Gowganda / Elk Lake / Matachewan

Gowganda Lake Camp

Hope everyone's sledding season is getting going. It has been a slow start here this year , not for lack of snow but as some of you have read in the forums we have had a ton of trees down on the trails (as many clubs in the area are experiencing). Last week most of our trails opened and are in really nice condition. There is lots of snow here and just picked up some more. Groomers are moving tonight and the next few nights to clean the trails up again. We will also be starting the L136 between Gowganda and Matachewan this week. Have a great Super Bowl and hope to see you on the trails this season.

Ron

Thanks for the update Ron, looks like everyone up here is in the same boat regarding downed trees.  I'm hoping the high winds we had last Thursday night took care of the remaining trees to come down so we can all look forward to a great riding season.  A big Thank You goes out to the whole Gowganda/ Elk Lake/ Matachewan club and volunteers again this year.

Thanks for the update Ron.  We'll up your way in a few weeks!

Ron A107C was great thanks for dialing it in!  We rode it Friday and Saturday it was a nice surprise to see fresh pack and it was mint!  I trimmed a few more tree's Friday and Saturday on my way back through every little bit helps and I always carry a saw.  It's starting to look more and more like it used to!  

I wish we could help.  Thanks for your hard work!  Good luck.

Maybe Lee and me will make a run up it this weekend and pack it down ,have you made it to the wilderness section yet Ron ? 

Just a quick question. Are you guys open for lunch and fuel on Saturdays?

thanks

They always have been when we rode through.

Ron, We rode A107C today and hats off to all the volunteers who worked to clear that trail!  It is still evident how much brushing that was required to clear that trail!

Great job!!

Just a quick question. Are you guys open for lunch and fuel on Saturdays?

thanks

We are open for fuel and whatever else we can help you with every day but we are not serving lunch.   Two minutes away Auld Reekie's is open for lunch.

Hope this helps.

Ron

I assume that is Smoker under disguis on your webcam Ron LOL

I'm still trying to place him too, he looks familiar but not coming up with anything!! He must have a name?????

I assume that is Smoker under disguis on your webcam Ron LOL

It's Tom.

Maybe Lee and me will make a run up it this weekend and pack it down ,have you made it to the wilderness section yet Ron ? 

Hey MM. When you around G town again ?

Archived