ok bar food.  Chicken wings were flubbery and could have used another minute in the fryer, Nachos were passable.  Great selection of local draft and international beers that that was very nice.  

The main restaurant is excellent.  For $20 pp there is a buffett breakfast with crepe / omlette bar. Great service as well.  Watch out tho, tips (13%) are included in the bill.  Dinner in the restaurant is fine dining with a really good wine list. 1 app, 2 entrees, 1 dessert and a bottle of french wine came to $250 all in.  I would rate it a solid 8/10 and I've eaten at michelin starred restuarants in europe!

Summary:

Pros:

Fuel on site ($1.95/ltr for premium)

Huge number of skidoos, atvs, and side by sides to rent. They all looked brand new!

Lots of other activities for the family: Skating oval, ice hockey rink, dog sleighs, pool, etc. Every type of winter activity imaginable.

Excellent service - not may people fluent in english but they try very hard to help.

Excellent main restaurant

Snowmobile/ATV trails go right through the resort

Resort located in the middle of the regions trail system with may options.

The manager at the Condos was excellent and if I was to return, I would deal with him directly

Cons:

Trailer parking is a Sh!t show. 2 small lots for trucks/trailers with some people having to park on the road (They did there best to accommodate but they need more parking)

Very busy! Albeit there were a lot of families as kids are off school.

Number pad entry into your room - our code quit working 3x and needed to be changed. There is no 24 hour concierge so not sure what I would do if it happened in the middle of the night

Room prices are very high for what you get but there are some beautiful offerings

Condos are 4 floors w/o an elevator (that I could find) . We were on the 3rd so it was exhausting bringing everything up/down multiple flights of stairs.  Mind you, the exercise was good for me.

Food in the Bistro.

All in all, I would stay there again - book a room with a kitchen to help save a few $$.

• Like 6

Thanks for taking the time to write this very informative post. 👍

A place just West of that, that we stayed at the other year was La Rabaska, it is not a 5 star by any means, but a real nice lodge, good food, great hospitality - would go there again without a doubt.

Mekoos is not that far away either.

I just do not know if the snow they have now is the same as north east of Tremblant where you were.

The one time we did ride around Tremblant (South side), the conditions were not very good.

On 1/1/2022 at 8:56 PM, stoney said:

I was wondering the same thing!

You left out the most important part :)

Doh!, riding was good but you really had to check out the grooming delay because it was a busy week and the trails got pretty beat up.  In areas where the trail was closed the locals made an excellent effort in finding a new way to get around it. IE. The north end of 33 was red but an alternate trail was forged to gain access to the Repo. Also, on our 2nd day, 345 went from Red to Green overnight.  For us, this is the earliest riding we've ever done and it was worth the trip.

• Like 2

On 1/1/2022 at 9:20 PM, stoney said:

A place just West of that, that we stayed at the other year was La Rabaska, it is not a 5 star by any means, but a real nice lodge, good food, great hospitality - would go there again without a doubt.

Mekoos is not that far away either.

I just do not know if the snow they have now is the same as north east of Tremblant where you were.

The one time we did ride around Tremblant (South side), the conditions were not very good.

I stayed in one of the cottages at the Rabaska a few years back, very rustic and great for a group of guys. My fondest memory was this disgusting foam that had developed on top of the hot tub's water.  Wouldn't take my wife there tho.. Agreed on the lodge/food. Very good!  Very good riding outside that spot as well.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...