PORT PERRY TRAILS

thetorches

Took the e108 from Port Perry clubhouse to  tunnel to get into the ganny. Pretty good shape. Went back to clubhouse and went north on ppsc104, not much snow. The swamp into Port not staked and neither is Scugog.

just rode e108 south of annies country diner. it was pretty rough but were suppose to get snow saturday, i hope 

Me and the misses were out today. Went from clubhouse into town for some breaky and then back to clubhouse and east over to Ganny. Was not too bad in the morning but was getting pretty slim in the afternoon.

One item of note, when heading east we crossed #57 (Waverley) around 9:30am and right over the first hill was a huge rock in the middle of the trail. About the size of a volleyball. Pretty obvious someone had placed it there on purpose. Luckily me and the wife avoided it and tossed it off the trail. Be careful out there.

Me and the misses were out today. Went from clubhouse into town for some breaky and then back to clubhouse and east over to Ganny. Was not too bad in the morning but was getting pretty slim in the afternoon.

One item of note, when heading east we crossed #57 (Waverley) around 9:30am and right over the first hill was a huge rock in the middle of the trail. About the size of a volleyball. Pretty obvious someone had placed it there on purpose. Luckily me and the wife avoided it and tossed it off the trail. Be careful out there.

Maybe the guy who put it there should have it shoved down his throat or elsewhere 

Was just on PPSC'S facebook page. A guy named Brad said he hit a log on trail just east of the road that clubhouse is on. Didn't know if the groomer might have kicked it up or someone had placed it there. Said it was about 3' long by 18" around. He was alright, but sled took a lot of damage.

Sabotaging starting again these people better hope the popo gets them before myself or other sledders catch them. Epic beat down

Sabotaging starting again these people better hope the popo gets them before myself or other sledders catch them. Epic beat down

I do not get why anyone would do this they must realize that it could hurt someone 

There's all kinds of sicko's out there.

I do not get why anyone would do this they must realize that it could hurt someone [/quote

in this age of not taking responsibility for ones actions this must be a perfectly good way of protesting there displeasure for sleds and general disregard for life.

Kids being asshats, and not having parents care where they are and what they're doing.....

Glad I read this before heading out. (Thanks for the heads up Monte!)

My son and I are planning on heading out this morning for our first ride of the year (he is 13)

Can't believe this crap is happening. Although I have read about it in places, I have never heard of this type of behavior out that way before. Sad!

Glad I read this before heading out. (Thanks for the heads up Monte!)

My son and I are planning on heading out this morning for our first ride of the year (he is 13)

Can't believe this crap is happening. Although I have read about it in places, I have never heard of this type of behavior out that way before. Sad!

Reading about these things makes me wonder why I ride fast. Fun yes, worth the risk, not so sure any more.

Rode from Port to the Big Tree in the Ganny today. No signs of the shenanigans mentioned earlier but there were a few straggler rocks and tree branches lying about in various areas.

All in all not a bad day. Definitely could use some more snow in places but was good none the less to finally get out.

140 km's and my son had a blast! 20+ cm's they are calling for starting tonight/early morning so that will definitely help!

post-21888-0-52515800-1423270587_thumb.jpg

post-21888-0-79162700-1423270605_thumb.jpg

post-21888-0-66104500-1423270623_thumb.jpg

post-21888-0-82387000-1423270642_thumb.jpg

Another 20cm's would be awesome. Sure could use it going north from clubhouse into Port Perry.

Another 20cm's would be awesome. Sure could use it going north from clubhouse into Port Perry.

We never headed north at all. Our original plan was to head to Bewdley but once we got into the Ganny, we decided to stay there. Figured with it being yellow on the east side of the Ganny and the Ganny requiring more snow in a lot of places, it would be even worse heading that way?

My son really enjoyed the loop trails, especially since I let him lead, plus we were the first down many of them this morning.

Our ride almost never happened. The battery in my Vector decided to crap out today and if it wasn't for some lone guy coming to check out the PPSC house having booster cables it wouldn't have. New Yuasa battery hopefully being ordered tomorrow?

Yesterday the pull cord on my son's XLT snapped while I was trying to get the sleds loaded up, and with today's battery issue, I was thinking this first ride of the year just wasn't meant to to be!  :angry-smiley-005:

Glad you had a good ride. Was in there monday and it was it in pretty good shape. Let it snow.

Are Scugog Lake crossings staked? They are showing Red

Are Scugog Lake crossings staked? They are showing Red

Not yet as far as I know, and with them finally getting some snow, I'm not sure when they will be?

Know where to go but just nervous about the ice conditions. I,d like to park in Port Perry then cross lake to island trails with ,y daughter because they are less likely to be busy

Thanks

Know where to go but just nervous about the ice conditions. I,d like to park in Port Perry then cross lake to island trails with ,y daughter because they are less likely to be busy

Thanks

I was over at the lake three weeks ago and trucks and huts were everywhere....I ran from Port to the other side of the lake to buddies place....the lake was well traveled..they were talking about 10 " of ice then...I will be leaving Uxbridge on the trails and be in the area again today on the island for the same reason as you ..have a good ride!

The lake has 20" of ice as of 2 days ago. This right from a local. Trucks are out there.

Thanks

I was thinking of doing that ride yesterday, head up the east side trail to Caesarea then cross over the lake to the island and run it down back into Port, but I noticed the trails were still yellow, and with some side road running on the way up there, I didn't bother.

I was also concerned about crossing the lake as I never really heard any recent reports and figured with it being Friday, the trails from Port into the Ganny wouldn't be too busy, which they weren't.

I did that run a couple times with my son last year and we both really liked it but figured I'd wait until things/info improved before trying it again this year.

The trails on Scugog island are rough as of yesterday . Lake is not staked but defiantly thick ice. Big pressure crack in the usual spot south of the Nonquan river. Lots of snow on the entire lake. Cllub website says they just haven't had time to stake the lake.

Thanks everyone. Went anyways and as Apex man stated lots of huts, vehicles on the ice and lots of sled tracks. Crossed the lake and did Island trails. Very smooth but limited snow in a few areas, mainly near the south and in the bush but great fun. Took my oldest daughter out in the morning, met my wife and youngest daughter at the Wendy's/Tims, watched the polar bear dip together (crazy people) then did same ride with my youngest. Her first time riding herself after getting her snowmobile license in January

Island is a Great place to take kids riding. Seemed almost every group we met either had kids on their sled or a younger one riding themselves with a parent. Way cool

Archived