Wonder Why Trails Get Closed??? Take A Look...

Diceman

IMG_0094.jpg

Just by Baden....trail was changed due to corn still being on...guys still cutting through to save maybe 3 minutes....enjoy the trails while you can because if we keep this up , well you know what will happen!!!  Diceman

Sometimes, we (sledders) are our own worst enemies.

Sometimes, we (sledders) are our own worst enemies.

Yes you are sadly correct.

dumb question what do they do with the corn?

I used to work on a farm that had several acres of corn for consumption so by late Sept it gets plowed under

What is with this corn in the field above? Is it cow corn?

I used to work on a farm that had several acres of corn for consumption so by late Sept it gets plowed under

cattle corn,starch,ethanol 

That is exactly why a lot of the public thinks we are just a bunch of a$$hats with no respect for anyone or anything. I see it so much and shake my head every time. Damn it anyways

Wet fall, with a late spring means this corn likely either wasn't able to , or just wasn't ready to be combined in the fall.  By time drying charges were paid, and the corn was sold, there would be nothing left.  At spring harvest, you may get 2/3 of a crop, but it is usually dry by that time.

Wet fall, with a late spring means this corn likely either wasn't able to , or just wasn't ready to be combined in the fall. By time drying charges were paid, and the corn was sold, there would

be nothing left. At spring harvest, you may get

2/3 of a crop, but it is usually dry by that time.

The club staked the trail right to the corn field on the far side (can't see it in pic). So riders came down the trail and see the stakes follow them and then they rode in-between the corn rows.

All of ours got done! Some at 28 percent moisture though. Still made a decent profit, after drying. Not as good as last year, but take what you can get. Only beat the snow by one week last year. Lots of guys were busy trying to get thief high priced soybeans done and just left the corn to rot, like in the pic above.

The club staked the trail right to the corn field on the far side (can't see it in pic). So riders came down the trail and see the stakes follow them and then they rode in-between the corn rows.

All of ours got done! Some at 28 percent moisture though. Still made a decent profit, after drying. Not as good as last year, but take what you can get. Only beat the snow by one week last year. Lots of guys were busy trying to get thief high priced soybeans done and just left the corn to rot, like in the pic above.

The farmer who owns this corn is a cash cropper/custom guy and has a lot of acres to take in of other people's crops before he can do his own. When the conditions last fall went from wet to snow in short order the corn gets left until spring. He can combine with snow on the ground but has to have the snow off the ears of corn or it will bung up the combine.

The club staked to the corn field on the far side HOPING the corn would be combined. Instead, they put TRAIL CLOSED signs at each side to keep people from running through the corn when the farmer couldn't take the corn in before the early winter hit and the club couldn't pull the stakes. The snowmobilers DID NOT ride between the corn rows, they plowed some rows down to make a trail.

Damned fools with their stupid sense of entitlement. You can't fix stupid. I wonder how they would like it if the farmer drove his pickup through the middle of their front lawn this spring putting nice big ruts in it for them. It would serve them right and they would likely be crying that he needs to fix it.

You're right... no wonder trails get closed.

The farmer who owns this corn is a cash cropper/custom guy and has a lot of acres to take in of other people's crops before he can do his own. When the conditions last fall went from wet to snow in short order the corn gets left until spring. He can combine with snow on the ground but has to have the snow off the ears of corn or it will bung up the combine.

The club staked to the corn field on the far side HOPING the corn would be combined. Instead, they put TRAIL CLOSED signs at each side to keep people from running through the corn when the farmer couldn't take the corn in before the early winter hit and the club couldn't pull the stakes. The snowmobilers DID NOT ride between the corn rows, they plowed some rows down to make a trail.

NVS    I was down there a few times and didn't notice that. Was it where we crossed the road at the school?  I saw corn there and a sign but the club got us over towards the farm buildings and got us through there.  There was corn there but it was staked right? 

The picture is from back before the tracks. We normally have a trail running from there to the west but the corn prevented that this year. This year you had to cross the tracks to the south and then take the trail west. The landowner was very helpful and let us skirt the corn field close to his buildings up by the high school. We still had to knock down a row or two of corn at the road for the trail but we will discuss that with the cash cropper shortly. We will also have to see if he wants compensation for the damage caused by the sleds trespassing through the other field. You have to keep these guys on your side as they control a lot of acres. If you get kicked off of a field it is hard to re-route and you may possibly get another club's trail closed as he is upset with ALL snowmobilers.

Its the end...why post a pic now Dice...club done there best but u cannt fix stupid...in reality most of the of trail adventures started in my own system family day weekend....I am not complaining just saying need to get the word out....stay between the stakes.....on the other hand alot of old iron has been pulled from the barns this season.

many sledders just don't care...anytime you cross a field between the stakes ( as I do ) there are many tracks all over the place because guys want to play in the powder , not caring about whats under it.

Frustrating ....

I see it every day ....more and more ...people just don't care ..its " all about me " ..saw it at the ESSO on the 400 coming home..people waiting in line and others just pull in front.

Yes ..would love to see a farmer ride over their front lawn with his tractor...

Archived