Great news for northern trails

Blake G

10 hours ago, snowchopper said:

I don't get all the negativity guys .If the government didn't invest one red cent would that make you happier?

The negativity is that, no announcement from OFSC, no details to Northern Clubs, Districts etc. There is Already great trails connecting New liskeard to Hearst.  Give the money to the people on the ground towards improving grooming,  trail maintenance etc.  Claire Voyant has stated stuff well enough.  I applaud any of OUR tax money making our sport better, but you would think this would be coming from the OFSC?. Like wtf. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, IQ TURBO said:

The negativity is that, no announcement from OFSC, no details to Northern Clubs, Districts etc. There is Already great trails connecting New liskeard to Hearst.  Give the money to the people on the ground towards improving grooming,  trail maintenance etc.  Claire Voyant has stated stuff well enough.  I applaud any of OUR tax money making our sport better, but you would think this would be coming from the OFSC?. Like wtf. 

Thank you.  I'm not negative. I'm not anti-Francophone. I just think that the volunteers with boots and equipment on the ground know what's best for our trails. We are confident that the "World's Best Snowmobile Trails" have already been built.....and we know best where money is needed,

If you guys read the second article that Blake posted you would see that an ofsc representative was involved in the process when identifying where to spend money. You dont like the fact that its not going to their pocket, but has the ofsc applied for federal funding?

6 hours ago, Poo Man said:

If you guys read the second article that Blake posted you would see that an ofsc representative was involved in the process when identifying where to spend money. You dont like the fact that its not going to their pocket, but has the ofsc applied for federal funding?

They leave that to the volunteers at the  clubs and districts.

22 hours ago, bbakernbay said:

$160,000 is really small change for the length of Trail that they are designating.  This isn’t going to accomplish anything positive that touring riders will really notice.  

That would cover signage... 

19 hours ago, snowchopper said:

I don't get all the negativity guys .If the government didn't invest one red cent would that make you happier?

I would be ecstatic if you were to say that the money was for enforcement.... 

33 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

They leave that to the volunteers at the  clubs and districts.

That seems like a lot to put on their plate considering how much they already do.

8 hours ago, Poo Man said:

Actually, if you look at the date on the second article you are talking about you will see that it was from January 2017 and seems to be to do with a different organization so presumably has little to do with this recent communication.

I agree with Turbo IQ  and Denis 07 that we already have world-class trails in the areas mentioned. I really can't imagine they are going to build a new trail system.  Maybe they could have just said that they were hoping to improve on the existing one.  IMHO that wouldn't be as much of a slap in the face to the volunteers who have made those trails the world-class trails they are now.

As for increasing the gasoline stop availability, I can't see the amount of money they are talking about making that happen. As well, I'm pretty sure the Francophone people in that area are already aware of the trails that are there.

If the money does get used to improving signage on the trails, that would be a positive thing however if it means the overworked club volunteers are going to get saddled with swapping existing signage for bilingual signage, I won't be impressed.

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

Thank you.  I'm not negative. I'm not anti-Francophone. I just think that the volunteers with boots and equipment on the ground know what's best for our trails. We are confident that the "World's Best Snowmobile Trails" have already been built.....and we know best where money is needed,

Agreed %100.......

17 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Actually, if you look at the date on the second article you are talking about you will see that it was from January 2017 and seems to be to do with a different organization so presumably has little to do with this recent communication.

I agree with Turbo IQ  and Denis 07 that we already have world-class trails in the areas mentioned. I really can't imagine they are going to build a new trail system.  Maybe they could have just said that they were hoping to improve on the existing one.  IMHO that wouldn't be as much of a slap in the face to the volunteers who have made those trails the world-class trails they are now.

As for increasing the gasoline stop availability, I can't see the amount of money they are talking about making that happen. As well, I'm pretty sure the Francophone people in that area are already aware of the trails that are there.

If the money does get used to improving signage on the trails, that would be a positive thing however if it means the overworked club volunteers are going to get saddled with swapping existing signage for bilingual signage, I won't be impressed.

I agree PLC. Although there's enough gas stops.  Yah just have to know where they are. I have NO issue riding Liskeard to Hearst, and knowing the fuel stops. If this moneys coming, just give it to the clubs and districts, ie. BOOTS ON THE GROUND, that i am sure will know what to do with it. Make awesome trails, even more awesome.  Just try not to perfect the L-series in and around kap too much.  I may need more power this season...:drool2:

Edited by IQ TURBO
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 7:51 PM, bbakernbay said:

$160,000 is really small change for the length of Trail that they are designating.  This isn’t going to accomplish anything positive that touring riders will really notice.  

Just a faster ride 

On 8/29/2019 at 9:27 PM, Blake G said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157498255376670&id=504956669&ģsfnsn=mo

Tourism funds to support snowmobile trail, francophone initiatives

Thanks for this info and link to 2017 information. The latter was pretty specific (from 'Constance Lake') to Temiskaming. Wonder what happened in that Constance Lake (Calstock) area? 

Hopefully club(s) receive the funding and hit all their targets (trails and interactive itineraries).