-24 sunny no wind

zoso

-28 here.

To dam cold to even go outside

-27 with a windchill of -39, spent 20 minutes outside trying to get a scissor lift going, still cant feel my face or fingers. Damn that wind is cold today!

I'll be riding that tomorrow going to launch at the KSK club in oxford mills as they have a pancake breakfast event on and i think the group wants to do a loop out to limerick and back that'll put some miles on finally.

I am now laid up as my throttle cable broke on my way home. Had to ride 40kms with one hand while using a pair of needle nose pliers to control the throttle with a screw driver jammed in between the throttle and bars to hold the safety switch closed. Ended up cutting the sheathe on the cable about three inches from the end, pulled it out from the throttle lever assembly and rigged it so I could operate the throttle by rotating the pliers. Actually worked well and other than having to steer with one hand was not bad. now the fun begins, throttle body is buried in the good. seat off, pod off, gas tank off, airbox off, about three hours work. might as well change the plugs and check the valves while I am in there as it is the same crap to do em. ordered a new cable. Never had a throttle cable break on a sled, but I also have never put 60000 kms on a sled either. Might have to ride the kids sled for the next week.

Sounds like a pita. :(

19 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Sounds like a pita. :(

The engine lays down with the throttle body on the back side so it is a real pain to get to coils, plugs, and anything to do with the intake.

1 hour ago, zoso said:

Cold keeps these southern boys inside.

So, where are all the northern riders. You said you only seen one other sled.

Lol Smith Falls isn't northern ... well maybe compared to Toronto ... but not much :)

1 hour ago, thetorches said:

So, where are all the northern riders. You said you only seen one other sled.

Up in northern ontario where -20 is considered a warm day at 8 am as you ride to breakfast.

Archived