Zrtkat & crew in New Liskeard

zrtkat

Zrtkat & crew made it too New Liskeard , the weather was quite snowy this morning From Toronto up, Snowing pretty good had to take a little break on the way up , The weather is getting colder can feel it already going to bundle up Tommorrow.

Was informed the trail we usually take to Quebec is closed due to landowner Issues ,so we will have to take a detour in the morning to get to Quebec. They said it takes 20 minutes longer to get to Quebec.

We had one Turbo the battery was bad would not start when we got up here ,so we had to look for a new Battery,the Folks at Canadian tire where very helpful.they called around and found us one,so we have it on charge will install in morning and be on our way.

We are heading to the Forestel in Val-dor looking forward to seeing some Oc Members ther tomorrow night.

Well Zrtkat is very tired have been up since yesterday morning at 7am and drove up here and I need to get to bed early tonight so I can get uo in Morning.

Will up-date from Val-Dor

have a great night

zrtkat& crew

greg you want OC ball cap or toque,,,see you at forestel.leaving n.bay around 9am...pm me your cell

Glenn get us 2 toques we are going to try to get out of here early, Scott has to install his battery in morning and we will be on our way.

just get me on this site ,my cell phone does not work in canada too expensive LOL.

See you guys tommorow night 

Greg

If that is a std Yuassa (sp?) batt, you will prolly like your life a lot more in the morning if you take it (the batt) in the room with you at night.

If that is a std Yuassa (sp?) batt, you will prolly like your life a lot more in the morning if you take it (the batt) in the room with you at night.

ox

Thats what we did ,fully charged it overnight -9 this morning cold hands this morning.

Zrtkat & crew need to get moving  :icon_photo:  this morning going down for breakfast and get ready to go.

DSC_0002_zps3hhds9we.jpg

Have fun guys and be safe.  You will enjoy those hats.

Thanks extreme600

we need them hats this morning :icon_hyper:

ox

Thats what we did ,fully charged it overnight -9 this morning cold hands this morning.

I meant EVERY night!

Unless you have a recoil on those?

But it's the cold start in the morning that you really like to have e-start.

Who needs it with a warm motor eh?

I thought that there was something wrong with my sled as it wouldn't start it in the morning, but after that - the e-start worked fine all day. I thought that maybe my Lead Dog Light was draining the batt on the way in at night or something. Finally realized that the cheap motorcycle batt didn't like minus temps. Ended up just scrapping the whole system for the last many yrs now...

Is the "9000" the new number for the 1100?

If so - you prolly aint gunna pull that over by hand in the morning eh?

I meant EVERY night!

Unless you have a recoil on those?

But it's the cold start in the morning that you really like to have e-start.

Who needs it with a warm motor eh?

I thought that there was something wrong with my sled as it wouldn't start it in the morning, but after that - the e-start worked fine all day. I thought that maybe my Lead Dog Light was draining the batt on the way in at night or something. Finally realized that the cheap motorcycle batt didn't like minus temps. Ended up just scrapping the whole system for the last many yrs now...

Is the "9000" the new number for the 1100?

If so - you prolly aint gunna pull that over by hand in the morning eh?

Yeah OX the 9000 is the 1100 turbo. 

Never taken the battery out of the etec before! It has sat in trailer for weeks in the cold and still starts fine! I put in a marine grade battery!

They start pretty good in the cold though 

Wildbill

I am Impressed how easy these 4 strokes start ,never had any issues yet ,hope it stay that way.

Have a great day

Zrtkat

More trouble cold starting with relays than with batteries by design all the sleds start well in the cold if the relays work and I certainly see relay issues with all brands 

Some are easier to access than others. Put your relay(s) in your pocket for a couple of minutes & they're usually good to go.

Never taken the battery out of the etec before! It has sat in trailer for weeks in the cold and still starts fine! I put in a marine grade battery!

Good idea cause we all know that boats start good in the winter months.

Good idea cause we all know that boats start good in the winter months.

Marine grade batteries are amazing in the cold and don't seem to discharge very quickly while sitting! Can sit for weeks in the cold and not loose much voltage!

Is the detour from New Liskeard to Quebec well marked?

We stayed at the Econo-Lodge they gave me the detour Map to use to Quebec,well it is a nice trail but it takes you 45 minutes to get to the trail to Quebec,I talked to some people they said to take the lake it is staked to Quebec,so do not know about that but it was a lot faster that way,they where staying at the Waterfront Inn.

If you are familiar with the area that is the way I would go.

I will post the map they gve me at Econo Lodge hope it helps

DSC_0039_zpscpqdyywh.jpg

Archived