LINDSAY AREA TRAILS

thetorches

A buddy at work who lives near rail beds in Lindsay says he has heard machines going by. Has anyone been on them and what shape are they in. Are they open. There's nothing on trail map saying they are. Thanks.

A buddy at work who lives near rail beds in Lindsay says he has heard machines going by. Has anyone been on them and what shape are they in. Are they open. There's nothing on trail map saying they are. Thanks.

OFSC trail map is updated always on Mondays and Thursdays as well as other unscheduled times. It would have been updated today so if the trails are still red they are closed.

If you mean the rail trail north of Lindsay, they get ridden as soon as snow falls. Can't speak for KL club, but I was told they were out grooming the rail trail down by HB cycle. I have seen that they were out at the top end of the trail when I was on it Wednesday. North of Kinmount was groomed by HCSA on Monday and went limited on Wednesday all the way up to Haliburton.

LIVIN'

I was told that they are going to open up the trails between Bobcaygeon and Fenelon in a few days .. 

Trails from Lindsay Northside are yellow now .. going to hit that up instead of Orillia on Sunday.

Ya, Lindsay looks good. Green from Kinmount to Haliburton. Do you know where to park in LIndsay. Thanks.

Right off thunderbridge road, there is a small road where the guys park and unload. It's right near the trail system.

Right off thunderbridge road, there is a small road where the guys park and unload. It's right near the trail system.

Thanks for info.

Went up to Lindsay today. Parked at Thunderbridge Rd., there were about 10 trailers there. Went as  far as Burnt River, put on 100 km's. First time on my new, old sled. Trail from Lindsay to Fenelon wasn't too bad, gravel in a couple  spots. More snow from Fenelon to Burnt River. It was nice to get out, sled ran great. Mite go again tomorrow.

Thanks for the update.

I'm headed there tomorrow to put some kms on the new sled. Might try to go as far as Haliburton.

For those considering the lindsay rail line, go further north and launch out of fenelon.

The lindsay to fenelon trail should be red. it's nothing but rocks.

Agree with inferno buster. We dropped north of Lindsay and it was rocky. North of Fenelon Falls to Haliburton was better. Still goog to get out for first ride

I would honestly wait a while before running this trail.  We ran yesterday from fenelon to Haliburton and its the first time I can honestly say it wasn't much fun.  The trail was badly rutted and in desperate need of grooming and more snow.  I spent the whole trip listening to the carbides banging off things.  On the plus side both Cameron Lake and The lake in Haliburton were staked.

I would honestly wait a while before running this trail.  We ran yesterday from fenelon to Haliburton and its the first time I can honestly say it wasn't much fun.  The trail was badly rutted and in desperate need of grooming and more snow.  I spent the whole trip listening to the carbides banging off things.  On the plus side both Cameron Lake and The lake in Haliburton were staked.

Head lake is the name of the lake in Haliburton 

Mondays are never the best days to ride.  In many cases the groomers have not had a chance to get out since the weekend traffic.  Lots of people riding the victoria railine since its the only trail open around here.  Even saw some ponies on the trail north of Fenelon on Saturday.  3 of them were running south followed by a bunch of sleds.  We came up on them heading towards us and stopped so they did too.  One of the southbound guys stopped and got off and approached the ponies and calmed them down. They promptly turned around and headed back north to where they came from.  Passing all kinds of parked sleds while we remained a good distance behind so they would not panic.  We didn't see them on the return leg so hopefully their owner tracked them down and they got home safely.

Hailburton you always hit things with your carbides. The terrain is very rugged and there was no snow until after Xmas. Takes allot of snow to build a decent trail there.

I ran from Lindsay to Haliburton on Sunday and it was bad for loose stones in the south part and then good snow with ruts in the North.

I was stopped by the OPP with radar around Kinmount and he said that there were complaints about the sleds going to fast on the trail...

Earlier I was passed by a bunch of sleds that were going around 100 km/hour...rolling stops at every stop sign ..followed them for a bit....crazy fast for that trail b103 and traffic..

All in it was good to get out for a ride :-) 

Anyone been out around Lindsay or Fenelon, looking to go out tomorrow. Just wondering what conditions are like.

Yes little more like gravelmobiling. Launch from kinmount temps over zero sunday

Thanks.

Archived