Parry sound

denny

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I came back from my cottage at Humphrey, it's 20km South from Parry Sound, trail 201 goes close to that place. We have good amount of snow, but no frost and lakes have just skinny ice, it's NOT SAFE 100% I will not take a risk to go even by foot, we need more cold days. I measure thickness of ice at end of my dock it was 3" of white ice and depth only 3 feet.

A friend of mine is in Humphrey and he was telling me he saw some tracks across some local ice and just shook his head in disbelief. Same comment as you though... no frost in the ground. Cold temps are returning with well below 0 later this week.

That tracks across the lake this time calling water crossing:D

This was taken Sunday/Monday on Otter Lake.  Snow is there but can use more and more cold.  Did a quick run on the Seguin Sunday, pretty good, water holes in some spots, after this weekend it should be even better.  Its coming.

cottage.jpg

Bring it on.... it seems there is lots of snow coming down across the province anywhere north of Barrie.

keep fingers crossed

7 hours ago, cravesledding said:

we are getting buried just got off of the 400 hwy down less then 20 k all the wayinto town and back 

Looks like we will have some work ahead of us once we arrive at cottage Friday.

Only place I know when removing snow we do it with a BIG SMILE :) and it's not considered work.

5 hours ago, cravesledding said:

Only place I know when removing snow we do it with a BIG SMILE :) and it's not considered work.

And lots of ice underneath watch your step lots of slip and fall accidents at the emerg after all the rain storms 

2 hours ago, Wildbill said:

And lots of ice underneath watch your step lots of slip and fall accidents at the emerg after all the rain storms 

Oh boy, thanks for the heads up

8 hours ago, catinental couch said:

Whiteouts from Parry Sound to Carling again tonight. Twelve inches + on the ground.

Beautiful :)

18 hours ago, cravesledding said:

I have to go back up and shovel the roof. I don't like shovelling the same snow twice. The deck and the pathways are harder to do the second time because when the snow comes off the roof and hits the ground, it packs like cement.

Tucker is back in service and rolling out today 

What are the others named?

Anyone heard of Billy Tucker?

That's not good:(

Archived