Feb 14th-17th Near North-TATA Ride

reevester

Is that a trail pop I see?

:cheers:

Went through the same section , was very rough from south of kirkland, then got nice for a while but very rough just outside of kirkland to where A108 meets A111C then it was very nice. What ever club is supposed to do that section should be ashamed of it,

Good to meet you at the shop tonight, glad you spoke up !

Gotta agree with a post above, without the efforts of the 2 clubs surrounding Matheson, that trail wouldn't exist.  And you did mention seeing a groomer parked trailside on the A108 South of K.L.  So it's quite possible they're having issues getting them groomed in a timely fashion, if they're having equipment issues.  I must say though, that particular trail South of K.L. had never been (very) rough in the years I'd ridden it, although it's been many years since I've last been on them.  I'm guessing with the "weather issues" the South is having, makes for more traffic up North.  Maybe they can't keep up with the traffic ...

Have a good ride out tomorrow, enjoy the trails !

We rode from NL to KL Sunday on the A108. It was very rough. Rode back to NL yesterday and did a nice loop in town. Trails were mint! Club Echo and Tri town did an excellent job! Hats off to all the volunteers!!

I heard KL's new Husky was stuck on the 103 on Saturday, so no doubt that set them back. I also heard from locals there was another issue with the new Husky the following day. I just noticed on their facebook A108 from KL to Blanche River was groomed last night.

Well I'm exhausted. 815 miles total. 900 miles including last Saturdays ride out of my cabin.

Great ride today. Excellent from New liskeard to Temagami then a bit chopping down from temagami to just north of North Bay.

Was getting really busy this week up there. Still a pile of trucks and trailers heading north. And I seen one of the new red groomers heading north a flat deck.

20160217_151056.jpg

20160217_104816.jpg

20160217_111547.jpg

Nice pics, thanks for sharing,

nice going,trails look sweet.better gas up for next rip

I saw a new tractor style unit on a flatbed heading through Hearst today ... looked like an agricultural machine, narrow tracks with thin track, minimal lug ... I wonder if its the same one you saw....

I saw a new tractor style unit on a flatbed heading through Hearst today ... looked like an agricultural machine, narrow tracks with thin track, minimal lug ... I wonder if its the same one you saw....

No it was a pistenbully no drag just the machine.

Went through the same section , was very rough from south of kirkland, then got nice for a while but very rough just outside of kirkland to where A108 meets A111C then it was very nice. What ever club is supposed to do that section should be ashamed of it,

I don't think we've ever ridden that stretch of trail south of KL when it has been top notch. I think it's a combination of the traffic & terrain.

No it was a pistenbully no drag just the machine.

K nope not same...

Were you parked behind Opaz Gas today small group of sleds, help get a red F7 outta the deep snow for a young woman ?  That was our group ...

Went through the same section , was very rough from south of kirkland, then got nice for a while but very rough just outside of kirkland to where A108 meets A111C then it was very nice. What

ever club is supposed to do that section should

be ashamed of it,

Limited funds and heavy traffic this year, not a good mix.

Archived