How far north did the snow fall?

Black Dog

Dunno how far North you meant, but around Hearst we got 2-3 inches a few different  times recently.  Our trails would be great if the 2 groomers weren't broke down.  We rode Sunday and were not impressed, single sled wide in lots of places, no way you could stay on your side of the trail, not knowing where the edge was.  Even the A trail West was bad.  

why dont they fix them?

A couple of fresh inches of snow this afternoon.

Getting snow as of  this afternoon,  enough to cover all the bare roads /driveways since we went out at 130. Rode to Harcourt and back via Haliburton, all HCSA trails that we rode had seen a groomer this evening. Still snowing pretty hard right now and the groomer was northbound on B103 when we got home. Broke  4000kms today riding from my driveway...what a year

LIVIN'

why dont they fix them?

They're working on it, I imagine ....  but I've got no other info, considering no-one in the bigshots club wants a no-one like myself involved.

Getting snow as of  this afternoon,  enough to cover all the bare roads /driveways since we went out at 130. Rode to Harcourt and back via Haliburton, all HCSA trails that we rode had seen a groomer this evening. Still snowing pretty hard right now and the groomer was northbound on B103 when we got home. Broke  4000kms today riding from my driveway...what a year

LIVIN'

Sounds like you are having a great year!

Got about one inch of fuzzy snow in Gravenhurst today. More would be welcome, but this will ease concerns about lube for the sliders.

Same here in Carnarvon, about an inch, maybe an inch and a half. At least it's cold again and I'm hearing that the groomers are out.

Groomer out on B hydro line to Whitney this afternoon, nice to see him out, trail was in great shape.

grooming in the aft is a waste of  $$ for sure , first 5 sleds tear it up 

A good year indeed! Best part is no trailering...  I hear you don't much care for trailers either!  Are you riding yet?

LIVIN'

Not yet.  Was going to try a short ride today, but the warmup has removed all snow from the roads and river.  Plans for next weekend, though.

Good man, sledjunk. Never surrender.

There is still a lot of snow out there... the only challenge is the bare road rash running. I was walking around our neighbours cottage in Port Severn on top of hard pack snow then suddenly plop... feet sunk into the snow and stopped at crotch height.  The only way I got out was to roll on the snow. Every time I went to stand up my feet started going down again. The snow will be here for a while yet... I'm thinking I'll get the boat in the water mid June at this point.

Archived