Parry Sound Trail Report - Fri March 28th

LuvMyViper

The Conditions were awesome! Sunshine, good friends, and Great end-of-season running. Just returned from doing the Georgian Bay lake tour. Spider, Echo, Canoue, Three-legged, Clear, Blue lakes and back home. Ice was in great shape, with still some untouched snow to burn across. What a great end to this season....may get out for one quick rip tonight yet! VMAXXED over and out! :lol:

OH OH you forgot your cousin Rick :shock::wavey:

Rick went to gas station and then went to legion,nobody there so did a loop up around Burk's Falls. Had I known u guys went to Sprucedale would have scooted over there. Oh well theres always next time.

A great weekend.

12 sleds out on Sat.

LMV the photgrapher has pics

"Work with me baaby".

:lol:

Was a great day of riding it was really great to put faces to names finally.

bluvalian

Great to meet you on Saturday. It was a great ride.

You to Sledjunk we'll have to do that again next year. Was a good time. I think everyone must have taken a nap after we got back i loaded my sled and everyone had vacated the premises.

Today, with Canuck as our leader, Domino, LMV, Moosifer and I headed out for a half day ride to end the weekend.

5d715975.jpg

ea28c1d5.jpg

Notice that we kept the lone 'yellow' sled surrounded by a sea of 'blue'. :poke: :poke: :)

Conditions today were softening up and were starting to get a little rough but it was still a fun ride with great company. In my mind, that is the best part of this sport.

Till next weekend....

Yes, I said next weekend, I refuse to give up!!! :D:D:D

I think everyone must have taken a nap after we got back i loaded my sled and everyone had vacated the premises.

I was still out on the lake, towing.

What is the law of salvage on water (ice)?

If a vehicle is in distress, you hook onto, it's yours, right?

Yeah you guys drove over me i was heading south when you were heading over the overpass. I wish i coulda stayed last night looks like was another good day today. As far as salvage on water absolutely you hook it and merry xmas it yours.

I think everyone must have taken a nap after we got back i loaded my sled and everyone had vacated the premises.

I was still out on the lake, towing.

What is the law of salvage on water (ice)?

If a vehicle is in distress, you hook onto, it's yours, right?

:umno:

Here are the maps of Saturday's and Sunday's rides.

Saturday's ride

660c0359.gif

Sunday's half day ride

afcf6d8c.gif

Sundays ride looks much more interesting from a mapped point of view :D

Trails look like they are in great shape! Have fun out there this weekend!

:wavey:

Hey Giddy.. We're gonna ride down the Segiun and have lunch at your place (wild bill says so).. Whatcha doin' tomorrow? Wanna join us for a bit of a ride, we're coming your way...... We're gonna leave between 9:30 - 10:00am tomorrow...

Lock up your daughters and your lifestock, we're comin' through town :)

Hey Rick! Sorry I missed this post - but I have been off-line since Friday AM. I wasn't up in Kearney this weekend - FINALLY had to pick up the new truck - but would have loved to have been up there with you guys!!! I could have told you that the Legion is closed for food on Fridays - we all could have had lunch and libations at my place instead - down on the dock! At this time of year - we park our sleds out on the ice outside my cottage and set up the lawn chairs and enjoy the sunshine....just getting prepped for the dock parties of summer. Oh well- there's always next year! Looks like the conditions were outstanding for late March running - glad you had a great weekend - too bad about the dead sleds though - not the kinda way you want to end the season that's for sure.

Did that real time GPS/Tracker show 0 mph for an extended period of time in front of Marks/Club 69?

:rotflmao:

(just kidding - LMV must have been riding that sled :lol: )

Hey Giddy.. We're gonna ride down the Segiun and have lunch at your place (wild bill says so).. Whatcha doin' tomorrow? Wanna join us for a bit of a ride, we're coming your way...... We're gonna leave between 9:30 - 10:00am tomorrow...

Hey Rick! Sorry I missed this post - but I have been off-line since Friday AM. I wasn't up in Kearney this weekend - FINALLY had to pick up the new truck - but would have loved to have been up there with you guys!!! I could have told you that the Legion is closed for food on Fridays - we all could have had lunch and libations at my place instead - down on the dock! At this time of year - we park our sleds out on the ice outside my cottage and set up the lawn chairs and enjoy the sunshine....just getting prepped for the dock parties of summer. Oh well- there's always next year! Looks like the conditions were outstanding for late March running - glad you had a great weekend - too bad about the dead sleds though - not the kinda way you want to end the season that's for sure.

Sorry we missed you too . Congrats on the new truck ! Actually we were there Saturday and nothing was open not the legion or the bistro :crazy:

Sorry we missed you too . Congrats on the new truck ! Actually we were there Saturday and nothing was open not the legion or the bistro :crazy:

Hmmmm....the Legion is usually ALWAYS open on Saturdays :wtf: Not surprised about the Bistro - have heard that business hasn't been good and there was talk about them closing up.

Good to meet and put some face's to the name's on the board,it was a great ride while it lasted....as the saying goe's %hit happen's just thankful we were close to home and not in the far north.

Sammy

Did that real time GPS/Tracker show 0 mph for an extended period of time in front of Marks/Club 69?

NO!!

I could visit one of those establishments with the guys, my son could visit if/when he wished, BUT, I will not visit one with my son!!! Sorry, that is just Gros_Smileys_147.gif

NO!!

I could visit one of those establishments with the guys, my son could visit if/when he wished, BUT, I will not visit one with my son!!! Sorry, that is just Gros_Smileys_147.gif

From what I understand the "talent" there is either collecting seniors pension or makes great tips for getting dressed again.

Archived