KINMOUNT TO HALIBURTON

thetorches

Anybody up there today. What are conditions like. Is it worth it to head up there tomorrow. Thanks.

I was wondering the same thing.  

Since I can't find anyone to go with, let me know if you do plan to head up that way tomorrow.

Shawn

Welcome to OC Shawn. :-)

Naw, no good. The groomer is wrecking it as I type, he's at the end of my driveway gonna go see how much damage he's done!!

Livin'

livin' is the club president. give him a few minutes and I expect you will get the straight goods.....

Thanks Blake G, my sarcasm probably doesn't translate well over the keyboard. I kinda thought we had promoted the crap out of the fact that we were first to open and OCer's had been riding it!! The rail line has been outstanding for early season conditions(gotta say that)and some grooming has been happening south of us, but I can't speak for any other club.(gotta say that)I would say the trails held up quite nicely and the traffic has been moderate compared to regular season. The groomer was at the end of my driveway a few minutes ago, and is now headed back to Hali. I am happy to report he didn't wreck the trail and you should enjoy a very nice ride tomorrow. Come on up and be sure to support our local businesses!!

Livin'

That's great news!

Even though I rode with you yesterday, and the railbed was absolutely great, I wondered how well it had stood up to whatever traffic came it's way. Conditions can change so fast with traffic and weather. Today, for example, I decided to drive two hours to the open trails east of the Park. It was a good call and I totally enjoyed myself, but when I got back to Gravenhurst and saw that it had snowed about eight inches while I was out of town, I started thinking that perhaps tomorrow i might be able to run around locally on the roads. But that can change very easily by tomorrow morning, depending on how the public works department reacts to the snow.

There is a lot of information on the internet, and I have noticed in particular adam gamble and backsleddin are very keen gatherers of information. The problem is that it takes awhile to figure out the value of information, depending on the source. After using this site for a few seasons, we figure out who gives the straight goods, who overstates, and who tends to make up stuff.

I don't know if you ever look at the facebook groups for Ontario snowmobilers, but there is a lot of guessing and uninformed statements taking place, which confuses the issue for people seeking the straight goods. We get that on this forum, but only to a very small degree compared to other sites.

Some examples: if Dan Senior says something about the Sault, you can take it to the bank. If Denis or Clairvoyant make comments about Hearst or Cochrane, you know it is the right stuff. Lots more great examples, of course.

Knowledgeable sledders from across Ontario, plus a few expert Americans and a handful of out-of-province Canadians, provide us with the best available location-specific accurate information. That's what makes this site so great.

Well said!! But you forgot to mention if Livin' speaks of Hali you also can take it to the bank!! I'm too old to take the heat. Just here to have fun.

Livin'

Three of us riding kinmount to Hali Sunday morning. Breaking on the new ride  :D

Need a fourth?????

Where is a good place to stage in Kinmount.

Between Monck Road (45) and the Burnt River on the south side of the intersection of 121 and 45.

Go up 121 toward the "3 corners" of Kinmount where you would turn left at road 45 to go Norland. Turn left just before that intersection and after crossing the river.

I saw several sledders unloading there yesterday.

Terry take these directions with a grain of salt. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can verify or correct them:

But in case not.....here's a stab...

Between Monck Road (45) and the Burnt River on the south side of the intersection of 121 and 45....just not sure how you access the parking lot...

Go up 121 toward the "3 corners" of Kinmount where you would turn left at road 45 to go Norland. Turn left just before that intersection and after crossing the river. OR you might have to turn left onto 45 and then take the first left....municipal lot..saw several sledders unloading there yesterday.

Most people unload right where the rail line runs through town. There is a road called station road (which is beside an old convenience store that is empty with lease signs) just north of the bridge (the one that crosses the burnt river) on highway 121. Take that up to the trail and unload.

It would be nice to zoom in and do a screen capture of the site...but...the Google and bing maps have insufficient resolution in this area.

Thanks Blake and mgooding. Hoping i can get up there tomorrow or sunday.

I know

Something weird going on with my computer tonite wasn't finished posting and the last one went unfinished?? I was trying to post I know the area doesn't map well, and if you look for the old Austin Saw Mill at the bridge will find the spot to park.

Livin'

I have a cottage on four mile. Hoping, KLSC opens part of the rail line lol. Or else I'll be trailering to Kinmount tomorrow. Only 30 minutes to drive up though.

Something weird going on with my computer tonite wasn't finished posting and the last one went unfinished?? I was trying to post I know the area doesn't map well, and if you look for the old Austin Saw Mill at the bridge will find the spot to park.

Livin'

Thanks for info.

Turn at the convenience store just past the bridge that road leads into the Mill and park where you park and the trail is right there.

Turn at the convenience store just past the bridge that road leads into the Mill and park where you park and the trail is right there.

The convenience store is closed now. It has for lease signs up.

Yes... The site and it's information is why I have made it my main choice for information. Being a guy who lives down south I can't look out my window and see trail conditions. Thanks to the guys who can and report it accurately.

Hey mgooding9. I have a cottage on the b103 at the 3rd con and the sleds have been running it for the last couple of days. I did see the groomer go by on Thursday. I have heard there is a large water hole just south of Kinmount and maybe that's why the KLSC isn't opening the trail as of yet.

Nice Riding yesterday on the rail line in HCSA.

Archived