GANARASKA FOREST IS YELLOW

thetorches

I see the Ganny has gone yellow. Anybody been there and what are the conditions like. Thanks.

drove in and had a look. Not all trails have been groomed or packed, but the main trails looked pretty good.

What's the deal for riding there?

Seems for summertime ORV it's $30 for a day pass, $150 year.

Wonder if that covers the snowy season as well.

I guess I could just look that up, if I wasn't so lazy.

Any forum members ride there on bikes in the "off" season?

What's the deal for riding there?

Seems for summertime ORV it's $30 for a day pass, $150 year.

Wonder if that covers the snowy season as well.

I guess I could just look that up, if I wasn't so lazy.

Any forum members ride there on bikes in the "off" season?

its OFSC in the winter, so just your trail permit required.

Can you get thru the tunnel under the 115. If not where can you park east of the 115. Thanks.

Never been here before what's it like? How much riding can be done in here

Can you get thru the tunnel under the 115. If not where can you park east of the 115. Thanks.

porter road off the 115. Go south, it ends in a parking lot and at the trail

Went by tonight and main trail on north side headed in looks good. Figure im going to go check it out tomorrow .. 

Hey, thanks guys. Hey inferno. I'm working till 2:30 and will be heading over then. If you're back before then, could you leave a message here about how the trails are. Thanks.

Hey, thanks guys. Hey inferno. I'm working till 2:30 and will be heading over then. If you're back before then, could you leave a message here about how the trails are. Thanks.

Will do. The snow has been falling here for most of the day and will continue until tomorrow afternoon, and the top of the trail headed in looked good.

That was around 8pm tonight .. 

Was talking to a buddy that was in the ganny last night and said there was lots of sleds in there riding. Enough snow but no base so dodging lots of rocks. I asked him if he thought it was worth going Friday, he said to hold off.

Also talked to a couple of guys that trailered to bancroft. Unloaded road to the closed bridge by the airport and turned around and went home. Not enough snow.

Just got back from a 'lil rip.  I wanted to get out early, before "rush hour".

Don't waste your time guys.  They've posted them as Yellow but they've only packed what little snow they have, no grooming!!!  

You'll be lucky if there's 2" of base on the trail.  Lotsa snow there guys, but on the trail, it's not that firmly packed and there's no base.  

Lots of scratching, and IMO very poor conditions.  They should keep them losted as Red, to hoepfully save what they've got.  

+5 here tomorrow, and with all the traffic, they'll be toast.  

Just got back from a 'lil rip.  I wanted to get out early, before "rush hour".

Don't waste your time guys.  They've posted them as Yellow but they've only packed what little snow they have, no grooming!!!  

You'll be lucky if there's 2" of base on the trail.  Lotsa snow there guys, but on the trail, it's not that firmly packed and there's no base.  

Lots of scratching, and IMO very poor conditions.  They should keep them losted as Red, to hoepfully save what they've got.  

+5 here tomorrow, and with all the traffic, they'll be toast.  

I'll second that....They're brutal

Yeah been riding the ganny and 108 all day .. LOTS of rocks and bare in some spots.

Will need new carbides after today im sure. If we get the rain they are forecasting for tomorrow, forget about it!

Thanks for info. everbody. Came out after work and the battery was dead in my van. The dead battery probably saved me a trip to the Ganny. Hopefully somewhere to ride on the weekend. Great site for info.

Archived