WANTED: 3 Place Enclosed Snowmobile Trailer

yamaha06

I had an 8 foot wide, 12 long floe enclosed trailer (flat nose, cover), drive on drive off ramp. we could get two 136" and 1 121" sleds in it.  the longtracks went in forward,  and we kicked the rear ends to the outside. the 121" sled was backed in between them. the longtracks were unloaded out of the front, and the shorty drove out of the rear. it was tight and a pain but, it worked. the trailer had 2 2500 lb axles and brakes too. Ski

Now, there is some practical experience.  Thanks Ski!

I had an 8 foot wide, 12 long floe enclosed trailer (flat nose, cover), drive on drive off ramp. we could get two 136" and 1 121" sleds in it.  the longtracks went in forward,  and we kicked the rear ends to the outside. the 121" sled was backed in between them. the longtracks were unloaded out of the front, and the shorty drove out of the rear. it was tight and a pain but, it worked. the trailer had 2 2500 lb axles and brakes too. Ski

How was it backing up the ramp?

How was it backing up the ramp?

not easy but, not bad :D had traction cleats on the ramp, the sled walked up but, you had to keep the skis straight. then it was a manual struggle to get it in the final few inches not to hurt the sleds, and to be able to crawl out of the trailer. :D it was for only a trip or two a season when the daughter came with us. I wouldn't want to do it every time but, for once and a while, it was do-able. Ski

not easy but, not bad :D had traction cleats on the ramp, the sled walked up but, you had to keep the skis straight. then it was a manual struggle to get it in the final few inches not to hurt the sleds, and to be able to crawl out of the trailer. :D it was for only a trip or two a season when the daughter came with us. I wouldn't want to do it every time but, for once and a while, it was do-able. Ski

makes sense

I find if you put those traingle wheel dollies under the ski's, you can back right up the ramp without ski's catching. Have done it a few times too.

which dollies are those that stay on?

and also manage the gap between the top of the ramp and the bed of the trailer where the hinges are

So I should be able to get three sleds in my 9x12 (net 8.5x12.5) shed.  Gotta move some junk out of it if I am going to try and get more than two in.

One 137" and 2 121" tracks. 

I thought your trailer only fit 2 sleds?

Only two fit in. I usually load one forward and one backwards to even out tongue weight.

Archived