Cat's new Youth sled ZR 200 top speed is over the OFSC trails speed limit

FreezerBurnt

Cat just released a new 2/3 size sled called the ZR 200

It is apparently trail legal and can go 50kph +

nice to see that market getting looked at but at $4500ca seems steep for a sled for kids under 10yrs old

what is with posting picture on here the past little while?

Can't copy and paste anymore?

Thinking Yamaha with have one 2

I see they rebranded the VK540 as a Cat also

1st cat to have telescopi struts :)

Is it available with a turbo?

Has a Yamaha engine. So safe to say they will have their version also

11 hours ago, FreezerBurnt said:

Has a Yamaha engine. So safe to say they will have their version also

Looks like Yamaha suspension too!

I read it is only 9hp. Would have been better with 20hp and a switch under the hood to go up to 30hp as the child ages.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but lots of us started out on 7 hp, 10 hp and 12 hp sleds, which were a ton of fun at the time.

I started on a 22hp slug and it was always the slowest machine on the ride. This new one is lighter so with 20hp a youngster won't get bored real quick. I just think if it's 9hp parents will be trading up rather quickly. But times are changing, I didn't start riding until I was 12 years old. I guess some parents are getting their kids out even younger now. So 9hp may work for some.

I like everything about it but the 9hp. Needs more or it will get its ass kicked by all the old 250's and 340's out there that currently own this kid sled market.

The Phantoms never seemed to get off the ground. Doo tried the Freestyle 10 years ago and couldn't make a go of it. It will be interesting to see if Cat can make this work.

45 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I like everything about it but the 9hp. Needs more or it will get its ass kicked by all the old 250's and 340's out there that currently own this kid sled market.

The Phantoms never seemed to get off the ground. Doo tried the Freestyle 10 years ago and couldn't make a go of it. It will be interesting to see if Cat can make this work.

Understandable that it will get its ass kicked by the old iron out there.  Not really a comparable sled 200 to 340.  Ya it's going to get beaten for sure.  I bet the ride on that little 200 is awesome!!

Imo I think it's a test to see how many they sell in the next few years to see if there is maybe a market for a new 340 440 something along those lines for kids to move up too.

I know I'm seeing a lot more families out there this year and last year compared to years past.

I'm really hoping polaris comes out with something similar,they already have a 200 motor for the ATV all I can do is sit and wait 2 weeks!

10 hours ago, Blake G said:

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but lots of us started out on 7 hp, 10 hp and 12 hp sleds, which were a ton of fun at the time.

69 Dauphin with 10hp Hirth and Dad had the 18hp 335 71 Olympic

10 hours ago, 2strokemerc said:

I read it is only 9hp. Would have been better with 20hp and a switch under the hood to go up to 30hp as the child ages.

Give it a year someone will have it tweeked to make more HP

Archived