Parking Truck and Trailer

bozskagg

When you go to new areas to check out where are the easiest and most secure places to park?

Local clubhouse?

Hotel/motel?

Day trip - clubhouse. On trail and go.

Overnight or saddle-bagging - Local motel/hotel has worked for us over the years.  Think about snowplowing during the time you're away and park out of the way. Once in a while, they ask for the keys in case the rig has to be moved.

When you go to new areas to check out where are the easiest and most secure places to park?

Local clubhouse?

Hotel/motel?

When I park my truck and trailer for a few days, I usually stay the night before and sometimes the last night at my starting point. Most motels will let you park for several days, especially during the week when less busy.

why is it expected that parking in the north should be free when I pay huge if I have to park in the city?

X2! I always ask. Dinner bell let me park for one night! I stayed there two two nights and one in pembroke. Most places as long as you stay a night or so, they are ok with it. Pine stone in hailiburton will let you park for 10 bucks a day, if you aren't staying at all. I think wild bill will let you park for a few too, in parry sound area.

I have never had a problem with parking anywhere. Most of my riding is done North Bay and north from there. Everyone has been very accommodating and the truck and trailer have always been safe.

I always ask and if they want a few bucks no problem. The Esso at hwy 400 and hwy 12 Waubashene haven't a problem with parking at the rear of the building and they don't charge for it. They only ask you don't block the garbage bins.

There's a few places on Lone Pine Rd. Port Severn where you can park at least for the day but multiple days I would check into first. The Brissette House (tourism office) west side of the road north of Petro Can, I have seen trucks and trailers there for multiple days. Township Park parking lot, north east corner of Lone Pine and Port Severn Rd is good for daily but no overnight parking. H&S Amco east side of Lone Pine across from the township offices, check with Ron or Clay but people have parked there for the day and they may well be okay with overnight. They are long time supporters of the club. Petro Can is okay with parking for the day at the bottom lot but check in with them. They may be agreeable to overnight as well. All of these are right on C trail. The tourism office also has 24 hour washrooms available. If you have snirt on your sleds, truck or trailer Severn Suds has a coin wash that will take a Class A motor home so will be good for the large sled trailers. It's right across from the tourism office.

If someone is nice enough to let me use their property to park I feel obligated to return the favour and spend some money with them.

Stop by and enjoy our trails... once we get some more snow.

Day trip - clubhouse. On trail and go.

Overnight or saddle-bagging - Local motel/hotel has worked for us over the years.  Think about snowplowing during the time you're away and park out of the way. Once in a while, they ask for the keys in case the rig has to be moved.

Always good to leave keys if on a longer trip. If sleds break down they can always find someone to take your truck and trailer to pick you up for a fee. Always nice knowing someone can pick you up and take you back.

Always good to leave keys if on a longer trip. If sleds break down they can always find someone to take your truck and trailer to pick you up for a fee. Always nice knowing someone can pick you up and take you back.

You really want a stranger driving your rig? I would rather wait in the bush for another sledder. Then when they try to fix my sled I take off on there's. lol! (Actually I would just a tow into town and take a cab back). What more can you do.

2nd that! I don't even let my wife drive my truck...

The Brissette House (tourism office) west side of the road north of Petro Can, I have seen trucks and trailers there for multiple days. The tourism office also has 24 hour washrooms available.

02 - you might want to check to see if the washrooms are still open - they've been closed a couple of times I've been there. It would make sense that they would be closed as the highway stop right next door now provides washroom facilities...?

2nd that! I don't even let my wife drive my truck...

3rd that. Still looking for a support group for this one....

I have a Standard most cannot drive it 

Spouse able to drive standard was in marriage vows. Did have to find someone else to do the instructing though...well worth the $90.00 and someone else's clutch.

why is it expected that parking in the north should be free when I pay huge if I have to park in the city?

Cause us in the north are nicer! City folks not so nice! :nana::icon_naughty: Most Hotels if you stay the night before and after you come back will let you park for free. I have and friends from out of town have done this across the north of Ontario Manitoba and Saskatchewan. They sometimes ask you to park off to the side out of the way and some have areas set aside for that purpose.

Cause us in the north are nicer! City folks not so nice! :nana::icon_naughty:

I strongly question that statement based on some of the attitudes others have displayed around here... LOL....

Cause us in the north are nicer! City folks not so nice! :nana::icon_naughty: Most Hotels if you stay the night before and after you come back will let you park for free. I have and friends from out of town have done this across the north of Ontario Manitoba and Saskatchewan. They sometimes ask you to park off to the side out of the way and some have areas set aside for that purpose.

My point being that many of these hotels are barely scraping by a couple of bucks goes a long way for them 

Archived