Rhino's in Bewdley Burnt

Bigfish

Stopped in once during the summer and looked like it had been updated on the inside.

It was a great place to stop for lunch on day ride from Port Perry clubhouse.Hopefully they rebuild.......good foe Bewdley and local employment

you can always go to the old railroad stop in hiawatha

good food

lake access

cheap fuel

its on the borth shore and is usually staked by the rice lake sno drifters

X2 - located right across the lake from me

I use them all the time!

Rebuild is well underway. The owner and his family are friends of mine. He hopes to have the kitchen washroom and main dining room complete andĀ open mid to late January even though the other parts of the building won't be done. Massive amounts of restoration work. Put up temporary walls and support beams to hold things up while original charred ones are replaced. He really wants to get open so his 23 employees can get back to work. They all have said they will come back.

• 3 months later...

Rhino's is nearing completion and will be able to open likely around the end of April. The original building was built about 100 years ago and known as the Kennedy Hotel. A few pictures from the early years.

Ā 

post-21351-0-82343300-1458838168_thumb.jpg

Ā 

post-21351-0-69398400-1458838132_thumb.jpg

Ā 

post-21351-0-89341600-1458838097_thumb.jpg

Ā 

Drywall started about a week ago, all new inside and essentially outside. Stone up to the second floor outside. New septic. Two new apartments upstairs looking at the water.Ā Our friendsĀ are meeting with the interior designer in a week or two for theĀ finishing touchesĀ  It will be all ready for next winter with lots of snow coming to bring the sled heads to the door.

Ā 

Ā 

Great post 02! What say we configure an Ontario Conditions Olympic Food Tasting team and visit them soon after opening? I have fond memories of the chicken wings and ribs.

Great post 02! What say we configure an Ontario Conditions Olympic Food Tasting team and visit them soon after opening? I have fond memories of the chicken wings and ribs.

Ā 

I suspect I will be there for the opening. I go fishing regularly with the father of the guy who owns it (David) and the owners son. The guy who owns it tends to be too busy to find the time to go fishing with us very often and when he does his son shows him how it's done.

Ā 

I was just talking with his father in Florida today and the owner and family were there for a week during march break. His son showed him up as usual.

Ā 

I think for sure an OC test of the wings is in store.... for sure by sled next winter if not this spring.

Good to hear everything has worked out for them.

Ā Suits are on saleĀ 

• 2 months later...

Heard that Rhinos opened back up today ...Ā 

Heard that Rhinos opened back up today ...

Look forward to stopping in.

That it did. My friend David who owns it is glad to be back in business and have his staff back to work. Staggering price tag for the rebuild though. Insurance is a good thing.

Archived