Haliburton Forest conditions?

coolbane

I would wait until next weekend.   Calling for snow pretty much all week.  Thin base as of now   A few sleds in there yesterday.  

20201226_160152.jpg

• Thanks 1

really good today

993F5426-09DC-41A3-A16A-467A011378A6.jpeg

2CC0CD3C-16F6-4AD1-ABC3-2221DC2368EE.jpeg

Edited by barberch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Any rain that way today?. 

snowed all day up there! Road was slippery.

44B24197-F843-4203-B0B3-0E3B5FE7FB01.jpeg

Edited by barberch

I did 200 km in there today. Conditions were better than I expected. Mostly a decent base under the fresh snow on all the main trails. I like side trails but they were not groomed, rough and with water in spots in places. Many low branches, don't put your new visor on yet. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, coolbane said:

I did 200 km in there today. Conditions were better than I expected. Mostly a decent base under the fresh snow on all the main trails. I like side trails but they were not groomed, rough and with water in spots in places. Many low branches, don't put your new visor on yet. 

we did a few of the small ungroomed trails too. i wish they had at least ran thru them to clear the trees, but they did tell us the double tracks were better.  Might be the first time that the actual trail conditions were better than what the website said!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, barberch said:

we did a few of the small ungroomed trails too. i wish they had at least ran thru them to clear the trees, but they did tell us the double tracks were better.  Might be the first time that the actual trail conditions were better than what the website said!

My daughters were in there yesterday as well, said the trails were pretty good.  

I usually enjoy the side trails better, unfortunately one of my favorite little loops will not be opening this year.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stonehaven said:

My daughters were in there yesterday as well, said the trails were pretty good.  

I usually enjoy the side trails better, unfortunately one of my favorite little loops will not be opening this year.

Which one is that and why? The side loops that they Groom with alpine are most fun. Going up that big hill is a blast but when one time I had a guy come straight at me, going up wrong way. Ahhh lucky it wasn’t Icey and be stopped and rolled back down backwards to let me thru. Few that was a close one.

Edited by Strong Farmer

51 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Which one is that and why? The side loops that they Groom with alpine are most fun. Going up that big hill is a blast but when one time I had a guy come straight at me, going up wrong way. Ahhh lucky it wasn’t Icey and be stopped and rolled back down backwards to let me thru. Few that was a close one.

Havelock Loop, it's fairly new.  No idea why.   

I remember when I was very young on my unstuded Phaser trying to go up to the Lookout, pure ice and slid backwards 20 ft right into my old mans new sled.  Great times.  lol

4 minutes ago, stonehaven said:

I remember when I was very young on my unstuded Phaser trying to go up to the Lookout, pure ice and slid backwards 20 ft right into my old mans new sled.  Great times.  lol

same thing happened to me at the lookout!

22 minutes ago, stonehaven said:

Years ago I use to run with a studded track. Near Huntsville on that d101b and I came to a quick stop to allow traffic thru. And my buddy comes along and can’t stop no studs banged right into me. Only damage was a few scratched bumpers. Ever since that incident I always stop more slowly and look behind me.  Sure enough when we got to our destination that night. These two guys showed up. One guy had his rear tail

lamp all smashed and carbide rips on seat. He stopped to take a look at a moose and his buddy was day dreaming and hit him at like 40 mph or so. Eeeeck. 

Edited by Strong Farmer