Lindsay TBR to Kinmount and part E108

Yamaha Fan

Glad you are still able to ride. Enjoy your ride tomorrow, back to work for me. 

21 minutes ago, gobills said:

not enough snow is what there saying so no its closed.  I don't think a groomer has moved in the HCSA this year.

They packed with the groomer to Kinmount but haven't opened.  Not sure why they have snow now? Kawartha lakes club is making them look foolish. I also heard Twin Mountains club will likely have limited trails coming tomorrow.   

Left TBR this morning at 8.30am. Just saw two other trailers .. they left earlier. 

Well the rail bed was thick with snow. Had to bust thru one part where the snow drifts were high. Yayyy for Yamaha. Fenlon Falls was really nice ... Lots of snow but no grooming.

FF to Kinmount was nice running, grooming needed. Thanks to the club volunteers who made this early ride possible.

Snowing heavily on the ride back and the wind made it bitterly cold.

Gasoline at Ultramar was $1.10. Can't beat that.

Way better than Abitibi Canyon ... lol.

Got home at 12 noon for BBQ chicken,  baked potatoes , macaroni and cider.

Had a nice morning ride. Cheers.

Nice report Ty and great to see you got out. I tried to convince my wife to head north this morning since there is a bunch of yellow trail around Waubaushene. We didn't get home from my brothers' until late last night and she was wiped. Then the cold that you mentioned. She is not as tolerant of cold as she once was so her vote was a definite no way. Guess who the tie goes to. She says when it gets a bit warmer she's up for it but not just yet.

Currently -14C or 7F Usually I'm good up to -20C. I am getting slightly less tolerant of the bone chilling cold and appreciate average cold.

Thanks for the report. I was planning on heading out today as well in that area but caught the manflu instead.. sigh ..

Hopefully maybe tomorrow instead ..

52 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Nice report Ty and great to see you got out. I tried to convince my wife to head north this morning since there is a bunch of yellow trail around Waubaushene. We didn't get home from my brothers' until late last night and she was wiped. Then the cold that you mentioned. She is not as tolerant of cold as she once was so her vote was a definite no way. Guess who the tie goes to. She says when it gets a bit warmer she's up for it but not just yet.

Currently -14C or 7F Usually I'm good up to -20C. I am getting slightly less tolerant of the bone chilling cold and appreciate average cold.

I hear you on the cold. It was brutal by the trailer. Your wife is wise. So it was yellow on the trail around waubaushene Eh! Must be Blake's new sled ..... lol.

Hope to see you guys on the trail sometime. 

I'm retiring Dec 31st. Had enough. Time to enjoy life after my wake up call.

Cheers.

50 minutes ago, infernobuster said:

Thanks for the report. I was planning on heading out today as well in that area but caught the manflu instead.. sigh ..

Hopefully maybe tomorrow instead ..

Good to hear from you ... yes, it was too cold if you have a flu. Tomorrow Twin Mountains in Bobcageon is opening their trails at 9am. There might be a club ride led by Nadene.

14 minutes ago, Muskoka cat guy said:

so kinmount to haliburton not open

and 02Sled you can ride with the boys if you want

that's the usual scenario but leaving my wife home alone at Christmas doesn't go as well as it would after New Years

Kinmount to Hali is indeed closed still. 6 to 8 inches of new snow since Christmas eve South of Minden. Probably more towards the village proper. Last and only pass by the club was Dec. 18. Here's to hoping something gets done before new years. 

Livin'

1 hour ago, Muskoka cat guy said:

so kinmount to haliburton not open

and 02Sled you can ride with the boys if you want

I saw tracks heading in the direction of Haliburton but I didn't go. Lots of powder that way but the OFSC has it closed. I turned back at Kinmount. The road where the shops are in Kinmount was bare.

lots of snow no grooming too bad for Haliburton restaurants

we have same problem in Muskoka where one side same terrain is well groomed and the next club does not groom

Archived