Haliburton Forest .. thread #2

infernobuster

Next year I will go thru the us and put my skid gas tank in back of pickup. Will fill it while traveling through along with the truck and sleds. Can go right to dub via the soo and day trip out of there. Come back at night and refuel. I could save approx 300 bucks on a trip including truck and sled fuel for a week. Then on way back fill the tank again and use it in Ontario for the next month.

Buy some vacation health insurance for your road trip through the U.S. Most people don't factor in this cost.

I liked the HF first time I went with a new machine, good early season ride. However, rates have gone up for accomodation, they don't allow cross country skiing, there is a minimum 2 person cost for accomodation, so I am finding that it is not good value for me anymore.

Buy some vacation health insurance for your road trip through the U.S. Most people don't factor in this cost.

I liked the HF first time I went with a new machine, good early season ride. However, rates have gone up for accomodation, they don't allow cross country skiing, there is a minimum 2 person cost for accomodation, so I am finding that it is not good value for me anymore.

Vacation health insurance. I am automatically covered for up to 30 days at a time any where in the word, no extra costs required. I go to the us all the time. Going next week in fact for a week, leaving sled at home since I am going to windy crity.

From the Haliburton Forest web site:

After a long and snowy winter full of excellent snowmobiling and dog sledding at Haliburton Forest, we are closing our snowmobile and dog sledding trails as of Thursday April 9, 2015.

Spring has sprung, and we are committed to providing clients with safe and high quality winter experiences. Therefore, snowmobiling and dog sledding are over for this winter, and we look forward to seeing you again for the next season !

"Spring has sprung".  Let the countdown to winter begin.

Was Blake the last rider? :)

"Spring has sprung".  Let the countdown to winter begin.

Was Blake the last rider? :)

258 days and counting to winter

I'm counting on 7 months as long as we get a nice big November storm and my sled is in by then..,

I'm counting on 7 months as long as we get a nice big November storm and my sled is in by then..,

I like your optimism...my sled will be delivered to me at the start of the October snowmobile show.

Archived