Snowmobile Tourists in Northern Ontario (Gov't Report)

Canuck

Thanks! Kap always seems to have rooms. I talked to the owners of the westway in cochrane there phone was ringing off the hook the last week of march. Said they felt bad for booking in two hockey tournaments for the weekend. Lots of sleds in all of the hotels both when I left on monday and arrived back on Thursday. Had to be 50 sleds alone at the westway, Thursday night. Most riders were just doing day trips from cochrane to Timmins, canyon etc. I didn't drive 800 Km's to ride in circles for four days. So I enjoyed our trip out to dub and back, great scenery and people along the way. Really appreciate the value of the permit after putting on 1200 Km's in 4 days. Sometimes I barely get that in a season down here in the south.

Y'ah  you're no fool, you drove 800 km. then rode 12 hours  to Dub to drive around in counter clockwise circles.

Y'ah you're no fool, you drove 800 km. then rode 12 hours to Dub to drive around in counter clockwise circles.

I agree ..... if you did more miles on the tow vehicle than the sled, it's a mathematical failure......

Y'ah you're no fool, you drove 800 km. then rode 12 hours to Dub to drive around in counter clockwise circles.

I agree ..... if you did more miles on the tow vehicle than the sled, it's a mathematical failure......

OOOPS. A typical weekend for me will see about 370 to 400 km on the truck... I don't do that much on the sled though over the Sat / Sun

..... if you did more miles on the tow vehicle than the sled, it's a mathematical failure......

That's a great rule of thumb. Thanks, Denis.

I disagree!  As long as I get to ride, it is a win :lol:

That's a great rule of thumb. Thanks, Denis.

Well 1200 Km's on each sled equals 2400kms on sleds and 1818 Km's on truck. We did ok and a trip doesn't have to be a race to see how many miles we can put on sleds in for days. Besides my dad is 71, so 300 Km's is a long day for him.

Ask most people from Toronto and they'll tell you Northern Ontario starts at the 407.

If they even realize the province goes further than the city boundaries

If they even realize the province goes further than the city boundaries

The world is flat and you fall off the edge just beyond Parry Sound... everyone knows that.

Well 1200 Km's on each sled equals 2400kms on sleds and 1818 Km's on truck. We did ok and a trip doesn't have to be a race to see how many miles we can put on sleds in for days. Besides my dad is 71, so 300 Km's is a long day for him.

Yeah, yeah, just messin' with y'all ... lol !  It's never a race for me either ... as long as I get where-ever and back without a sled failure it's a win.  300km's is about my daily limit too, 2 days this year with more than that, and both wreaked havoc with my herniated disc ... the marathon-of-a-day ride with SJ, IQTurbo and apeXMAN was brutal, I was in bigtime pain for the next 3-4 days .... the 330km ride to Hornepayne and back was better, but still sore.  

Seat mods coming soon to a bologne-slicer near you .....

I disagree :)

I drive 250 kms to put on maybe 80-100kms on the sled many times

it's about the smiles and times with riding buddies :D

I disagree :)

I drive 250 kms to put on maybe 80-100kms on the sled many times

it's about the smiles and times with riding buddies :D

Life is about averages. Sledjunk and you vs. ....normality. :-P

post-19774-0-37400900-1428958724_thumb.jpg

Life is about averages. Sledjunk and you vs. ....normality. :-P

attachicon.gifabynormal.jpg

:hyper:

Archived