Orrville Bakery Barista

Blake G

The Orrville Bakery Barista is impressive.

You can check the Tripadvisor reviews in the link below. I've never had a better coffee. The baked goods and sandwiches are excellent.

This little gem has been under the current management since May 2014. I now realize how very close it is to OFSC Trail C103D, commonly called the Seguin Trail. One of the trail's road crossings is a mere stone's throw from the Bakery Barista at the main intersection of Orrville. For those who don't know, here's a map showing the location of Orrville, and an image showing the Seguin Trail and the Orrville Bakery Barista. I doubt that snowmobiles are permitted on Highway 518, and there is a distance of approximately 100 metres between the Trail and the side streets (see the yellow question mark). I have no idea how Orrville locals ride to the trail, but perhaps there is a secret back trail. I placed a question mark on the map to show this stretch of 518. 

post-22473-0-63604000-1441565340_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-57243900-1441565353_thumb.jpg

In my opinion this is by far the best food near the trail between Highways 400 and 11, and a good distance beyond. The Bakery staff didn't seem to know much about organized snowmobiling, so perhaps there could be a discussion about possible trail guide sponsorship? For now at least, it is a great little stop when doing road trips in the area.

The place is NOT open seven days a week, so winter hours will need to be verified. Right now I believe it is open five days a week. It is not licenced, and would seat around 12 or 18 people in the back room. Not a full dining experience, but perfect for a coffee and sandwich or treat. Check out the photos and reviews on TripAdvisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g2426122-d6652296-Reviews-Orrville_Bakery_Barista-Orrville_Ontario.html

Here's a link to their web site....

http://orrvillebakery.com/

and Facebook page....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Orrville-Bakery-Barista/687157354640636

Yes Blake G, It is a great lil gem that I frequent quite often when im out on my quad. Im also T.P with park to park trail and we got them as one of our map sponsor as well they sell our trail passes there. The owners are great people that are providing a great service to the community. PS, the pizza buns and score brownie are to die for :). They do close on mondays and thursdays i believe and they will continue to be open in the winter. I was wanting to have a talk with them about snowmobile opportunities but they have been so busy this summer that im waiting till they quiet down a bit so we can have the time to go over some of it. 

I dont see why snowmobiles wouldnt be allowed on the side of that hwy even for just a bit to get to the place. 

The Seguin actually crosses 518 hwy at two locations both within roadrunning to the barista. My cottage is in the area and I have never experienced police problems running the side of the hwy. The Seguin hwy crossings of 518 are favourite locations for OPP Ride and document checks.

Thx for the info. Looking forward to winter hours.

Yes Blake G, It is a great lil gem that I frequent quite often when im out on my quad. Im also T.P with park to park trail and we got them as one of our map sponsor as well they sell our trail passes there. The owners are great people that are providing a great service to the community. PS, the pizza buns and score brownie are to die for :). They do close on mondays and thursdays i believe and they will continue to be open in the winter. I was wanting to have a talk with them about snowmobile opportunities but they have been so busy this summer that im waiting till they quiet down a bit so we can have the time to go over some of it. 

I dont see why snowmobiles wouldnt be allowed on the side of that hwy even for just a bit to get to the place. 

Never been an issue that has been a business on and off forever under different owners and sled have always been able to access with now issues 

Great news guys. I look forward to dropping in there a few times this winter.

Tess and I and our friends have stopped there a couple time this past summer on the quads and look forward to stopping in the winter on the sled. Wonderful hidden gem. Hope they leave the gnome out for the winter so we can get a picture beside him as well as the one we have with the quad. We call in the Gnome Stop.

Tess and I and our friends have stopped there a couple time this past summer on the quads and look forward to stopping in the winter on the sled. Wonderful hidden gem. Hope they leave the gnome out for the winter so we can get a picture beside him as well as the one we have with the quad. We call in the Gnome Stop.

gnome sweet gnome?

I was through there two weeks ago. The town was packed with people for a farmers' market. I glanced at Duck Lk Store on the way past and I am pretty sure it was open.

• 2 weeks later...

Across the lake and up the hill from my house lol. Great butter tarts!

I didn't realize there was so many OCers hanging out in orrville...

My parents built the Duck Lake Store as the original garage part with the apartment on top.I grew up at the first property on the left on Duck Lake Road.The house burned down years ago but I think the old 1 car garage may still be standing.I moved from there in 1972.

My parents built the Duck Lake Store as the original garage part with the apartment on top.I grew up at the first property on the left on Duck Lake Road.The house burned down years ago but I think the old 1 car garage may still be standing.I moved from there in 1972.

Cool . Was Hannons store still going strong then?

Anyone have GPS coordinates of this place. Figure I can find it on my way over to Kearny on the new toy!

It's on the side of hwy 518 20kms east of the 400. Downtown Orrville...beside the 6' gnome.

Anyone have GPS coordinates of this place. Figure I can find it on my way over to Kearny on the new toy!

45.3806,-79.77774

When are you going? Maybe I'll meet you for a coffee.

The one car garage you mentioned has been gone for many years, although I do remember your house and recall your dad landing his float plane on Duck Lake. 

45.3806,-79.77774

When are you going? Maybe I'll meet you for a coffee.

I will let you know! I am heading that way mid week before the thanksgiving long weekend! Figured I would get a run in on the new to me atv. Will be up in central ontario all weekend. Looks like bracebridge will be my home base Saturday thru to Monday,

I will let you know! I am heading that way mid week before the thanksgiving long weekend! Figured I would get a run in on the new to me atv. Will be up in central ontario all weekend. Looks like bracebridge will be my home base Saturday thru to Monday,

Make sure you have your trail pass! I wouldn't wanna be pinching a fellow OCER without a trail pass! lol.

Archived