Accommodations in Val-d'Or Quebec

chez-nous cest skidoo

As title says, we're planning our first ever trip into Quebec from New Liskeard & thinking of staying in Val-d'Or

will most likely have my bride with me, so probably looking for something above a basic room

cheers

• Like 1

Stayed @ both-I'd recommend Forestel if with your bride-right on trail-taking mine up Wed.

51 minutes ago, Muskoka1 said:

Stayed @ both-I'd recommend Forestel if with your bride-right on trail-taking mine up Wed.

I hope more trails open before then for your trip. There are only 2 ways (of any distance) out of Val D Or open at present. South for 76 km. to where the trail turns red or east to Louvicourt then north to Senneterre and beyond for open trails. 

I stayed at the Forestel last year and had one of the best dinners I have had in a long time.   It was not inexpensive but it was really good .  The rooms are really nice as well.   Honestly, probably too nice for a sled trip. 

33 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I stayed at the Forestel last year and had one of the best dinners I have had in a long time.   It was not inexpensive but it was really good .  The rooms are really nice as well.   Honestly, probably too nice for a sled trip. 

Lol...this is very true.

On 12/27/2019 at 10:40 AM, chez-nous cest skidoo said:

As title says, we're planning our first ever trip into Quebec from New Liskeard & thinking of staying in Val-d'Or

will most likely have my bride with me, so probably looking for something above a basic room

cheers

If reserving @ Forestel-use Trivago-cheaper than hotel's website!

Thanks for all the responses, looks like it's the Forestel  !

planning to go Jan 18-19, ... just going to wait a bit to see if all the trails will open before then

cheers

35 minutes ago, chez-nous cest skidoo said:

Thanks for all the responses, looks like it's the Forestel  !

planning to go Jan 18-19, ... just going to wait a bit to see if all the trails will open before then

cheers

Looks like they get 6-10" the next few days!

Consider Amos instead. The Amosphere has large modern rooms and the restaurant is the best in the area

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

Consider Amos instead. The Amosphere has large modern rooms and the restaurant is the best in the area

Amos is my go to spot the last couple of years.    The Amosphere is right on the trail, has lots of parking, indoor storage and the restaurant is really good.   We always get a suite for a few bucks more money.