Orrville Bakery Barista

Blake G

Make sure you have your trail pass! I wouldn't wanna be pinching a fellow OCER without a trail pass! lol.

trail passes are only for people with money to burn. Why buy a trail pass when you can likely ride year after year and never get stopped and if you do the penalty is less than the permit cost if it even gets that far. The TP will likely just ask you to get off their trail.

That is what I hear way too many people say. We need better enforcement and stiffer penalties unfortunately or it will just get worse

trail passes are only for people with money to burn. Why buy a trail pass when you can likely ride year after year and never get stopped and if you do the penalty is less than the permit cost if it even gets that far. The TP will likely just ask you to get off their trail.

That is what I hear way too many people say. We need better enforcement and stiffer penalties unfortunately or it will just get worse

Actually im out on trail on my quad quite often and have caught a few people without one but the few that i did catch without one when i saw them again they did have their trail pass. As for having the no trail pass, i tell them that they have to go back from where they came from and the next time they are caught on trail with no pass then I will lay a trespass charge which upon conviction you could get a $2000 fine. 

When we got into bed with the MTO in 99 for the trail pass the reason was better enforcability . Now we no longer wish to enforce? 

When we got into bed with the MTO in 99 for the trail pass the reason was better enforcability . Now we no longer wish to enforce?

If the police don't continue to make a presence on the trails, we are in trouble. I seem the police out in my area two years ago. They were out most of feb on the weekends. I was stopped twice that season. They found a few without permits and nailed them with the trespass fine. That made the local paper, which encouraged more people to buy permits. The solution is now to roll it in with the valtag and be done with it. Let people like the big pig apply for an exemption.

If the police don't continue to make a presence on the trails, we are in trouble. I seem the police out in my area two years ago. They were out most of feb on the weekends. I was stopped twice that season. They found a few without permits and nailed them with the trespass fine. That made the local paper, which encouraged more people to buy permits. The solution is now to roll it in with the valtag and be done with it. Let people like the big pig apply for an exemption.

That was likely Waterloo Regional Police not the OPP which is who most clubs have for enforcement.

That was likely Waterloo Regional Police not the OPP which is who most clubs have for enforcement.

It was regional police for sure.

Cool . Was Hannons store still going strong then?

It was going for a while until the ministry found the fuel tanks leaking then they tore the building down.Then a small convenience store was built just inside the reforestation.After that I wasn't up there enough to keep up with the rumors etc.

The one car garage you mentioned has been gone for many years, although I do remember your house and recall your dad landing his float plane on Duck Lake.

Thanks for the update snapper.I road a lot of hours in that plane.It seems funny that anyone would remember that.I need to get up there and visit the farm and my buddy at the beach and get caught up on history.

Finally got a picture of the side room.

post-22473-0-74052900-1443218156_thumb.jpg

Archived