Sudbury Update

zoso

Groomers have been out in a few places. Many trails still need brushing. I rode a loop yesterday, D/C out of Coniston, took D to the rail bed, followed that to the old abandoned train bridge crossed it back onto C took the Rail bed to C115 and back down through Garson. none of these trails are groomed and D is in need of some work. I did a little brushing, but being by myself was careful and did not take down anything too large. Lots of work ahead for the Coniston club, and wehope to be out again on Wed, as well as this week end.

Follow the sudbury, killarney and Nairn groomers here.

http://www.sudburytrailplan.on.ca/trails/conditions.php

Groomers and volunteers working hard to get things going here. We in the Coniston club were out brushing C and D today, still have more to do, but close to signing off and getting our trails rolling. Lots off snow in the bush today and more falling right now. Sadlty, as my daughter and I were riding back out after spending several hours clearing brush in the cold, we passed four older sleds, none had a permit. Hope police found them.

thx for updates zoso

Short ride today just went for 6 1/2 hours had lunch at rocky's. Lots of sleds out today, many many new axys poos out there. Looks like they sold well here. Saw a STOP at C and C105, looked at pass and waved us on. Ran into the snow spirits team, stopped, they were doing a rolling trail patrol, Richard comes over cannot see my pass and did not recognize me, so he asks where is your pass and I say I don't have one. He is about to get into gear with his duties when I open my helmet and he says oh it is you, we had a laugh. Then a cop rolls by and we ask where his pass is, he looked at us funny and kept rolling. All in all we are low on snow in some places, better, as usual, north of the city, but still a good ride and lots of folks out having a blast. STOP had not nailed anyone without a pass so that is a good thing. All the clubs have done a great job getting the trails ready to roll many thanks to the volunteers that worked hard this fall to get us going.

Did not take too many pics

Groomer made a pass yesterday from Garson to Coniston. Still rough due to lack of snow but much better as holes were filled. Things are getting better here but we need a good foot of snow to get it perfect.

Zoso parking for a few days.....Coniston or STP yard??.....taking a ride up around Gowganda.

Say hi to Ron and Giselle Lep,give us a trail report upon your return ,we are heading that way 2nd week of Feb 

We parked in the STP yard late in the season last year (marginal conditions) - no issues getting 'out' of town. Of course, get local knowledge.

Have a great trip, Lep. 

A simply awesome day on the STP trails. Thanks to the volunteers here for all their hard work making the Cartier Moose Tour Loop simply perfect. Lots of people out riding today, and trail patrol reported 100% compliance out in Onaping. Hundreds packed into Rocky's at 3:30 pm.  I left here at 7:40, to meet the guys at 8 and got home at 4:30. It was -26 when I left home, warmed up throughout the day and started snowing about 10 and is still coming down. We stopped at Tims in Chemmy for a coffee to warm up, then headed to Windy lake for lunch, over to Rocky's for an afternoon drink and logged about 320km for the day at an easy pace. I only took a few pics today, should have stopped at some of the more scenic spots on the loop but never even thought about the pictures.

Archived