Truck on the e108 again

infernobuster

Thanks to those who stopped us to give us the heads up.

Some kid had has dads truck showing off to his g/f on the 108 just a few minutes from the port perry clubhouse.

A few Thursday's back came across a couple of belly hung trucks on that stretch of 108 by the clubhouse.  I think the groomer pulled them out in the end.  Still had some pretty dangerous holes there when we came back through there on the way back from Port Perry a couple hours later.

Axe ... fuel tank .... lighter ................  any questions ?

There is excavation going on North of the clubhouse on the big swamp south of lake Scugog. The landowner is using the trail with his pickup to to access the job site on the swamp so we need to be respectful in that area.

I saw the signs about the landowner using the trails on north end.

This wasn't in that spot at all.

We met him a few kms from the t junction that splits to the line behind the clubhouse.

I was coming back to clubhouse today around 3:00 p.m. on ppsc 105, and there were 4 vehicles on the trail. Should they be there. Van might have got stuck as a went by, he pulled to the right and his front tire was buried in the snow.

We saw a little FWD car going down a trail ahead of us near Shakespeare Saturday and I told my buddy 'We will be pushing that car in a minute'. Sure enough they were stuck by the time we caught up to them and asked for a push so we had to ask 'Where did you think you were going?' and they said that they thought they could make it to the trailer park that was closed for the winter a few hundred feet further.     

A few years back we saw a truck on a trail, I will not say where, and the guy I was riding with, a governor of a district, i will not say which one, pulls out his knife, and is about to cut all the valve stems off it...I changed his mind.

Next time let him do it.  Stupid bastage deserves to pay SOMETHING for his stupidity.

We saw a little FWD car going down a trail ahead of us near Shakespeare Saturday and I told my buddy 'We will be pushing that car in a minute'. Sure enough they were stuck by the time we caught up to them and asked for a push so we had to ask 'Where did you think you were going?' and they said that they thought they could make it to the trailer park that was closed for the winter a few hundred feet further.     

no respect for where they should not be then 

Unfortunately our groomers do such a good job that our trails are hard to distinguish from roads sometimes and people ignore warning signs. We saw the same thing in Port Carling where a small SUV wandered onto the trail and promptly sank to the axles. We did not offer help on that one as that was a lost cause. After lunch we passed again and he was still being winched out. 

Archived