K-W Trail conditions

coolbane

Just wondering what at the trails like from Guelph (Toyota) around K-W and down towards St Mary's?

Thinking of doing a run there on Friday.

Trails are hard packed and flat, with some bare spots depending on the terrian.Need studs to kick up lube to keep engine cool. If we can get a

few inches of fresh snow, trails would be great.

Trails are hard packed and flat, with some bare spots depending on the terrian.Need studs to kick up lube to keep engine cool. If we can get a

few inches of fresh snow, trails would be great.

It must be the skidoo. My Yamaha with no studs hasn't had any overheating issues even with the hard trails.

Just wondering what at the trails like from Guelph (Toyota) around K-W and down towards St Mary's?

Thinking of doing a run there on Friday.

I think I would be tempted to start in the Ayr / New Dundee area if I was you.

It must be the skidoo. My Yamaha with no studs hasn't had any overheating issues even with the hard trails.

It didn't over heat. But I was 12 or so degrees below over hearing, ie only one bar left on the gauge. I guess the car fans inside the yammies really help to keep engine cool.

It didn't over heat. But I was 12 or so degrees below over hearing, ie only one bar left on the gauge. I guess the car fans inside the yammies really help to keep engine cool.

Car fans? What are you going on about now?

Car fans? What are you going on about now?

Some four strokers have rad fans in them, along with the heat exchangers under the tunnel.

Thanks. Is Toyota trail not good? Its a bit closer for me.

Where is good place to park in Ayr area.

What is St Mary Steak Fest?

U can drop at Toyota if u like trails may be a little hard etc till u get a little further west......u can park an Dan Ayr gas bar just up the road from Vincents in Ayr....trail is right there.....or dropn in Baden or New Hamburg.......St Marys is having a poker run/radar run and steak dinner Sat.....dinner is from 5-8pm.......check Sience Hills website.

Some four strokers have rad fans in them, along with the heat exchangers under the tunnel.

From a car?

From a car?

Not unless it is a very little car.  The fan on mine is about 6 inches!

U can drop at Toyota if u like trails may be a little hard etc till u get a little further west......u can park an Dan Ayr gas bar just up the road from Vincents in Ayr....trail is right there.....or dropn in Baden or New Hamburg.......St Marys is having a poker run/radar run and steak dinner Sat.....dinner is from 5-8pm.......check Sience Hills website.

X2..

Not unless it is a very little car. The fan on mine is about 6 inches!

This is something doo didn't figure out. Going to get ice scratchers.

Everyone is bailing because of work or broken sleds. If anyone on here is riding this area on Fri let me know if you don't mind a tag along?

What time are you heading out! Suppose to snow tommorrow night!

Name the time and place.

Everyone is bailing because of work or broken sleds. If anyone on here is riding this area on Fri let me know if you don't mind a tag along?

Name the time and place.

Hey Gerrard,

I'm riding from my house tomorrow.

I'm in Bloomingdale.

You still have my number?

Hey Gerrard,

I'm riding from my house tomorrow.

I'm in Bloomingdale.

You still have my number?

"WE" are riding from our house!  I'm so excited to finally get out and ride.  This will be our 2nd ride of the year. 

Tim, can't find the number. call/text me on 9*five  three 3 zer0 27oo.

picking up my buddy in moffat around 9 am

Gerard, Tim will text you :)

Hi Diana, where did you guys ride today? Only your second trip; what could be more important than sleddin in an awesome winter like this??

We tooled around my buddy's house til noon as he burped and checked his sled after re-installing the engine at 3AM the previous night. We then went to Ayr and rode a loop out to Seaforth, part way to Listowel and back. And, no major issues with the sleds.

Trails were all good initially but got progressively worse with hard drifts as the wind got very strong across those open fields towards dusk.  Until the wind dies and the groomers can do their magic, it will be a rough ride.

Sitting in that nice 'round house' clubhouse near Mitchell as the wind and whiteouts howled outside was pretty neat.

Hi Diana, where did you guys ride today? Only your second trip; what could be more important than sleddin in an awesome winter like this??

We tooled around my buddy's house til noon as he burped and checked his sled after re-installing the engine at 3AM the previous night. We then went to Ayr and rode a loop out to Seaforth, part way to Listowel and back. And, no major issues with the sleds.

Trails were all good initially but got progressively worse with hard drifts as the wind got very strong across those open fields towards dusk.  Until the wind dies and the groomers can do their magic, it will be a rough ride.

Sitting in that nice 'round house' clubhouse near Mitchell as the wind and whiteouts howled outside was pretty neat.

Ya Gerard, I would have been out more if I had more confidence in pulling a big trailer behind my jeep lol.  Tim has been busy, but we hope to catch up on the hours logged in now that we can ride from home.

Wow what a day today was......we rode about 160 km through some pretty wild squalls, especially tonight riding home from St Clements Clubhouse.  Visibility was poor however the trails were pretty nice!   Bare in some spots but with this cold the base was flat and smooth with a few big drift creating a little fun plowing through.

You are welcome to park at our place anytime and ride from here :)  We have yet to head south west of here this year but would be nice to do that run!

All club members of St Clements Snowmobile Club (membership is $10) are permitted to park at our clubhouse to ride from.  The owner of the property (Ed) is on site and will gladly accept new memberships from anyone who arrives and is not a member yet :)

Trails are mint and the food at the clubhouse is yummy!

Archived